Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• Joannabanana - Good wishes on a fast recovery! I had my wisdom teeth out last year, and survived on bananas mashed with orange juice for a week (this was pre-raw, so I didn't know about smoothies). Make sure to gargle your salt water! My holes got infected and it was a mess.

Today:

breakfast: green smoothie (orange, apple, chard)

snack: 1 banana

lunch: green smoothie (banana, pear, collards)

snack: 1 dried banana, a little pineapple (shared from a coworker) raisins

dinner: large salad (romaine lettuce, 1/2 tomato, peppers, 1 whole avocado)

dessert: apple pie (apple, walnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins)

I felt uncertain about eating dessert as I wasn't really hungry after my salad and didn't think I wanted nuts so late, but I had already promised my boyfriend I would make a dessert (he made dinner), so it all worked out. :)

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i'm so jealous of everyone's delicious meals!!!

parsley, a little dessert sometimes just makes you happy. i'm glad it turned out good. also, do you have any tips about what i can do to get rid of the swelling? i look like a squirrel smuggling nuts and just feel really queezy.

• Yesterday I had

Banana

Big salad with lots of leaves, olive oil, olives, toms, cuc, celery with some flax crackers.

Dinner was amazing I made a sunflower type bread and had that with avo, tom, cuc and dehydrated mushrooms with a garlic cashew mayo and the potato crisps from this site. It was totally wonderful

Then I had two raw choc's that I had made for Easter!

Slurp making me hungry.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Ok, so far today I've had:

Green smoothie: Spinich, pear, kiwi, frozen blueberries & banana

Apple

Big Salad: Mixed leaves, cuc, tom, corn & sun dried tom pate (My pate was sooooo tasty!)

Banana

Small handful of cheesy kale chips

My BF is doing dinner tonight so will be something pretty random I imagine!

• Before Breakfast snack:

1/2 banana

Green Smoothie: (Yummy!!)

1 fresh mango

1/2 banana

2 c. spinach

Snack:

tangerine

I prepared a large green salad for lunch, but I am not hungry. It may end up being dinner.

• FeeFee Raw Master

Breakfast: Two chopped apples with buckwheaties

Lunch: Ani Phyos sunflower and black sesame bread topped with a banana mixed with cacao powder and nut butter, plum

Dinner: 'Real Enchiladas and rice' snickers bar.

We went out for dinner but the enchiladas werent a patch on the raw ones I made for tea last night - serves me right!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

My usual greens/berry/fungus/seaweed powder with water.

4 medium pears

2 large green smoothies with kale, collards, banana, and apple

Chia moon drops (like the Ulimana product but made at home)

Green juice

Spinach salad

Spring mix salad

Microgreen salad (Russian kale, collards, red cabbage, purple kohlrabi, purple radish, and beet greens)

Cucumber

Jalapeno

For the salads, a mustard-chive-date dressing (no fat added to that)

If I get hungry later, I'll have a Sun Warrior rice protein shake or some sprouts.

Yesterday, I added three more bananas after going to a concert.

• coffee

3 bananas

2 apples

flax crackers

some dulse

brocoli, cauliflower, watermelon, pineapple (small plate from a lunch buffet)

strawberry/spinach smoothie

just about to dig into Ani Phyo's wilted spinach salad with marinated onions in mustard seed dressing

white wine

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

We've eaten well the last few days, I just can't remember much besides dinners. Monday was sweet potato spring rolls (recipe here, http://goneraw.com/recipe/sweet-potato-crepe-wrappers), Tuesday we had zucchini pasta with sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce, Wednesday pad thai with kelp noodles (kosher for Passover!), last night homemade flax crackers, guacamole, zucchini hummus and assorted veggie "toppings," today we had a large lunch at a raw restaurant and snacked on more hummus for dinner.

Greens powder w/ water

2 large green smoothies with kale, collards, apple, and banana

chocolate-banana brazil-nut milk smoothie

zucchini noodles w/ marinara

collard wrap with veggies and raw hummus

kelp noodles with greens and green-almond sauce, spinach

green juice

Lots of food today! Probably too much, as it's 2 a.m. and I'm hyper and not tired at all. :p

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

YESTERDAY - 3/10/09

breakfast: a bowl of raw granola (oats, pecan, coconut. ect...) with a chopped up banana and 3 dollops of coconut vanilla creme. Also, 16 oz. green juice (kale, beet tops, spinach, parsley, apple, celery, lemon, ginger)

snack: handful of macadamia nuts

snack/lunch: 1 agave & cashew Raw Revolution bar

snack: a banana and 2 medjool dates

dinner: 3 cups of a smoothie (coconut water, banana, mango, bee pollen, maca, flaxseed, raw honey)

• Pear, Apple, mango, blueberries, hemp milk, kiwi, sprouted wheat, Raw Revolution bar...thats all so far. Plannin on raw gRAWnola! and a large salad of fresh veggie straight from a local organic farm. Is anyone else involved with CSA? Community Supported Agriculture?? Its a great idea if it is available to you!

I used to use a CSA about 4 years ago, didn't quite like it, since I like to eat what I feel like on whatever particular day and they didn't have a great variety, except zucchini, zucchini, zucchini, basil, basil. I guess if I ate those two raw together at the time, I might have been happy!

How are things going with raw eating, Sunrise?

Today I had:

Greens/berries/fungus/seaweed powder with green tea

Green smoothie with apple, banana, collard, kale

Cucumber-celery-tomato juice

1 c. pineapple, 1/2 c. strawberries, 1 c. grapes

3 mangoes

Green smoothie with apple, mango, banana, collard, kale

10 cups of mixed sprouts (they are so good.....plus I haven't had a large movement yet today; something is blocking me up; thought they'd help. :( not yet!)

1 banana (plain, not in smoothie)

And for when my banana digests, for later when I watch 24 with my boyfriend, I have made a cilantro, kale, collard, romaine, celery, cucumber, and carrot juice with three-seaweed mixture.

If hungry after that, I will have a raw rice protein shake or a apple and pear.

What a dreary day. It rained, and rained, and rained some more. Being inside made me antsy and hungry. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will be sunny. If not I'm going to have to go to the gym so I can swim laps or something because I can't stand being cooped up! On the bright side yesterday I was able to obtain FOUR lovely champagne mangos, and today my superfood order came in!! I got some lucuma powder, cacao powder, cacao nibs, cacao beans (sample, can't wait to try them), and Artisana Coconut Butter. :D

Anyway, moving on, today I had . . .

Pre-Breakfast: 24 oz. green juice (pear, apple, celery, and parsley)

Breakfast: 2 slices of raw banana cream pie and 3/4 cup of a superfood smoothie (mango, banana, coconut water, bee pollen, maca, raw honey, flaxseed.)

Snack: Raw Revolution bar (spirulina)

Lunch: Some sprouted wild rice with some vegetables I marinated in Nama Shoyu overnight and another slice of raw banana cream pie.

Juice: 20 oz. Green Juice (kale, carrot, pear, lemon, ginger)

Dinner: Large Salad (romaine, boston lettuce, spinach, beet tops, tomato, cucumber, peas, leek, avocado, macadamia nuts, hemp seed, nutritional yeast, flaxseed oil, and lemon juice).

Dessert: 1 big slice of banana cream pie

By the end of today my mom and I have polished off the entire banana cream pie! Hehe. This recipe I made up myself and I will assuredly be using this pie recipe on my none raw friends. I can't wait to see their faces when they try it and I tell them it's raw. Hehe . . . :D

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Rawaholic, I'd love to know the recipe for your Banana cream pie? Sounds lovely.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

So far today i have just had a bunch of carrot apple juice :)

• F'logs are always fun.

Brekkie:

Green Smoothie

Coconut water, aloe vera, banana, apple, strawberries, celery, spinach, parsley, xylitol, Alive protein powder.

Lunch:

Salad

Arugula, spinach, romaine, red pepper, avocado, celery, pinenuts, salsa, lemon juice, chia seeds.

Dinner:

Probably a green smoothie consisting of bananas, celery, kale, raw honey, carob powder.

• I've noticed that since becoming more raw I don't keep to an eating schedule. I just eat when I'm hungry. So, this is my day so far...

Smoothie; strawberries, pineapple, banana, lemon wedge and spinach.

Caramel apples. (I posted the recipe. More experimenting!)

Mushroom caps stuffed with some pate I made up. I've been experimenting ALOT! and I can't remember all the stuff in it, but it had radishes, garlic, cashews, olive oil, green onions, and a splash of soy sauce.

Hummus and some dehydrated seed crackers.

A big salad with romaine, spinach, strawberries, carrots, red pepper, sunflower seeds and homeade balsamic vinaigrette.

A little of the spinach dip posted on the site. I had to share and it didn't last long! :)

Greens/berries/fungus/seaweed powder with water

Green smoothies with bananas, pears, apples, collards, kale

Mango (mono eating it, about 6 whole ones)

Banana whip with cinnamon (about 3 bananas)

Spring mix salad with tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, sprouts, and grapes (no dressing)

Banana whip with cinnamon (about 3 bananas)

6 dates

Romaine salad with cilantro, garlic, cucumber (no dressing)

sv3,

I'm hoping to post my Banana Cream Pie recipe by the end of this month. I just don't want to post it until I can get the picture uploaded. My camera has not been working right this week but hopefully I can fix it.

Today I started out drowsy (probably because of the rain). After school though the sun came out and I took my dog for a walk. By the time I got back to the house it was so weird but I had just a HUGE amount of energy to burn! I cleaned my room, my bathroom, did all my laundry, and spent three and a half hours preparing some raw meals in advance for the next couple of days, washing veggies and fruits, starting some sprouts and wheatgrass, and making dinner for my vegetarian brother. All in all a fantastic day!! :)

Pre-Breakfast: 1 quart of water with lemon wedge (drank over the course of an hour).

20 oz. Green Juice (apple, pear, celery, parsley)

Breakfast: 3 cups Green Smoothie (kale, blackberries, banana, bee pollen, flaxseed, coconut water.

Lunch: Mung Bean Salad (mung beans, shredded carrots, diced heirloom tomato, and a cashew cheese dressing)

Snack: A couple tablespoons of coconut butter on a chopped champagne mango, and a raw cacao bean.

Dinner: 1. 25 cups of smoothie (almond mylk, coconut meat, banana, stevia, vanilla extract, and Nuvitas Naturals' Superfruit Antioxidant Blend and Sprouted Omega Blend)

1 bar of my slightly tweeked version of Shazzie's "Go Go Go Chew" (I just got my superfood in and HAD to make it this afternoon. SO HAPPY!!)

Later Guys!

• Hey Joannabanana! How's your mouth feeling? I didn't experience much swelling until I got infected, but what I did was walk around for a day with a clove of garlic shoved down the infected hole. The swelling went down within 4 hours, as did the pain! I bet I was a pain for everyone else though! My boyfriend still managed to kiss me, somehow.

Today:

Breakfast: 3 oranges and spinach smoothis

Lunch: 1 grapefruit and a plantain, apple, collard smoothie

Snack: 1 plantain, 1/2 apple, 2 collard leaf smoothie

Dinner: Some cauliflower in "refried beans" from this site, 1/2 bell pepper. Wasn't really hungry

Post dinner: banana milk, strawberries, dried mango

How do people feel about eating after dinner or later at night?

I eat whenever I want, but if it's later in the day (like after 8 p), I try to keep the sweet fruit to a minimum.

parsley, that garlic trick is an amazing idea!! i have no infections (yet) and my stitches have fallen out. i managed to split open my stitches from trying to eat an avocado roll so now i have a lovely slit in my mouth haha my cheeks are still kind of big and everyone says i look like a chipmunk- lovely, i know.

my main problem is getting off the drugs the dentist had me on. ever heard of ativan??? i was on it all last week and this week i feel miserable. i haven't slept more than 2 hours a night. my therapist said it's because the ativan takes a week for it to be fully out of my system. i can't wait til that day comes!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

today:

3 bananas/strawberries/cacao/e3live smoothie

arugula salad with avo/pine nuts/tomatoes

TerrAmazon cacao nibs and coconut snack (got these bags on sale for 3 bucks each at WF! Usually 7 each)

Later, some fresh orange juice for a snack, and dinner?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Breakfast: Green smoothie

Snack: Dried fruit & seed bar

Lunch: Falafel Salad (Falafel wasn't raw as ate out)

Dinner: Raw spinach lasagna with salad (the Lasagna was amazing - check out the recipe at http://imsorawkin.blogspot.com/2009/04/seriously-best-spinach-lasagna.html)

Craving something sweet now so may have to have a date or three!

9:00 am breakfast- 1 banana + 2 oranges blended together with water- delicious!!

11:15 mid-morning snack- 3 bananas

12:30 lunch- 1 1/2 lb red seedless grapes

i'll probably have a huge spinach salad when i get home from school around 3:30 or 4. does anyone else really like spinach?? i sometimes just have a big bowl of plain spinach with nothing on it. it has such a salty taste. i'll probably throw some olives and sundried tomatoes on it. i'm in the mood for a mediterranean meal.

I get 16 0z. containers of spinach and sit there like some people eat popcorn and eat the whole thing!

Spinach all by itself is simply delightful. Lots of people enjoy fruit mono meals, so why shouldn't some people find veggie mono meals just as scrumptious?

I swam laps today and walked/jogged a couple miles as well as spending a couple hours in the kitchen making my family some vegan (but not raw cookies), because they begged me to. Hehe . . . :)

Pre-Breakfast: Quart of water w/ pinch of sea salt.

Breakfast/Workout Recovery Meal: 3.5 cups green smoothie (2 kale leaves, hemp seed, flaxseed, 6 dates, cinnamon, 2 bananas).

Snack: 1 Go Go Go Chew Bar.

Lunch: A huge bowl of zucchini pasta tossed with tomato bruschetta (yum! yum!).

Snack: 18 oz juice (beet, carrot, apple, orange, grape).

Dinner: 2.5 cups (banana, brazil nut mylk, vanilla, stevia, Nuvitas Naturals' Superfruit Antioxidant Blend, and Nuvitas Naturals' Omega Blend) and another Go Go Go Chew Bar.

• Breakfast:

2 bananas, 2 mangoes

Lunch:

Acai banana berry smoothie (and half of my friend's coconut/mango/banana smoothie!)

2 raw cocoa/mint bars

Snack:

1 clementine

Dinner:

Kelp noodles with a sauce made of tomato, mango, green onion, cilantro, and lemon. Mixed with salad greens, portabella mushroom, bell pepper, baby yellow tomatoes, and broccoli. Mmmm!

Dessert:

7 little champagne mangoes.... wow I ate 11 today!

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

Yesterday:

3 raspberry and banana hempmilk shakes, breakfast and then mid morning and mid afternoon snacks.

Salad of sprouts, sweetcorn, peppers, spring onions, cucumber, courgette with olive oil and lemon dressing.

Flax seed crackers

1 pear

sunflower and pumpkin seeds

raisins

Orange, ginger and spinach smoothie

Pate made with avo, fresh rosemary, watercress, red onion, olive oil and lemon

Flax crackers

1 large medjool date