Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

I'm trying 80-10-10, so sick of being bloated and in pain and swollen!

-3 cups peas, tomato and two minni cucumbers

-shake-3 cups spinach, 2 tbsp ground plax seed, 1 small apple, 1 lemon, base was fruity tea

-one orange

-shake-3 cups spinach, 1 small apple, 1 lemon, fruity tea base

-one orange

-2 cups bluberries, 2 cup strawberries with banana blended with water and vanilla (like berries and creme!)

I feel great!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

thanks, zinfandel! swing dancing is my new favorite hobby!! have any of you guys done it?? it is so fun and i was shocked it was crowded. i wasn't aware of this whole swing dancing population haha my favorite move so far is the charleston!

anyway, after dancing last night for like 4 hours i got home at 1:30 and had like 2 cups of a restaurant salad my mom brought home with some olive oil. it hit the spot most definitely.

obviously, i had to get up at 6 am for work (ha) and i had a green smoothie of 3 bananas, 1 lb of grapes, and a bag of spinach. i wasn't hungry when i ate this and didn't really enjoy it. i mainly ate it because my lunch break isnt until noon so i knew i would have been starving around 9 anyways. lunch was 2 apples and a big salad of spinach, half a tomato, some onion, braggs, and olive oil.

dinner was a smoothie of 5 bananas and about 12 pitted dates (the crappy small ones you get in packages- nothing like a fresh medjool!)

i've just been sipping on peppermint tea for the time being. my digestion is crazy fast today and i wish it would slow down!

• Oh mannnnnnn I feel growse!

About 4 days ago, I've decided to stop my 90 days challenge and my Raw habbits because I had no options here (nicaragua) to eat what I wanted to eat. I was almost only eating bananas and was about to get crazy eating them.

So I told myself: I'll just be a vegan as I used to, but will include bread and cooked food.

I passed the last 4 days eating bad stuff, I ate cheese, yogurt, a bunch of integral bread and oh my god I FEEL SOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to vomit, I put weight or maybe not weight nut I feel BIG and ugly and oh my, i feel so bad I want to cry :(

Damn it, I'll go back raw vegan. so, I'm back in.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Oh man, I have the worst bloating/wind! I didn't eat too well over the weekend so this is my punishment.

I was doing pretty well on Sat until dinner time when I ate a handful of fries, half a naan and some white rice...eeek!

I stayed over at a B&B and yesterday morning had a round of toast/jam then beans on toast which has given me the worst gas/trapped wind! I ate really well for the rest of the day, but the damage had already been done.

Today so far:

Pineapple, banana & spinach smoothie

carrot & hummus

3 chopped apples, pecans, raisins, soy yogurt & cinnamon (my new fav dish)

this afternoon I'll have the other half of my morning smoothie and a couple of dates before I hit the gym.

Dinner will be whatever my BF comes up with when I get home. Hopefully something friendly on my poor tum.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

I have been doing really well but this weekend we went to my parents to stay and i CANNOT resist my mom's homemade cooked food! I binged and felt terrible, and could not wait to get back to raw eating today. I ran out of spinach at home, have to go get more today, but so far today I made a pineapple, banana, orange smoothies with 4 T ground flax seed (ok, maybe 4 T is too much?) And for lunch I brought pineapple, grapefruit, and apples to work. For dinner I'm eating applesauce. Back on track feels good!

sv3 I too have been extremely bloated, last week I was so bloated I thought i had to be pregnant! I didnt understand why though, because I was raw 100% for 2 wks before that...could it be all the consumption of fruit? I also thought it may be dried fruit, so i stopped eating so much of that and am wondering if that will help...any thoughts?

ALSO, i did my first enema ..was not nearly as scary as i thought it would be. :)

• hey looks like a lot of us had a bad cooked food w-e ahahah!

• Yesterday I ate... a banana, raisins, a spinach salad (carrot shavings, zucchini, spinach, "raw slaw", green beans, raspberries, and more raisins), an orange, an apple, and an "Apple Pie" Larabar :)

yum!

• Hello!

TOday so far, wasn't 100%raw cuz I wanted to be done with my integral bread I bought 2 days ago..

SO I had 3 large slices of bread with 3 mashed bananas

2 apples

2 hanfdul of mixed nuts

I'm pretty full. So I might just have a veggie salad for supper I don't know yet. Or maybe a banana-spinach smoothie, but might go on the salad better.

Good day!

i ate a lot today but i trained a lot today, too, so i guess it evens out!!

exercisewise, it has been 40 minutes ab exercises, 50 minutes powerlifting, and 1 hour elliptical.

10 bananas

1 pineapple

1 orange

2 apples

2 cups grapes

a ton of spinach- at least 1/2 a pound

1 tomato

1/4 cup onion

1 baked potato

1 cup of cooked mushrooms from my mom's stroganoff!!! i find it so hard to resist this.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

joanna~ what form of swing? I did lindy last year for a few months and LOVED it. I was just too busy to keep it up...plus the crowd here was kinda small and I got sick of dancing with the same, like, 5 PEOPLE! If I ever live in a large city, I will definitely take it up again!

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

hey swayze, i did east coast swing (jitterbug), but i definitely want to get better with lindy hop. we did some of that, too, and i'm like a beast at the charleston now haha it's so much funner when the crowd is big!! it's nice to get a taste of everybody's style of dancing and leading. i'm going to a chicken swing dance on thursday night (not sure why it's called that ha) and then a halloween swing dance on saturday. any ideas for a costume???

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

Hi Fonky, it must be very difficult not to have access to variety as many of us are use to.

Have you though about growing your own greens? It is very easy to do, not to mention very cheap, and you can grow them in pots even. My picture shows a lettuce harvest from two plants. I got a similar amount every three to four days! , which was plenty for my needs.

On the other hand, we humans have artificial access to a wide variety of produce and products. Most species eat one or two things and that's it. For example, cows eat grass, squirrels eat nuts, fish eat either algae or other fish. We eat grains, fruits, meat, vegetables, nuts, dairy, etc. and I think we grow up thinking that we are entitled to a variety. My kids get very upset if I give them the same I gave them for lunch..."we already ate that" they say with a critical tone (you can imagine my calvary, by the way).

I have a friend that lived in Honduras and she said that all people ate there was beans. Beans for breakfast, beans for lunch, beans for dinner. Every day beans. I could not take that monotony, but instead of killing herself, my friend developed a taste and love for beans ...

I don't mean to say that you are spoiled like my children, but staying with the bananas maybe better for you than eating rice, bread and all that stuff, and more so if you are concerned about you weight :).

Good luck to you.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Rawlizard, I like your post :) Very , very true. After going raw though, I would be very content living on fruit!

How did you grow those greens? Inside your home?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

carrot & apple juice

carrot

hummus

apples

raisins

pecans

buckwheaties

melon

dates

couscous

chickpeas

more raisins..I love em.

HEY GUYS! I tell you what, when I was getting nutritional help for recovery, and they had me on all the protein, I felt really full for one, but also l kinda like an impostor here! It was not how I felt I wanted to be eating. SO, I am now just doing what I want to do, and that is that!

-3 cups peas, 1 cup tomato, 1/2 cup cucumber, with moustard thinned with tonnes of dill and a touch of stevia

-shake of two lemons(flesh and zest) 6 cups spinach and a touch of stevia

-apple

-apple, orange, 2 cup blueberries, 2 cup strawberries. I then blend one banana with a touch of vanilla and water to make 'banana milk" and pour it over the berries! My fave.

Had a few nibbles at some raw granola I am making for my sister, who is vegan and not raw, but I make things for her that are raw and she alwaus eats them! I love to un-cook!!

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

dancin durian, what is your recipe for a raw granola? I tried making one the other week and it turned out horrible!

Today i have had:

banana and berry smoothie w/ 2 teaspoons green powder and 2 tablespoons ground flax seed w/ packet of stevia

goji berries

raw applesauce

grapes

2 apples

grapefruit

raw power bar

dinner will be egglplant pizzas..experimenting.. :-/

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I had some unripe melon served to me the other day. Ugh. Nothing worse.

Yesterday I had about 16 bananas

4 large apples

16 oz. of spinach

and juiced two heads of romaine, two bunches of celery, 1 cucumber, 1 lemon

Hey kitty! The one I made yesterday was- 1 cup buckwheat and 1 cup coconut bleneded into a powder. Combined with a puree of one small yam, one cup chopped carrots and an orange. Then I added about a quarter cup of home made pumpkin spice mix (I blended cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg and a bit of fresh ginger). Then I stirred in 1 cup each whole buckwheat, coconut, chpped nuts and sunflower seeds. Then sir in the zest from the orange, a but of vanilla and some salt. Combine well. Then I added about three cups of date paste, because my sister has a sweet tooth, but you could use as much of what ever kind of sweetner you like. Dehydrate and wala! Done.

and P.S Superfoods2- I know what you mean, unripe melon is the most dissappointing food happenstance ever!

Ymmy day today!

-3 cups peas, tomatoe and two mini cucumbers with dilled moustrad

-smoothie of two lemons and 6 cups spinach and a touch of steviea

-two apples

-one cantelope with cinnamon and allspice

-one cup blueberries and once cup strawberries with banana milk!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

i've discovered a new favorite food : cabbage. I didn't even know what it was.. I called it "red spinach" if you would of asked me if i liked cabbage i would have said no. haha. now i want to eat a whole cabbage head. yum.

i got to eat sunflower seed butter tonight on apples it was absolutely divine! who needs cookies!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Banana & blueberry (almond)milk shake

Pumpkin, cranberry & pecan teacakes

Salad of leaves, cucumber, cherry toms, corn & olives with balsamic dressing

later on I'll have buckwheat porridge with blueberries before the gym

Dinner will be thai green curry with wild rice

Will probably indulge in a bowl of banana whip later on for dessert

Such a good food day!

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Today I feel great. Finally think I am recovering from the horrendous SAD weekend I had last weekend. So far Ive had..

banana/blueberry smoothie w/ 2 T flax, 2 t vitamineral and packet of stevia

4 apples

watermelon & canteloupe from store - pre cut - nasty, watermelon was TOO ripe, cant. not ripe enough ugh!

tried a couple bites of papaya for the first time - it was OK

handful of goji berries

a few pistachios

I brought a lara bar with me, going to the gym after work and then my hubby wants to go to a fri night fish fry. BOO! I'm scared to go to a restaurant where practically the whole menu is fried. I feel so good tho, and my skin looks great...hoping that is enough motivation for me to stick to a salad. (does anyone else hate the food/social aspect of like every weekend?? everyone HAS to go out to eat...)

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Kitty - I'm having serious issues with melons too. The Honeydew and Cantaloupes that I'm buying are always unripe, even when they feel a little soft and smell sweet. My watermelon tends to either have no taste or it's mushy. I miss my farmer's market :( I can't believe that I have to wait 8 more months before getting fresh melons.

And yes, I do hate the whole food issue during social situations. It's my birthday this weekend so I'm sure there will be a lot of eating at non raw places, so it's tough to make the right choice when you are surrounded by others that don't eat like you. I'll try my best but I will probably have some cooked foods (hopefully in moderation). My birthday is actually on Sunday and I'm going to a raw vegan restaurant with my dad for dinner so I know that I will be eating well on my birthday. Tonight and tomorrow night...not so sure.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

AVL are you buying organic honeydew cantaloupes & watermelons? it makes a TREMENDOUS difference in taste.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

I was buying organic in the summer at the farmers market, but they are really hard to find now. There are a few at a health food store that I go to, but they never look good. Maybe looks are deceiving and they actually taste good. I will get organic melons next time and taste the difference. Thanks!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Banana and blueberry (almond)milk shake

chopped apple topped with cinnamon buckwheat porridge

raisins

salad of leaves, cucumber, cherry toms and corn

carrot & hummus

zuchinni noodles and pesto

few more raisins

onion & hern crackers

bottle of pear cider

• apple w/ honey/cacao sauce (1 tsp ea.)

2 dates

glass soy milk

2 T almonds

big veg salad w/ fresh orange juice on top (soooo good)

raisins

2T sliced almonds

banana

2 bananas blended with tons of spinach

carrots w/ hummus

2 dates

(I'm transitioning to raw; I know soymilk/hummus is not, trying to use it up!)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Worked out in the gym for two hours this morning so had quite an appetite today. Lots of small meals every few hours throughout today:

carrot & apple juice with pinch of all spice

buckwheat porridge with raisins and blueberries

carrot & hummus

handful of raisins and almonds

salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms & corn

herb & onion crackers

'Bowl of November' from this site (sweet potato pudding)

...plus loads of water and peppermint tea....

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

I'll have to try organic melons. I guess they must just be out of season or something. Too bad :(

I am detoxing and broke out with like 4 tiny pimples on chin...so weird because the rest of my face is perfectly clear except for these little monsters! Oh well..i actually love detox sypmtoms, haha :)

The only SAD food I ate this weekend was a veggie tostada and a few corn chips at a mexican restaurant. I felt really full and greasy after eating it. I even passed up popcorn at the movies too..that NEVER used to happen! I am in love with honeycrisp apples and feel like i've been living on them. I've been eating lots of monomeals of them lately.

Today for breakfast lunch and snacks its just tons of apples. and a few goji berries. Tonight I'm making stuffed eggplant w/ shrimp for my hubby, and will probably nibble on the eggplant. Otherwise its pineapple for dinner.

So jealous you got to try a raw restaurant AVL! Im dying to go to one. Hope you enjoyed it.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

buckwheat porridge with blueberries (my current obsession!)

simple salad with a lovely dressing made from zuchinni cores, basil, garlic and dash of almond milk

carrot & hummus

bulgur wheat & chickpeas with carrots, brocolli & cauli

will no doubt have a nibble on something sweet later...

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Kitty, OMG I LOVE HONEYCRIPS!!!!! They are my FAVORITE apples :) I just went to get 10 of them tonight. They are so good to eat on their own, but you what also good? I make apples sauce with them. I'll put 4 apples with maybe 10 strawberries, a bit of lemon juice and cinnamon...yum! It's so sweet because the apples are already sweet on their own.