Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Green powder w/ water

Green smoothie (fresh apple, collard, kale juice/whole pear, banana/collard & kale leaves)

Green juice (Chard, cucumber, carrot, celery, parsley, romaine, green onion, plus tsp. of three-seaweed mix)

Green smoothie (fresh apple, kale, collard juice/water/whole papaya/6 dates/whole banana/kale & collard leaves)

Probably about 4 cups of sprouts and maybe one more green smoothie later, depending on if I'm at home.

• Glad to see The Raw Dance again!!!!!

• FeeFee Raw Master

Sunrise - the raw pizza base can from Alissa Cohen's book (the easiest version) and I topped it with belended tomatoes, pepper, celery and sundried tomatoes and then some sliced olives. A very basic pizza. The raw apple pie was 1 cup of almonds (ground - I would have soaked them but didn't have time) and then added in 4 or 5 fresh dates until it was clumping. I pressed this into an 8 inch pie dish. I sliced 2 dessert apples with the food processor and laid them in the crust. I then blended 2 more apples, a hand ful of raisins and some cinammon to smoothness. I spread this out over the sliced apples. I also sprinkled lemon juice over the sliced apples. Hope this is of some use.

Today I offered my other half some more for lunch and he accepted, ate it, said "thats nice you can make that again". Yeah!!! I finished the last slice off at tea time.

Today I have eaten : Breakfast - 2 chopped apples,

Lunch - 2 slices of onion bread with saurkraut and no-bean hummous, raw apple pie

Dinner - caponata, a slice of onion bread and the rest of the apple pie

• Thanks Fee! I'll try that sometime.

Today I had 1 large green smoothie - left over from yesterday.

A large green salad at a restaurant

I might make a fruit smoothie later, or just munch on dried mango slices

• 2 frozen bananas, some raw granola, an apple, some strawberries, a papaya, and a huge salad..so far so yummy :) i really like this forum topic!..and an orange i picked off of a tree this morning!

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

I love this thread! It's so interesting to see different peoples raw meals through out the day. It proves that you can be raw and still live life!! :)

Breakfast: Handful of blueberries and 16 oz. green juice (kale, celery, apple, lemon)

Lunch: A HUGE salad from Whole Foods (dark leafy greens, onion, tomato, broccoli florets, bell pepper, peas, cucumber, artichoke hearts, & chopped walnuts with olive oil and balsmic vinegar as a dressing) and 16 oz. of beet, apple, orange, carrot juice.

Snack: 1 spirulina & cashew Raw Revolution bar

Extra Treat: a small cup of freshly squeezed lemonade. :D yummy

Dinner: Zucchini noodles tossed in pesto sauce with black olives and heirloom tomato.

Dessert: 7 prunes and 1 medjool date.

Throughout the day - LOTS of refreshing water!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Well after church I was invited to join a few new friends for lunch at a popular Asian rest. in the area. On the way I stopped by the store and picked up 3 corn on the cob, sea salt grinder, small jar nice olive oil and some tangelos for desert. We had a nice lunch and I never even got into my tangelos.

Later this afternoon I went to a BBQ at an old friends house. Burgers, Steaks, Hot Dogs, and all of it. I made a spinach salad with portabella, orange pepper, green onion, pumpkin seeds, and a nice sweet cream garlic/ginger dressing. We all had a great time and the sunshine was lovely.

It's almost bedtime and I'm still workin' at that salad...

• Wow - I hadn't really thought about all I ate today...

Breakfast - my usual shake - fresh almond milk, banana, gojis, cacao powder, nibs and butter, maca

Lunch - fresh almond milk, frozen strawberries, gojis and mango

Snack - glass of fresh carrot, apple, beet, celery juice

Dinner - repeat of breakfast shake (I'm on mostly liquids until some stress induced sores on my tongue heal - blah)

Dessert - small sliver of raw chocolate mousse pie and small piece of raw lemon coconut bar

I'm stuffed and done with sweet things! Well...for today...

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Got up, had tea, went to the farmers market and grazed on fruit samples, came home, finished off some leftover kale chips and dehydrated cherry tomatoes, had a handful of pretzels for lunch, then massacred a raw pizza for dinner - recipe is here - http://goneraw.com/recipe/pizza-crust-quick

It's so good. I'm exhausted from eating so well.

• I've been stressed out lately so my eating schedule has been up in the air, but hopefully I will settle down this week.

breakfast: carrot, apple, ginger juice

lunch: orange lime juice

couple hours later: 1 avocado, i/2 tomato, leftover salsa, romaine lettuce

couple hours later: dried bananas

dinnerish: 1 community prepared rice paper wrap with raw purple cabbage, carrots, and cauliflower

after dinner: 1 piece raw chocolate fudge, dates, banana milk

I don't like snacking or extending my eating, so hopefully this will end with a more stable schedule and range of emotions.

In addition to these (Green powder w/ water

Green smoothie (fresh apple, collard, kale juice/whole pear, banana/collard & kale leaves)

Green juice (Chard, cucumber, carrot, celery, parsley, romaine, green onion, plus tsp. of three-seaweed mix)

Green smoothie (fresh apple, kale, collard juice/water/whole papaya/6 dates/whole banana/kale & collard leaves))

I also added

6 more dates

20 oz. fresh orange juice

Mixed green salad (about 4 cups) with grapes and pears

Later had 6 cups of mixed sprouts

After about another hour, had a large spinach (about 6 cups) salad with tomatoes and cucumber

No added/concentrated fat.

I don't do traditional meals, so I won't label mine anymore. I eat when I get hungry or even if not hungry, right before I leave for work to sustain me until the next snack.

Greens/berry/mushroom/seawed powder w/ water

Green smoothie with pear

Green smoothie with orange

Green smoothie with papaya & strawberry

Planned - 3 cups of sprouts

Green juice w/ seaweed

Huge zucchini salad with chopped tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, red bell pepper, basil. No oil or fat added. Maybe some pink salt.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

today has been a weird food day. i had too much fat this weekend and need to clean out my digestive system.

i woke up at 12:06 pm today so breakfast was around 1 or so. i'm on spring break so i tend to sleep in hehe

breakfast- 3 bananas and 1 cup of spinach blended together with water

lunch (around 3:30)- 5 bananas and 3 cups of spinach blended with water

dinner- not sure yet. i'm all banana'd out right now so it'll probably be a big salad.

• This thread is really inspiring:

Green juice (Apple, Kale, Celery, Lemon)

Green Smoothie (Kale, Avocado, Apple, Sprouts, Seaweed)

Hot water with Lemon and Lavendar Honey

Quinoa and Grape salad from Raw Food Real World (so delicious, loads of herbs and lemon juice)

Dried Wild Figs and a Satsuma

Grawnola (Processed Nuts, Raisins, Coconut Oil, Cinnamon) with Nut Milk

Lemon Balm Tea.

• 2 coffees

Green Smoothie (parsley grapes, spinach)

raw crackers

some dulse

raw salad that I bought at Market Organics

apple

raw cookie (bought from Market Organics)

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

Breakfast: Green smoothie - kale, chlorella, blueberries, hemp seeds, dulse dates and banana.

mid-morning snack - big braeburn apple

lunch: green smoothie - handful of spinach, navel orange, some agave (I forgot my banana), ground flax seeds, chlorella and a tiny gala apple.

afternoon snacks: organic baby carrots and raw granola with organic raisins

dinner will be left over Ani Phyo's raw thai noodles that I hope haven't gone bad (made them Thursday) and some left over raw hummus from this weekend.

Since I'm nearing the end of my weekly supply a fresh foods I mostly eat whatever odd thing I can throw together. Can't wait to get up to my local Farmer's Market. I need to restock!! Woke up real early this morning (6 am) and It has just been go go go go go . . . I think you get the point. Hehe.

Breakfast: Superfood Smoothie (handful brazil nuts, 2 cups coconut water, 2 bananas, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 tsp. bee pollen, 1 tbs. maca powder, 2 tbs. raw honey, 2 heaping tbs. each of Nuvitas Naturals' Superfruit Antioxidant Blend and Sprouted Omega Blend)

Snack: 1 spirulina & cashew Raw Revolution bar.

Lunch: 2 raw sushi rolls (RICE: processing jicama, pine nuts, salt, rice vinegar, agave together and then dehydrated for 1-2 hours) (FILLING: avocado, cucumber, tomato, minced leek) dipped in Nama Shoyu.

Snack: 5 medjool dates & 7 prunes.

Snack: A banana.

Dinner: A scat 1/4 cup of left over raw hummus (made from sprouted garbanzo beans) and half a cucumber.

Dessert: 7 dried figs and a green juice (kale, celery, lemon, carrot).

rawaholic, what is your raw hummus recipe??

Here you go joannabana,

Raw Hummus Recipe:

2 cups soaked and sprouted garbanzo beans (a.k.a. chick peas)

1/4 tsp. cumin

1/4 tsp. hungarian paprika

heaping 1/2 tsp. salt

3 tbs. lemon juice

3 tbs. raw tahini

1 tbs. freshly minced parsley (dried works too)

2 cloves of garlic

water as needed

put it all into a blender and let 'er rip until smooth and enjoy! You can add a splash of color by sprinkling some more paprika on top.

rawaholic, thank you so much!!!!! i'm making sundried tomato flax crackers for easter and needed a good dipping sauce. this will be perfect!! i'm not telling anybody that it's raw until after they try it. it's funnier that way!!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I make the same thing except I use zucchini in place of the garbanzos. You might try it sometime. I peel and grate the zucchini and then squeeze out as much water as I can.

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

breakfast : juice (beet, celery, apples, spinach)

lunch : kohlrabi leaves, red pepper, buckwheat bread, tahini and olive oil

dinner : spinach, onions, broccoli sprouts, red pepper, kohlrabi, buckwheat bread, tahini and olive oil.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

Kimchi and miso soup - so far :)

it's 3:00 pm and i havent had anything. i got my wisdom teeth out this morning and can't eat anything. the dental surgeoun told me to get a milkshake but my mouth is still so numb that i can't suck things through a straw.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

11 bananas for breakfast

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

joannabanana~ Sending you lots of healing energy. May you have a quick recovery. If you are up for an adventure, try spooning a really smooth smoothie/soup into your mouth. Have lots of napkins handy (or a hose to spray yourself off afterward, *snicker*), you may need them. I'm not sure if having one's wisdom teeth out makes one wiser or the reverse.... however, one is wiser about having teeth pulled. teehee

EDIT: Another idea is to use a "sippy" cup and pour a smoothie/soup into your mouth... no sucking required. :)

greens/berries/seaweed/fungus powder w/ water

purple green smoothie with blackberry & pear

chia moon drops (based off of ulimana chia moon drops but made at home)

whole pineapple

5 oranges (juiced the parts of the pineapple and orange i didn't want to eat)

4 cups mixed sprouts

green juice with celery, kale, collard, carrot, cucumber, parsley, cilantro and three-seaweed blend

I did a lot of mono today:

greens/berries/seaweed/fungus powder w/ water

4 cups blueberries

2.5 cups strawberries

2 large bananas

3.5 cups papaya

2 medium pears

1.5 cups mango

3 medium oranges

4 large bananas (frozen & whipped) with cinnamon

I felt like I needed a break from greens for a day.

bluedolphin, thanks for your kind words!

i've been able to have smoothies today and i have a different outlook on food now. when i couldn't eat anything i just had water, but when i was able to get some smoothie down, it tasted soo amazing... like really amazing!!!

Today I have felt so amazing! I can't describe the abundance of energy and joy that just radiated from me!! Hehe . . . I love being raw.

Breakfast: 3 cups of smoothie (2 cups brazil nut milk, 3 bananas , 2 tbs. cacao powder, 1 tsp. vanilla, 3 tbs. agave nectar, 2 heaping tbs. Nuvitas Naturals' Sprouted Omega Blend)

Lunch/Snack: 1/2 of an avocado and 3 huge handfuls of macadamia nuts.

Snack: 1 agave & cashew Raw Revolution bar (I love this flavor because it has sprouted amaranth in it. In my opinion, this makes the bar taste kinda like cookie dough.)

Drink: 16 oz. juice (beet, orange, apple, carrot).

Dinner: Huge salad from Whole Foods (various dark greens, red & yellow bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, mushroom, onion, broccoli florets, walnuts, and artichoke hearts with EVO & balsmic vinegar for dressing.) and 16. oz of green juice (apple, carrot, celery, kale.)