Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i've been sick for two weeks straight with bronchitis!! uhhh i had a breathing treatment done a few days ago which helped some. i need to get one of these oxygen machines for my house since my asthma is so bad. i wish there was a way to make it go away.

so far today....

big smoothie of about 2 cups of raspberries and 1 lb of grapes. all my bananas are green so no bananas today.... that's really depressing ahhhh

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Hey lulushka8, I love that idea - will give it a bash this week!

Went out last night and had a few drinks, feeling rough today so been eating none stop:

buckwheat porridge with blueberries

rice cakes

my usual apple/nut/seeds/yoghurt combo

loads of twiglets

couple handfuls of spicy peanuts

baked sweet potato and veggies

Planning of having banan whip later as it's been ages since I've had any and I am craving comfort food.

Hope you're better soon JB :-)

• Hey sv3, what are twiglets? They sound too cute to eat, lol.

I've had a good week, all raw except for a sweet potato last Monday or Tuesday, with tons of fruit, and only overt fats yesterday. I was rewarded with a really amazing, fast 8 mile run on Saturday, plus my clothes are looser! I'm going to keep eating like this and see what happens- I want to qualify for the Boston Marathon in the next 1-2 years.

Today:

2 bananas + green smoothie w/ 3 bananas, frozen mango/strawberries, kale

w/o: 5.5 mile run, 30 mins. vinyasa yoga, plus about 1 hour 45 mins. walking w/ dog and for transportation throughout the day

2 bananas (sprinkled cinnamon on one) and an orange

planning on a salad w/ baby greens, red leaf lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper & a little vinegar before leaving for work around 5 PM

probably another green smoothie, same as above but with 2 bananas after work

i'm feeling better but i have been on an antibiotic. it's been a good food day though.

smoothie of 1 mango, 6 oz blackberries, and 1 banana

2 apples

smoothie of 5 bananas, ground cinnamon, and about 12 crappy little dates- i definitely need to order some fresh medjools or khadrahi dates!

smoothie of 3 bananas, 3 small oranges, and about 1.5 cups pineapple

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

joannabanana, I'm so glad your feeling better! That smoothie with the blackberries sound SO good! I might just go get some frozen ones because I can't find any fresh ones where I live at the moment :( and give that smoothie a try. I know how you feel about dates. My Farmer's Market didn't have ANY type of dates this time around. so sad!

Lot's of water.

4 oz. Synergy's Grape Kombocha

Breakfast Smoothie - 1.5 C. pineapple, 1 banana, 1 tangerine, handful of mixed berries, 3 big handfuls mixed baby greens, and 1/2 cup coconut water.

Lunch- 3 lettuce sandwiches (have a picture of this on my blog) made with orange bell pepper, cucumber, and tomato. This was followed by a gala apple and a handful of dried apricots.

20 minute bike ride (then it started to rain so I had to come in)

Dinner Raw Ice Cream - 3 C. frozen banana, 3 heaping tbs. raw cacao powder, vanilla, 1 heaping tsp. maca, and 1 heaping tsp. hemp protein powder (this is left over from when I believed in the "protein hype" b4 I discovered Dr. Grahams 80/10/10 book. Now I'm just trying to use the rest of it up bit by bit. I don't want it to go to waste because lets face it, hemp is expensive!).

• Add 2 bananas to my afternoon snack, and I had a baked sweet potato for dinner when I finally got home instead of another smoothie. They are just so warm and good, and I was sooo cold! Not sure if I'll keep including them or not, but it hit the spot tonight. Also just had 2 small apples as a bedtime snack, and might have another banana to bump up the calories.

• morning: two small bananas

lunch after a run: four apples made into that applesauce, the recipe's on the site here

now: green smoothie with spinach, chia seeds, and parsley (ha hem, it's shockingly green and a little scary! even for me:))

later: something tasty! like the green melon on my counter!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

elle212, twiglets are a savory, crunchy, 'twig like' snack which people either love or hate. They are very addictive and I normally try to stear clear but my hangover caused much weakness of will!

green smoothie of banana, mixed berries, spinach, maca, mesquite, MSM.

carrot & hummus

chopped apples, sunflower seeds, raisins & goji berries topped with soya yoghurt and cinnamon

my pre-gym snack will be a banana and a couple of dates.

Dinner will be mixed veg with mashed sweet potato and gravy. Perfect winter food!

My order of chia seeds has arrived today and I'm very excited about trying them. Any good recipe tips guys?

I fancy making some kind of pudding.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Sharon fruit are now on sale...Wooo Hooo! So happy to have them back in my life...haha!

• It was strangely warm here today...got to run in shorts, and didn't have any cooked veggie cravings :-)

-4 bananas

-fruit salad of a mango, an apple & 2 bananas

w/o: 5 mile run

-apple

-huuuge salad w/ romaine, carrots, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber & a lil vinegar; 2 bananas

w/o: hour of walking to/from work

-apple & 3 bananas

-lettuce-less salad of 4 tomatoes, 3 carrots & 2 celery stalks...hit the spot! Plus 2 bananas.

I'm running out of bananas! My case lasted a week and 2 days, and it was sooo nice not to have to haul bunches of bananas home from the grocery every other day. I will definitely order by the case from now on!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

lulushka8, I got mine from http://www.haverawcakeandeatit.co.uk/raw_food_uk/HOME.html.

Not a bad price and they were delivered very quickly. I'm still experimenting with them but they seem very versitile.

I think I'm going to make a pudding later by blending the seeds with water and sharon fruit as I imagine that would be lovely.

breakfast- smoothie of 5 cups spinach, 2 bananas, and 3 cups of grapes

lunch- 2 lbs of grapes

i'm on grapefest today.

• Green Smoothie about 4 mornings a week, romaine, kale or collard, apple, banana or pear or grapes are usual ingredients.

A smoothie with black grapes, blueberries, hempseed, and romaine lettuce had a neat color so I took a picture of it, you can see it at http://www.surrealcity.com/misc.html

A few raw cacao beans each day.

A few 'Collard Wraps' each week.

Thinly sliced raw veggies with heated mushrooms and marinara sauce is a 80 percent raw 'pasta-like' dinner that I like.

Almonds soaking today.

Best Wishes, Gil

• Today was just eh...

B: 5 bananas

S/Light L: 2 apples

L/D: Whole Foods salad bar- salad w/ lots of different greens, cucumber, mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted (with oil) brussels sprouts & butternut squash w/ a little vinegar...then had some plain steamed sweet potatoes and some broccoli/cauliflower/brussels sauteed in olive oil w/ garlic and pepper. It was divine but my stomach didn't handle the oil very well.

S: planning on a green smoothie & perhaps some clementines that my produce suppliers gave to me :-)

Workout was 2 dog walks (50 mins. total) plus 4 hours of walking all over the city doing some Christmas shopping.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

The WF "salad" bar IS very interesting. Everything is so shiny and oily. Gross!! At least you can get some veggies raw.

Today I had 7 bananas

4 c. blueberries

8 c. starwberries

4 c. raspberries

4 c. pineapples

4 14-ounce glasses green juice (kale, romaine)

1 avocado

5 c. romaine.

Eating something else later, not sure what. Probably more greens and maybe some apples or oranges. Yes, I was bothered to keep track today! :p

i'm aiming for 7 days of 100% raw and today is #1.

smoothie of 2 bananas, 3 cups grapes, and 4 cups spinach

smoothie of 2 bananas, 2 oranges, and 1/2 a pineapple

1 apple

mushroom soup from this site- i had the whole batch so it was 2 big, delicious bowls with some chopped tomato, onion, and chives.

i'm planning on having raw soup every day for a week because there are so many soup recipes i want to try on this site!!

• Yesterday I had :)

A banana-pineapple-strawberry smoothie (one banana, 1/2 cup of diced pineapple, 9 strawberries, halved)

Zucchini/Yellow squash "pasta" topped with fresh salsa (tomatoes, jalapenos, onions, cilantro, green onion), raw mushrooms, and a "creamy marinara sauce" (sundried matoes, cashews, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, paprika, onion powder, ground sunflower seed "parmesan", olive oil, raw agave, water, and a tad of sea salt) also added a little bit of basil, garlic powder, and sea salt to the ground up sunflower seeds and sprinkled it on top...NOM NOM

snacked on some baby carrots and broccoli (dipped in my creamy marinara...SO GOOD!)

snacked on more strawberries and pineapple

banana

raw cashew butter with more fruit haha

I eat like a pig :D

• holy crap superfood you must spend a TON of money on all that food :O

so far today i've had

smoothie of 1 orange, 3 bananas, and 2 cups pineapple

smoothie of 2 oranges, 3 bananas, and 2 cups pineapple

you can probably tell this is one of my favorites!! i like it because it is warm- i can't stand drinking cold smoothies.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I'm the exact opposite, joanna. I like my smoothies ice cold...even though it makes me ice cold! :P

Swayze

haha that's funny, swayze. my mom thinks i'm weird because i drink them warm. i just hate eating cold food because i'm a naturally cold person already... any added "coolage" is just too much for me.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Rawholic, that's so funny! I bundle myself up too when I drink my smoothies because I like them to be half-frozen. I just hate being cold, but I either like my food to be really cold or really hot, nothing in between. If I have a smoothie for breakfast I tend to bring a warm cup of herbal tea in the car with me to warm me up as I drive to work.

Today was not the best day food-wise so I don't want to post anything. I ate quite a bit of cooked vegan foods this afternoon until dinner (don't know why), but I'll do better tomorrow.

Swayze, I love cold smoothies as well! Even when I myself am freezing I still crave smoothies. I just bundle up in a nice warm blanket when I drink them. :D The only time I like them warm is when I use mangos to make pudding.

Today:

4 C. pineapple blended with 1 C. coconut water

2 C. grapes

5 C. mung bean sprouts + 2 C. butterhead lettuce with dressing (2 tomatos, 1/2 red bell pepper, lemon juice, basil, onion, and garlic)

smoothie/soft serve ice cream (4 large frozen bananas, 1/4 C. blueberries, 1/2 C. strawberries, pomegranate juice, purple corn extract, vanilla, local bee pollen, and raw honey)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I've been away for the weekend so didn't eat so well. I had terrible cravings for chocolate - which is very strange as I'm not normally fussed by it at all.

Yesterday I had:

Banana

Apple

Rice cakes

Couscous salad with brocolli, asparagus, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate, sweet potato and red peppers - so YUM!

Dried apple rings

Japanese nuts

Veggie curry and brown pitta

Today:

Buckwheat porridge with blueberries and cinnamon

Dried apple rings

Chopped apples, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, goji berries topped with soya yoghurt

Later I'll have a banana and dates for my pre-workout snack.

Dinner is a sweet potato and qunioa chilli.

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

So far:

Orange, lime and papaya smoothie.

I had a bad weekend too!

joannabanana, I finally tried the banana, grape, and spinach smoothie that you have praised so much. I now understand why you love them so much! I had one today for lunch and I am HOOKED. For sure, I will be having another one tomorrow. LOL.

Breakfast: 4 cups pineapple blended with 3/4 C. coconut water & 1/4 C. pomegranate juice

Snack: 3 clementines

Snack: 8 oz. dried mulberries

Lunch: green smoothie (1 C. frozen banana, 2 C. red grapes, 4.5 C. spinach)

Snack:1 ambrosia apple with my raw cinnamon apricot jam (can get recipe on my blog)

Dinner: Fruit Cereal - 2 large bananas sliced, 1.25 C. blueberries, 1 C. raspberries all put into a bowl with coconut milk poured on top (the water and meat from 1 Thai coconut).

Snack: 2 clementines

Finally made over the 2000 calorie marker! I ate 2053 calories today. Ever since consuming a raw plant based diet that was more 80/10/10, I have had a hard time consuming any more the 1300-1800 calories a day and with my metabolism and activity level I need more than that. I think I am finally getting used to fitting all those fruits and veggies into my stomach. LOL! :-)

ahh i'm so happy you liked it rawaholic! i had one for breakfast yesterday actually. they just taste good to me no matter what i'm craving/not craving. some days, i just don't want food and those are the days when i make that because it's kind of savory and sweet at the same time.

yesterday i had:

*grape banana spinach smoothie

*salad of spinach, iceberg, tomato, onion, sundried tomatoes, avocado, green onion, braggs, and sauteed mushrooms. i'm not a huge fan of just cut-up mushrooms, so i felt like sauteeing them in olive oil.

*orange banana pineapple smoothie (if you haven't tried this combo yet, make it immediately- i use 2 bananas, 2 oranges, and 1-2 cups pineapple)

today:

nothing yet haha i woke up at 7 today because i have this killer bugbite on my arm and i can't stop itching it. my usual wake-up time is 11:30-12 since i've been out of school and "quit" my job. i use the term "quit" loosely because it was pretty mutual between my boss and me hahaha

i will no doubt have a grape banana spinach smoothie for breakfast though!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

joannabanana, that's so funny because my salads are usually all raw...except for the mushrooms. I also cook them too! I also prefer broccoli and cauliflower slightly cooked, but all other vegetables I like raw.

I've gotta try that grape, banana, spinach smoothie, it sounds really good :)

• vabeachcgvabeachcg Raw Newbie

breakfast: green smoothie, banana

snack: sprouted mung crackers, 2 bananas

lunch: kelp noodles over a bed of dandelion with some cashew butter and some soy sauce (trying to use it up before getting nama shoyu....i dont recommend this combination, btw-- the cashew butter w/ soy sauce)

snack: mashed cauliflower, avo cream spread w/ more mung crackers

dinner: kibbeh nayyeh (vegan), over shredded cabbage with a remoulade

dessert: peanut marzipan

I did it again! I ate 2114 calories today. I think I'm getting the hang of this. I've been using the cron-o-meter for the last couple of months to keep journal and keep track of my calorie and nutrient intake. Let me tell you this, the past 2 months of journaling is solid proof that you will NOT become nutrient deficient on a low-fat raw plant based diet (80/10/10). On most days I exceed the required amount of vitamins and minerals by the bucket load, AND I receive a prefect Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio. Gorilla food is the way to go baby! Hehe. . .

Breakfast Pt. 1: 4 cups pineapple blended with 1 C. coconut water + 1/4 C. Pomegranate Juice

Breakfast Pt. 2: 1.5 C blueberries + 6 clementines

Lunch: green smoothie (3 C. red grapes, 2 C. frozen banana, 6 C. spinach)

Snack: 1 ambrosia apple with 1/4 C. of my cinnamon apricot jam

Dinner: - salad (1 head romaine, 2 green onions, 1/2 large cucumber, 1 C. heirloom tomato, 1/2 C. sliced orange bell pepper)

- dressing (blended: 2 roma tomatoes, 1/2 C. chopped red bell pepper, 1 clove of garlic, 2 tbs. raw artisana tahini, juice from half a lemon, onion powder, nama shoyu, and water)

- veggie plate (1/2 cup chopped raw okra, 1 carrot sliced into stick, 2 celery sticks sliced into sticks) + leftover salad dressing for dipping

Snack: 2 clementines