Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

breakfast: 1 avocado roll on a bed of spinach, red peppers, and broccoli

lunch: 3 bananas, 8 medjool dates, 3 strawberries, and 1 cup grapes

i decided to have my dinner as my breakfast today. it worked out well, i suppose. don't know what's for dinner yet.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

joannabanana~ What is an "avocado roll"?

ps. Ya'll seriously don't wanna know what I ate for dinner today! Breakfast was a smoothie of banana, mango, coconut, greenleaf lettuce, & barley greens juice. Late night snack was 4 huge strawberries and three small bananas.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Is it easy for you to get raw olives, Lulush? I got a jar of raw ones at Live Live in NYC, black ones, but I barely use them. Actually, I never liked canned/jarred/unraw olives, but I can handle a LITTLE raw ones mixed with something else. I don't eat them daily or even weekly. I hope they don't go bad! Maybe I'll make food for someone else with them.

Mmm, I love eating.

Whole papaya

3 bananas

4 c. blueberries

3 c. strawberries

whole cantelope

6 c. grapes

3 zucchini, noodled (:))

Fresh & sun-dried tomato sauce with lemon juice, basil, dates, a bit of pink salt

Green juice with cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, parsley

About 15 dates

Oh, yeah, I did make a salad with spinach and parsley but one of the two didn't taste right, so I didn't eat much of it but had 7 large lettuce leaves instead

Let's see if I'm done for the day or not. That sauce is so good, and I can't believe how much I love raw zucchini. I tried it years ago and didn't like it raw but now want it almost daily! I enjoy the crunch.

Also had 1 tsp. seaweed mixture in my green juice.

• Hi- my husband and I dove into the raw end of the pool 15 days ago. We are doing 90-95% raw, and so far, so good.

Today, we juiced watermelon, romaine lettuce and apple, lemon for Breakfast.

Lunch: emerald kale salad - shredded two heads of kale, marinated with braggs, sesame oil, garlic, olive oil, sesame seeds and flax seeds. YUMMY.

Snack: Peach Crumble (found the recipe on here) Peaches came off our peach tree.

Snack: Tomato basil and spinach raw soup.

Dinner: Portabello Mushroom Fajitas, sauteed red/yellow peps and onion and mushrooms in pear balsamic vinegar and olive oil, wrapped in sprouted grain tortilla with avocado.

Also had leftover Emerald Kale salad.

now we're having a beer. :)

I had a food fest yesterday!

:) Once again. I guess every day is a party in my mouth.

7 bananas, whipped with 1.5 c. each raspberries and blueberries

2 c. honeydew melon

1/2 c. kiwi

1/2 c. strawberries

1/2 c. mango

1/2 c. grapes

2 c. pineapple

4 bananas, whipped with blueberries

green juice with cilantro, kale, cucumber, celery, seaweed

1 pear (yeah, I know, seems like a diet compared to the rest)

12 c. spinach with grapefruit salad (they put ground black pepper on it, nothing else)

2 c. blackberries

1/2 c. bluerberries

1 c. mango

1/2 c. raspberries

1.33 c. dried strawberries (with pineapple juice - I regretted this one, my body doesn't like dehydrated foods anymore)

• So far...

Kale Apple Smoothie - coconut water, aloe vera, apples, kale, a date, Vitamineral Greens, Maca

Huge bowl of romain, mixed baby greens, mixed weeds, avocado, organic mustard, olive oil,

2 Kelly's super Flax Crax crackers

1 date filled with coconut butter cinnamon and an almond.

One tiny Fabe's agave sweetened coconut chip cookie (not raw)

Cherries

• Breakfast- blueberry smoothie (blueberries, banana, flaxseeds, hemp oil, water, orange jucie)

Lunch- Salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, shredded beet, yellow pepper, apple, green onion, and My New Favorite Blueberry Vinaigrette)

During work out snack- small smoothie ( blueberries, shredded beets, water, dates, flaxseeds, hemp oil, dulse, almonds) and a handful of almonds

Dinner!- Giant salad ( fresh spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, beets, green onion, radishes, sunflower seeds, walnuts, black beans with Cayanne Dill Tahini Dressing) and the other half of the small smoothie

FULL!

lulushka8- I have those days where the fridge tells me what to eat too...

At least you did well on the fruit, Lulush!! That's what your body needs. :)

I don't have the hours eaten, but here it is so far:

5 bananas

5 bananas

5 bananas

carrot-apple-celery juice

5 bananas, 2 c. strawberries, 2 c. mangoes

I will have a green juice later with collards, cucumber, romaine, celery, cilantro, basil, spinach. And I'm going out to eat tonight, too, so probably about 20 c. or so of spinach and some tomato and cucumber. That's it. Wonderfully simple. :) I did get a sugar rush from the carrot-apple-celery juice; I told them mostly celery, but the woman didn't listen.

I know what you mean on the fats! I've cut my overts down to one day per week (if that and only if I want it). Seems better for my digestion to make it all in one day and focus on wonderful fruits the rest of the time.

I only like raw olives (not too many though and maybe twice per year I eat them - haha), too. Never, ever liked cooked/non-raw ones.

Well, I called myself 99% for a while, maybe a year or so, because I would use nutritional yeast sometimes regularly for a salad dressing (I still might use nutritional yeast maybe every few months if I make food for someone else). But I'd say 4-5 months ago I cut out regular use of nutritional yeast and Bragg's and things like that. I will use mustard occasionally if I actually do want a salad dressing, the rest being fresh ingredients (but I don't really like salad dressing anymore this past month or so).

So I think I'd just say I'm 99.5-100% depending on the day, just so no one thinks I am trying to trick anyone, because I definitely do use non-raw ingredients here and there. :)

• Today I had:

1 cantaloupe

4 apricots (so happy they are in season!!)

salad w/ salsa for dressing (my new favorite thing!)

2 apples

blended soup

I am trying to come up with other things for my afternoon snack - I always need something around 2 and I crave fruit but have been reading more on how fruit is better digested in the morning.....

As my garden grows I am hoping to add more herbs to the salad for flavor...now learning what goes well together!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

2 bananas

1 small watermelon

1 banana

That's it so far today. For some reason I haven't wanted a smoothie today; that's really unusual. Actually, I really haven't felt much like eating at all today (I'm guessing that shows! Tiny little list up there.) Typically I would have a large salad for dinner, but I'm not sure today. Maybe. Or maybe a smoothie. Or maybe some more fruit. I've got a honeydew that's looking good, and a few more bananas.

:~)

Let's see...

breakfast- 6 small peaches and 1 persimmon!! yay!!!

lunch- 2 bananas, 3 cups of grapes, 1 apple in a bowl with ground cinnamon, and a little pure maple syrup

snack- chai RAWEO cookie- uhh this was really good.

dinner- smoothie of 3-4 cups of spinach, 2 1/2 cups of blueberries, and 1 banana

dessert- 1 banana, 1 cup of grapes, 1/2 an apple in a bowl with ground cinnamon and pms

all in all, the best part of my day was the persimmon. i can't wait to get another one.

pixx, you should make a honeydew smoothie!!! i just blend it with some water. it gets really frothy.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

"pixx, you should make a honeydew smoothie!!! i just blend it with some water. it gets really frothy."

Thanks. May try that some day. I opted for a small salad, 'bout half the size I usually have. Romain & Bibb lettuces, red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and orange segments. The orange was juicy enough that I didn't use any dressing.

Think I might try to turn in early (for me, anyway). Night all.

• I have a question everyone...really need answer, how do u keep being raw and still have a fun social life( which usually involves drinking, eating- there comes the problem, they hardly have raw food). so do you just say No am a raw vegan and reject their food or do u eat and continue your diet next day?? i want to know how u deal with that???

thnks!!!

Well, first off, I don't drink alcohol, and second, the whole eating out thing is usually a No for me. I'd rather make my own delicious salad than pay 12 bux for a crappy one. It does dampen my social life a little because my friends eat out a lot. I don't let it get to me though. It was more difficult in the beginning because I didn't realize why they stopped asking me out, and now I know.

I'll go to places that I know have spinach or a healthy green (romaine doesn't cut it for me). I went out to two restaurants last night, had a blast. It all depends on you and your company what you make of it.

• FeeFee Raw Master

Today I have had

Breakfast - chocolate banana hemp pudding

Green smoothie (orange, pineapple and spinach)

Lunch - nut burger, bbq sauce (both from Rawvolution), pumpkin seed pate, salad

Non-raw flapjack with goji berries (Hrmph :-( )

Dinner - cauliflower cous cous (from rawvolution), lentil sprouts with tahini (not raw) and home made sauerkraut

Buckwheat munchie (buckwheaties, agarve, nut butter and carob powder).

In the dehydrator I have onion bread, breakfast berry bars and Ani Phyo's breakfast toast. Im enjoying working through quite a few recipes from Rawvolution although I don't use as much oil or nama shoyu.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

"it's tradition in my family to have something small and sweet after savory"

I think that's fairly common for a lot of people. I'm oddly the other way around. In my SAD days I used to save aside a small amount of my dinner to eat after dessert, to get the sweet taste out of my mouth. Thank goodness it doesn't seem to be an issue with fruit. :~)

Today so far:

one banana

two nectarines

one banana

I seemed to have carried over the not-wanting-to-eat mood into today, but think I am coming out of it this evening, as I am *so* ready for a huge salad, and later will probably get into that honeydew. :~)

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Weird day . . . that's all I'm gonna say. Hehe . . . I rhymed! :)

#1: Quart of Smoothie - 2 mangos, 1 pear, large handful of blueberries, maca, spirulina, raw carob, agave, Navitas' Natural's Omega Twister Blend (raw), Bee Pollen, aloe vera, and water.

#2: Large Salad - 3 large romaine leaves, 1 bunch cilantro, 3 scoops of homemade saurekraut, dulse flakes, onion, radishes, pumpkin seeds, salt, and lemon juice.

#3: Snack - 2 medjool dates

#4: Quart of Smoothie - 6 strawberries, 3 bananas, 2 medjool dates, 1 big scoop raw almond butter, cacao powder, cacao nibs, Navitas' Natural's Omega Twister Blend (raw), ice, water, vanilla extract.

#5: Snack - 1 peach, 2 medjool dates, 5 strawberries.

lot's of water throughout the day.

• so far today..

sliced organic strawberries and bananas sprinkled with freshly ground flax seed and vanilla powder

a few pieces of dehydrated mango

16oz juice of romine spinach kale celery apple red grapes carrot with a scoop of E3, maca, and hemp powder

green smoothie with romaine banana blueberries almond milk and a scoop of E3, maca, and hemp powder

Regarding my post that I am 99-100% raw, I just wanted to say that being 100% isn't necessarily a goal for me, so I don't think 100% is hard or unattainable (meaning all the time because most days I am). I didn't want someone to think I tried and failed - not at all. I do what I want and eat what I want every day and love it.

Today I had some fat, I think Sundays is a good day for it.

5 bananas, 1.5 c. raspberries

5 bananas, 2 c. strawberries

10 c. romaine

avocado (made into guac with lime juice and cilantro, jalapeno)

salsa (with tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, no onions)

red bell pepper

[made the above four into wraps - love eating with my hands sometimes!]

I will have a green juice later.

I haven't had a lot of waking hours today, that's the only reason the intake is low, plus I'm letting my avocado digest.

I want to do banana-berry island this week, I think, just bananas and berries and maybe 1 green juice per day. I still haven't done mono eating for a whole day; just at meals, so I wonder if I will feel different. I just want to see. :)

• FeeFee Raw Master

Im trying to get my other half eating more raw so Im making more complex stuff at the moment.

Green smoothie (pineapple, celery and pak choi)

Chocolate banana smoothie

Onion bread with bbq sauce and cucumber, onion bread with pumpkin seed pate and tomato

Plate of mixed fruit

Chilli caponata with parsnip rice

Raw strawberry ice cream.

My other half had all this bar the smoothies, he had cereal and yoghurt instead.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

superfood2 (et. al.)~ I'm 99-100% many (most?) days, but I , too, eat what I want, as long as I know it won't make me ill (dairy, beef, white flour, and fried foods make me ill; each with it's own symptom.) My shopping is pretty much all fruit and greens- and some other veggies. But when out socializing, I loosen up. So, some days may be as low as 60%. I am getting better and better at picking out the raw stuff on a menu, though-- so I think my % is getting higher and higher as time goes by. Over all, even with my loose days, I think I'm probably 85-95+% most weeks.

Sure, there are folks who will judge others for what they do, or do not do. But, for the most part, I think the raw community is a great bunch of accepting folks. No need to stress what others think. It's all good.

Thanks, Pixx!! I figured I'd just mention it partly because I don't think it's hard to be 100% if that's what someone truly wants.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

so far:

green smoothie: kale, banana, strawberries, blueberries, coconut oil, hemp seeds, spring water

strawberries

buckwheaties, chia, almond milk, banana, strawberries

green juice with celery, romaine, apple

some hemp brownies (raw of course!)

about to have some salad

• pixxpixx Raw Master

So far today:

- 1/2 large watermelon

- I juiced the rind with just a bit of pink, and ended up with 3 quarts of juice, from 1/2 the melon. Of which, I drank maybe a pint.

- Whole batch of kale chips. I had both Dino, and Curly, made 5 packed trays. I just can't make those without eating them all!!

Not sure what's next, yet.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Since today is still ongoing... I'll post yesterday's food (pics and short video on my blog)

During the day I had four servings of Plant Blood throughout the day (that's what I call green juice, although one of them was pink - haha)

Night time:

Raw falafel plate from Pure Food & Wine

Raw desserts from One Lucky Duck

Herbal tea

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne

www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

www.KristensRaw.com