Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

So far:

Some bee pollen (unmeasured, just in the cup of my palm..roughly a tablespoon maybe 1 1/2)

And an overflowing quart of a mango green smoothie. Spinach mostly, with other mixed greens. :)

I am happy! :)

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Greens/berries/fungus/seaweed powder with water

Apple, banana, kale green smoothie (very large, about 3 16-oz containers worth)

Apple, carrot, kale, jalapeno, celery juice

2 Bananas

1 c. strawberries

1 c. grapes

1 c. pineapple

2 c. mango

6 dates

4 cucumbers, noodled and with tomato & sun-dried tomato basil sauce (no fat added), with spinach and extra basil.

That's all for now that is planned.

• Breakfast: 2 frozen bananas and a lara bar, spoon full of hemp seeds

Coconut water

Lunch: salad with an apple

carrots with peanut butter

Dinner: huge salad with beet and kolrabi and braggs

2 asian pears

• My first day back on (mostly) raw food. I'm 6 months pregnant.

breakfast: a big mango-parsley smoothie (heavy on the parsley)

lunch: 2 fuji apples and 1/2 cup cashews (not the insanely expensive "really raw" ones, but the regular bulk bin "raw but probably steamed" ones)

snack: dried apricots

I just made curried split pea soup for my husband and 3-year-old son for dinner. I'm wondering if I'll have some of that or not. My other options are a smoothie of bok choy and frozen blueberries or possibly a quick apple pie (but I haven't soaked any almonds, so I'd have to grind them from dry). I kind of feel like I need something non-sweet, so I don't know what I'll do. I'm trying to think of something else to do with the bok choy, but I'm not really a bok choy fan. I need to go shopping.

• Banana rolled in hemp seeds wrapped in Romaine.

Big mixed baby greens salad, cukes, tomatoes, balsamic vineger, EVOO

Coconut milk mango ice cream, raw granola on top.

Big leafy greens salad w/Chia seed dressing

Broccoli Salad (from this site-YUM)

Tangerine.

• Breakfast: orange, mint, kale, apple smoothie

Lunch: sprouted buckwheat and banana milk (banana, dates, cinnamon, vanilla), handful soaked almonds

snack: 1 peach

dinner: two collard leaves with spinach dip from this site, red bell pepper, celery

dessert: carob hostess-style cupcake left over from yesterday

For the dip we didn't have any cashews so we used soaked and sprouted almonds, also green onions in place of the red onion, and we used some rejuvalac in place of water. The dip was really fantastic! White and creamy like nothing I have had since I became vegan! I pulled the red pepper, cucumber, celery and two lemons from the dumpster today...I still can't believe markets throw such things away!

I think I will post my cupcake recipe soon...it was sooo good. I love having my own house, being raw is so easy.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

meal # 1

smoothie of one banana, one half large orange, four strawberries, several leaves of romaine, a handful of parsley, and nutmylk. (and ice.)

large (1.5qt) salad of red and green leaf lettuce, red butter lettuce, radicchio, parsley, julienne golden beet, tomato, and sunflower seeds.

smoothie of one banana, one small blood orange, four strawberries, and nutmylk. (and ice.) No greens this time, except the strawberry tops. This was so tasty, that I followed it with another one just like it!!

smoothie of cup or so frozen pineapple, two tsp coconut cream (Tropical Traditions), 1/2 banana, and water. (and ice.)

It's so hot here today, that I was on a major smoothie kick!!

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Pre-Breakfast: Quart of water w/pinch of celtic sea salt and a lemon wedge.

Breakfast: 3 cups green smoothie (kale, romaine, mango, banana, coconut water, ground flaxseed)

Snack: 1 "Go Go Go Chew" bar

Lunch: Salad (Mung bean sprouts, shredded carrot, chopped walnut, salt, EVO, vinegar)

Snack/Juice: 16 oz. juice (beet, grape, apple, orange, carrot)

Dinner: 3 cups smoothie (almond mylk, banana, strawberry, Nuvitas Naturals' Superfruit Antioxidant Blend and Sprouted Omega Blend).

I like how you talk about your food decisions, Viridtas. I wish I could help ya with the groceries. Congrats on the little one.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

i started off juicing today, but ended up eating because i went for a 3 mile run in the heat... started with Grapefruit and Orange juice (fresh), then i had a mango for lunch, 1 zucchini chopped up with sun dried tomatoes, onion and basil for dinner. Yum. Oh, and I had an apple.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

smoothie of banana, raspberries, blackberries, nutmylk, romaine, and red butter leaf lettuce.

large salad of red and green leaf lettuce, tomato, sesame seeds, and a creamy zucchini based dressing.

two bananas

smoothie (?) of dozen or so strawberries, whole lime pealed, small amount of orange muscat wine, and *lots* of ice. This was more like a Slurpee texture. Pretty good too!

most of a 1.5 oz bag of bbq chips from 7-11

• FeeFee Raw Master

Breakfast: Orange, Grapefruit and some green stuff from the market smoothie

Snack: Apple and pear

Lunch: Ani Phyo's sun burger and small basic salad

Snack: Dried Fig and half a slice of onion bread

Tea: Large salad, one and a half slices of onion bread with Ani Phyo's Baja cheese

Pudding: Sliced banana, chopped dried fig and buckwheaties covered in cacao, tahini and agave syrup.

I do love this thread and seeing what other people enjoy. (But I shouldn't try and eat pudding at the same time - I just spilt it down my top!)

• Breakfast : Juice: 2 Carrots, 2 Granny Smith Apples, and One head Romaine then blended with a 1 banana

Snack: Celery sticks, Pear, some raw pecans (found them at the fresh market, so excited), banana

Lunch: Fruit Salad: red grapes/ honey dew/ watermelon/ kiwi/ strawberries sprinked with raw seasame seeds

Some cherries, a hand ful of strawberries..

Thinking salad tonight for dinner... but not sure yet.

Have a great day!!

• Like Fee, I love this thread too. It has some great ideas for meals that real people actually eat, especially really simple ones. I think it's cool how some people are so honest admitting the SAD things as well as the RAW things they've consumed. It makes me feel better about my own slip ups.

So far today I've had a green smoothie with spinach, parsley, celery, mango, banana, flax and rhubarb. After my weekly fast (yesterday) I'm trying not to eat too much as I tend to overeat on Tuesdays. The chick peas that I've just sprouted are calling my name though.

• When you do your weekly fast, are you fasting period, or just juicing? I was curious whether anyone has done a straight Juice "feast" as they call it, and what there exp. was with it. However, I am curious how you feel regarding your weekly fast as well.

Thanks!

• Today started off bumpy. Woke up late, not time to mix anything up.... Breakfast i ate a pear, a handful of raw pecans halves and a banana. (whatever i could grab on my way out the door) of course i had a cup of coffee... still working on that one!

Snack i had a cup of cut peppers, (red/orange/yellow/green) and a cup of celery.

Lunch i had a cup of tropical fruit salad and two plums.

Snack i had a couple of strips of peppers (i had more in the work fridge)

Can not wait to get home and juice myself an apple/carrot drink, or better yet, mix in 2 cups of spinach, and have a great big salad with tomatoes cucumber romaine peppers onions cut up apples and raw seasame seeds sprinkled on top :-) and some fresh cherries. (mm i love cherries)

• Smoothie: 3 C kale, 3 apples,

Man I love this thread! I hope it never ends. :D I swim laps at my local pool about 3-4 times a week really early in the morning (6 A.M.ish) and I find that on these days I have a never ending appetite. Today I craved a lot of greens and bananas. SInce I didn't really have a lot of "traditionally" timed meals I'm just numbering.

#1: Quart of water w/pinch of celtic sea salt and a lemon wedge.

#2: 4 cups green smoothie (a mango, 2 bananas, LOADS of spinach, flaxseed, bee pollen, coconut butter, agave, water) {this took me about an hour to drink}

#3: 2 "Go Go Go Chew" bars

#4: A nice big salad (baby greens, red boston lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, leek, red bell pepper, shredded carrot, a whole avocado with some salt and lemon juice as a dressing)

#5: A 16 oz. juice (carrot, apple, celery, ginger)

#6: 2 1/2 bananas and a little less than 1/2 cup of pecans (I was on my way home from Farmer's Market and was starving, but I had nothing to eat. So I just grabbed what some stuff that I had bought that didn't need any washing. Eating bananas and pecans together was on the go banana cream pie! Give it a try some time.

#7: 3 cups smoothie (bananas, brazil nut mylk, agave, cocoa nibs, cinnamon, and Nuvitas Naturals' Sprouted Omega Blend).

That's it! Hehe. . . Later everybody! :D

• Lobo, I fast once a week. According to Paul Bragg (The Miracle of Fasting) it is an amazing way to attain glorious health. Eventually, I will try fasting 5 to 7 days four times a year. My last fast was dry and I felt absolutely great the next day.

4 Champagne mangoes

1 pint blueberries

6 bananas

Salad w/ plum tomatoes, collard greens, spinach, parsley, cilantro, basil, red leaf lettuce, zucchini, garlic, lemon juice, pink salt (very large salad, enough for two meals, grazed on it)

Dark green juice with collard leaves and stems, celery, parsley, and plum tomato inerds.

If I get hungry later besides the salad I already have, it will be a sprouted rice protein shake with banana or maybe more mangoes.

• FeeFee Raw Master

I have had an orange and greens green smoothie, 5 maltesers (I was driving a transit van at the time and my normal car is a ford Ka!), a large salad with a chilli tahini dressing, 2 chocolate buckwheat crispy cakes, mango and melon smoothie, kale salad, banana with chocolate sauce and hot chocolate made with nut milk and raw cacao.

Ive ordered some raw carob as Im eating too much cacao at the moment and need to cut down.

Since august of last year I've struggling with my weight (trouble gaining weight) and my health (IBS mostly). I've been gradually transitioning to raw and and since the beginning of the second week of April 2008 I have been 100% raw. Since this time I've been having headaches and I think liver is detoxing. Today, almost a month since being raw I woke up with my head feeling really REALLy clear, it was like . . . WOW! I'm still having some digestion issues but it wasn't as bad today. I'm hoping that this is a good sign that my body is well on it's way to recovery.

Anyways, I'm sure I've already posted this but, I LOVE this thread! Ok . . . what I ate today:

#1: 27 ounces of lemon/salt water

#2: 27 ounces of green juice (apple, pear, celery, and LOTS of parsley!)

#3: 1 quart jar of a smoothie (almond mylk, stevia, vanilla, banana, cacao powder, and Nuvitas Naturals' Sprouted Omega Blend).

#4: 21 ounces of juice (carrot, apple, ginger)

#5: Medium Salad (boston and romaine lettuce, spinach, radishes, bell pepper, onion, leek , avocado, hemp seed, lemon juice, salt, black pepper)

#6: a couple of spirulina RAW Revolution bars

#7: 3 cups green smoothie (spinach, banana, blueberries, cherries, bee pollen, raw honey)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

#1 smoothie: banana, dark cherries, black raspberries, carob, kale, and nutmylk (walnut, brazil nut, coconut cream, and raw buckwheat honey)

#2 large (1.5 qt serving bowl size) salad: butterhead lettuce, green leaf lettuce, spinach, carrot, sunflower seeds, sundried tomato, capers, and lemon juice.

#3 raw blackberry cobbler: blackberries, raw Hawaiian honey, dates, and almonds

#4 half an Ezekiel sprouted grain english muffin topped with natural peanut butter, drizzle of maple syrup, and banana slices.

• Pixx that smoothie sounds divine.

Shared a green smoothie with my Mum; spinach, mango, banana, avocado, coconut oil, topped with passion fruit.

4 herb flax crackers with seaweed tartare and cherry tomatoes.

Was really hungry when out so grabbed an Innocent Smoothie (they are pasteurised unfortunately) but it was really yummy; blueberry, pineapple and ginger. Might try and recreate this one.

Chopped coconut.

A mashed banana with vanilla and shelled hemp seeds.

After my nap I had a square of dark chocolate with flaxseed as a little pick me up.

Big bowl of sweet potato noodles with a little mustard and olive oil, pink salt and chopped herbs.

Raspberries, blueberries and grapes dusted with cocoa powder and a squirt of agave.

• macadamia/cacao bar

flax crackers with sunflower hummus

watermelon and honeydew chunks

er, some go raw raw chocolate I got at Whole Foods Yesterday.

For dinner -- huge salad and a green drink I haven't gotten to today.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

violet: "Pixx that smoothie sounds divine."

It was indeed quiet yummy!

Today:

# Mulberries and buckwheaties with some leftover nutmylk from yesterday (that nutmylk was a really good blend!)

#2 1.5 qt "serving" bowl salad of mixed baby greens, sunflower seeds, capers, with a dressing of blended pecans, coconut water vinegar, and garlic mustard

I am about to go fix up a strawberry cobbler with leftover topping crumbles from yesterday; & will probably have a smoothie later on, since I haven't had one yet today.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Looking at what other people eat, I worry that I don't variate my food enough. I tend to eat the same type of smoothie/salad each day. Do you think this is really bad? This is what I had today and is pretty typical of what I have most days:

Smoothie: Kiwi, banana, spinich, frozen blueberries, orange juice

Snack: Apple

Salad: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese with spring onions, black olives, lemon/olive oil dressing

Snack: Pineapple & Banana

Soup: (Non raw) Tomato & lentil

Snack: (Non raw) Wheat free onion & herb crackers with salsa

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

breakfast: 1 cantaloupe

snack: 1 banana with grapes and half an orange

lunch: avocado salad roll with 1/4 lb spinach, red pepper, and tomato

snack: 1 banana with grapes and half an orange

dinner: cooked mushrooms with a brown sauce over 1/4 lb spinach

dessert: 2 bananas with 1 apple, some grapes, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup

sv3, i tend to eat the same thing a lot, too. mostly with greens. spinach is the one green i like, but at least i like one!

• FeeFee Raw Master

Today I have had an orange and spinach smoothie, a dried fig, caponata, coconut flax pancake from Ani Phyo (not its real name but scrummy), a cacao and hemp shake, a HUGE kale salad and a thin sliver of frozen chocolate banana pie from The Raw Gourmet - it was even better frozen than fresh and it was delicious fresh.

• Not 100% but..

Cacao and Kale smoothie with Apple, Banana, Raisins and Goji Berries.

Two Apples, one Plum and some Dark Chocolate.

Beetroot Tartare with Spinach and half an Avocado.

Goats Yoghurt with Wildflower Honey, chopped Papaya and Fig and Chai Tea with Honey.

A handful of raisins and square of Dark Chocolate.

Rocket salad with grated Beetroot, Tomato, Avocado, Basil, Pistachios, Kalamata Olives, Sprouts, Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.

I have eaten too much actually but I'm in a munchy mood today so I might have some mango later and a glass of wine with my Dad.