Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I think you are off to a great start, neskalee. Eventually, those baked cupcakes won't feel so appetizing. Seriously. :~)

• normally I wouldnt have put myself in that situation, but it was a 3 year olds birthday party!! ack.

at least I easily avoided the hamburgers lol

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Neskalee, You're doing so well! Don't worry about the cupcake! What I try and do in these situations is either go there full so that I don't feel like eating, or take a raw sweet with me. The brownies from here http://www.2juicy.blogspot.com/

can be made into balls rolled in raw cacao powder (no icing) and easily carried round with you - I have two sitting next to me at my desk at the moment.

• Way to go, neskalee! You're doing great job transitioning! Just stick with it, don't dwell on the accidental give-ins... just don't do it again!! haha

So far:

5 bananas

8 large, juicy, organic, magically delicious, white peaches... oh my god.

1 apricot

1 apple

2 tomatoes

I need to go get more of those peaches, they are the most delicious thing I think I have ever tasted in my life. I just got them today, hoping they would last for a few days and I ate them all for lunch! Woops...

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Sounds good!!! I need some apricots.

I had some fat today.

2 c. strawberries

8 c. mangoes

about 8 bananas

2 c. honeydew and cantelope mixed

3 c. pineapple

guacamole (regular, with avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, tomatoes, and I also added shredded kale - yum! - not sure on amounts in cups exactly)

2 heads of romaine

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

#1: 2 quarts of lemon water

#2: 1 medium Cantaloupe blended with a tbs. raw honey

#3: 3 bananas and three medjool dates

#4: Salad (4 cups mixed baby greens, 1/4 cup raw peas, leek, celery, cucumber, a couple of tomatos, salt, and lemon juice).

#5: 16 oz. green juice (kale, apple, celery, lemon, ginger blended w/some ice and spirulina)

#6: 20 oz juice (carrot, apple, beet, ginger)

#7: 4 medjool dates and a banana

#8: 1 quart smoothie (banana, mango, kiwi, strawberry, blueberry, raw almond butter, raw honey, lucuma, maca, cacao powder, mesquite, cinnamon, vanilla)

• 5am: hot matcha with hemp milk (am I already off to a "NON-RAW" start??)

9am: shake with peach, strawberry, spinach, juice of orange, maca, vanilla whey powder

noonish: 1/4 C raw sprouted garbanzo hummus with 2 or 3 celery stalks, 3 or 4 big bites of taboule

All Day: small handfuls of DELIGHTFUL cherry tomatos (equivalent to 3/4 basket)

5-ish: 16 oz juice of spinach, celery, cuke, kale, parsley, apple, ginger

All Day: 1/2 handful of raw cashews

7: Leaf Cuisinw Kickin Kale Chips - 3 (chips, not packages!) with some of the afore mentioned tomatos

...and for dinner I'm (lightly) sauteing sprouted tofu, scallions, red onion, asparagus, shredded carrot, celery in a lemon/mustard/braggs marinade

• pixxpixx Raw Master

"8 large, juicy, organic, magically delicious, white peaches... "

babyraw, you are an *awful*, *evil* person....(LOL)... I want some!!! I had some organic ones a couple weeks ago that were simply divine, and bought some conventional (it's all they had) a couple days ago, hoping for a repeat, but, alas, they were flavorless. :'~(

• Haha thanks guys.

Today I didn't do very well on the raw.

I had:

my coffee w/ soy milk

2 bananas

1 apple

2 nectarines

oatmeal

stirfry of asparagus, carrots, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower with steamed white rice >.< (kind of had to eat it since my dad's gf prepared it to meet my new vegetarian life change she had heard about lol)

guacamole and organic baked tortilla chips

gallons of water

next time Ill eat the guac with a spoon!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

After a weekend away and a couple of SAD(ish) pub meals, I am so glad to be back on the straight and narrow!

Smoothie - Kiwi, banana, pear, spinach, frozen banana & berries

Carrot & hummus

Salad - lettuce, cucumber, toms, olives, sun dried toms, fruit juice dressing

Apple

Banana

Will probably have couscous and veg for dinner...not raw I know but much better than my last few days!

• Hehe, sorry pixx! I agree, the conventional are not even in the same league as the organic! I ate a conventional when I ran out of organic and it was significantly less juicy (not to mention, half the size!)

So far:

3 bananas

2 cantaloupes

2 mangoes

2 apricots

Hey! It depends on the food. This site is great: http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cookingconversions.asp?Action=find

In general, 1 c. is 8 oz. but you probably need grams?

1 c. of cantelope is 177 grams.

I don't see why you'd eat LESS than that. ;)

• Luluska8: Thank you!! I do feel much better. Im already losing interests in meats/dairy and I actually got sick from drinking some raspberry iced tea (the sugary canned processed preservative filled kind), im not sure if that's coincidental or not but I'm sticking to water 100% from now on anyway.

I feel better without the heaviness. Even the rice last night made me feel weighed down. I'm very surprised. And I've been losing a lot of weight too :)!! yay yay yay

5 peaches

8 mangoes

25 or so bananas

cucumber-celery juice

i have a local cucumber and 4 tomatoes I plan to eat later with celery or romaine.

I had the romaine with a salad dressing made from 1 c. cherries, 1 T. fresh lime juice, and about 2 T. water, and about 3 cups more cherries on top. YUMMMMMMMMMMM!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

my stomach has been feeling crappy because i had baked potatoes for the past 2 days. today, i'm trying to clean out my system with fresh stuff.

breakfast- smoothie of 2 bananas, 2 cups of cherries, and 3 big handsfuls of spinach

snack- 1 banana, 1 cup grapes, and 1 cup blueberries

lunch- spinach salad with an avocado, onions, red peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, and garlic

dinner- 2 bananas, 1 cup grapes, and 1 cup blueberries with a little pure maple syrup

snack- peppermint tea with a honey stick

• I'm transitioning, too, neskalee!!

My SAD meal was cooked tomato soup and a piece of toast.

I had one large glass of a green smoothie for lunch: kale/strawberry/kiwi/banana

And for dinner I had an easy trio of zuccini (as pasta), halved grape tomatos, and avacado as the sauce! Yummy--definitely something that may help me stay raw in the future (whenever I finally BECOME raw)!

• This is my first time post on this thread - I've been raw for about a month and I'd say I was 90% raw. Here is what I ate yesterday:-

- Lemon and ginger water, 1/4 pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, banana sprinkled with ground almonds and whole almonds, agave syrup

- 2 slices of melon and some nuts

- Homegrown rocket and salad leaves, blueberries, spring onion, cucumber with a tomato, parsley, tahini and balsmic vinegar dressing

- 1 apple

- 1 slice of sprouted bread with 1/2 avocado

- 1 banana

I have real trouble in the evening to stop picking on cake etc (have this for the other half). I'm not hungry or do I want it but it is a bad habit that I am trying to get out of!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

chattanoog ~ No need to hold out for 100% before considering yourself a raw foodist! I think sometimes claiming the title, helps us actually get where we are going. Claim it! Don't dangle it like a carrot. ;)

Today:

smoothie of banana, mango, & raspberries with nutmylk and sprouts (home grown, day 5, mix of: Broccoli, alfalfa, clover, kale, cabbage)

2 & 1/2 peaches. [half was bad.]

one melon. I have no idea what kind it was; the sign said "mixed variety melons" ha, no help there. It looked interesting. Similar to a cantaloupe, in that it had tan colored veins on the outside. But unlike cantaloupe it had deep dark green skin under the veins. It was quite elongated, too [rather than round]. Any guesses? ;) [Edit: Oh, and the flesh was similar to honeydew color.]

Key lime pie. Home made, on the fly. Macadamia and coconut crust. Lime and banana filling. I'll post the recipe & pics, eventually.

Salsa with store bought regular corn chips. I totally binged on this. Ugh. I occasionally have a few corn chips, no problem. This was a different brand, and something about them made me quite compulsive. Not sure what that was about, but I have no need to do that again. The salt in them made my lips raw! Gosh only knows what I did to my stomach.

Contemplating what's next. Perhaps nothing, to let my stomach settle, even though that was a few hours ago. If anything, maybe some greens--- salad or smoothie.

• Yesterday:

coffee + soy milk

1 banana

a huge amount of grapes

20 baby carrots + 2tbsp organic pb (not raw)

raw broccoli & cauliflower

guacamole (half an avocado + garlic + pico de gallo + extra extra onion)

stir fry veggies and white rice again

water water water

I still feel great tho!!

We're having a pot luck at work tomorrow which is stressing me out but Im bringing fruit so Ill just bring extra for me in case everything else is scary meat filled dairy products lol

And Saturday I'm comitted to trying to make my whole day 100% raw.

good for you! make sure you're prepared for a headache without the coffee......do something fun.

i've got some fresh & local spinach, cucumbers, kale, green onion, thyme, cilantro, tomatoes. and some figs and local bluebrries. not sure what's for dinner yet!

I barely eat dates anymore, either, compared to before. And cacao used to be my staple when I first went raw! Now I rarely want it and a raw chocolate bar last time I had one was too much/too strong; I had to have something with just a little cacao in it. Clean bodies want clean food; it's good that we're progressing!!!

My produce guy didn't have the organic cherries, but I got the figs, and all that local stuff, so I was happy!

Mangoes and bananas are a great combo!

3 c. blueberries

9 mangoes (!!!!) YEAH!!

24 or so bananas

1 c. strawberries

4 fresh figs

Later I might have more figs, some salad with the local ingredients I got (spring mix, spinach, kale, red leaf lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onion, thyme, cilantro).

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Yummy, superfood! Your day sounds delicious. :)

Swayze

Thanks! I was grinning as I carried my three boxes of mangoes home from the International Foods market!!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

pixx, i was the same with pita chips for one day in may. i hadn't had them in years, but with hummus, it was just insanely delicious. also, was the key lime pie for a special occasion??

superfood, figs are 1.29 each at my grocery store!! i haven't eaten them because of that ridiculous price. same as persimmons- i mean 2.99 for one?? what is it with fruit being so expensive?

i've been sleeping A LOT so far this summer. usually 10 or 12 hours a night haha i wake up everyday around 11:30 so i always end up starting with lunch. today, it was a huge banana, grape, spinach smoothie. after gym- meal was 4 bananas, 2 cups grapes, 1 peach, and 1/4 cup raspberries. after bike-riding meal, avocado salad roll on a big salad of fresh iceberg, romaine, and spinach from the garden. dessert was 2 bananas, 1 cup grapes, and 1/2 an apple.

right now, i'm sipping on some peppermint tea with a honey stick. yum yum.

• So regarding fats:

How many grams do most of you consume in a single day? What's a healthy range?

edit: Today I ate 42 grams from organic peanut butter and avocado, I'm afraid that's way too much!! =X

• Breakfast /Lunch Smoothie: 2 bananas, 2 pears, 3 cups spinach, 1 tsp maca, 6 oz water/ice.

Dinner: Cucumber pasta (2 cucumbers spiralized) with 2 medium tomatoes, 1/2 cup of spinach, a handful of cilantro/basil, olive oil, sea salt and a dusting of shredded raw goat cheese.

Right now: 2 raw brownies with raspberry sauce. Can't believe it took me 14 minutes to prepare, clean up, and sit down to eat. :)~~

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Smoothie: mixed berries, banana, mango, almond butter, raw honey, hemp seed protein, and greens powder, oh and Almond Milk, accompanied by a homemade apple cinnamon Larabar

Lunch: two fruit salads mixed with some salad greens and coconut flakes drizzled with some agave nector

also had a Cashew cookie LaraBar

Dinner (not totally raw) Slices of bread with some greens, tomato, avocado and soy bacon bits in between.

Also snacked on an apple and banana during the middle of the day.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

joannabanana: "was the key lime pie for a special occasion??"

Nope, I was just in the mood, and it was easy enough! :~) The hardest part was waiting a couple hours for it to set up in the freezer. :P

Since I don't add extra sweeteners to this sort of thing, I have no problem considering it a meal, rather than a dessert. :~)