Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Food Processor Suggestions

I received a new food processor for Christmas and it’s a Hamilton Beach. So far, I’m not impressed with it. The plastic has cracked off the top and there are areas that are not cleanable without taking the thing apart with a screwdriver. It leaks badly with any sort of liquid and spatters the cupboards, cookbooks, and whatever else is laying nearby. It also vibrates and moves horribly (like a washing machine with a load of sheets that are all wadded together) when I’m chopping things like dates. Yeah, I don’t like this food processor a bit. I had a nice one that my mother had about 20 years but the motor burnt out. They don’t make that one anymore.

So, I’m looking for a new one. Do any of you have a food processor that is really great, that you’d never part with? I don’t mind spending a good amount of money if I’m going to get quality and it will last a lifetime. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• I’ve got a kitchenaid 12 cup processor. I was lucky to get it for a wedding present. I really like it. It comes with different blades and discs to shred or slice or puree. It’s fairly easy to clean and you can get lots of accessories for it too. I’m pretty happy with it.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

I think that Kitchenaids and Cuisinarts are the gold standard in food processors. I have a Cuisinart mini that I’m very happy with, and I’ve used the large Kitchenaids and Cuisinarts extensively. They are great.

I don’t currently have a large model, but this is the one I lust after:

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KFPM770-Proces…=dp_return_1/102-5002247-2253727?ie=UTF8&n=1055398&s=kitchen&qid=1185157673&sr=1-5

• I actually have a Hamilton Beach also. But mine has suction cups on the bottom so it doesn’t move around. It is the 10 cup model. I haven’t had any problems with mine.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I 2nd the kitchenaid. I don’t know what size I have but it’s great and gets the job done! I love my kitchenaid food processor… the blender on the other hand… don’t waste your $ on that one!

• I agree, the kitchenaid blender stinks! But the food processor is great.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

We have a kitchenaid food processor (white, about 14 years old and works and looks like brand new!) 12 cup with the smaller bowl also (which I LOVE!!!). We use the shredding and slicing blade as much as the blending/pureeing blade. It also has the “finer” shredding blade which is my favorite so the shreds are super fine (that is perfect especially with hard veggies like carrots, they are much easier to eat because they are more flexible compare to matchstick-type shredded carrots as seen in the grocery store salad bars which are made with the larger shredding disc). It is super quiet compared to mini-food processors and have had no problems with it, in fact just bought one for my Brother to get him into making shredded salads for lunch :)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I have the 11-cup Cuisinart. It is the only kitchen appliance I would not want to part with. I like it very much! I haven’t used a KitchenAid, but it sounds like that is a good one too…. costs slightly more.

• Thanks for your suggestions. The Kitchenaid sounds like a really good choice.

(my Hamilton Beach also has suction cups which keep it stuck down but the whole thing vibrates like it’s possessed ;-) I’m donating it to our local free cycle.