Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

It has been one year since this thread began. Can you believe it? Looking back on some of my older posts here has shown me how far I have come in my raw journey as well as the progress of others. Amazing thread!

Yesterday:

21 Ataulfo Mangoes

15 Strawberries

10 Bananas

Today:

Fresh squeezed OJ all day! :-)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

21 ataulfo mangoes?! Now that's my kind of breakfast! :D

10 bananas

10 Ataulfo mangoes (so so delicious)

10 bananas

2lbs strawberries, ~30 ounces cherub tomatoes & 2 heads of lettuce

Swayze

My Whole Foods was selling Ataulfo Mango for 99 cents a piece! When I saw that I went over to one of the employees stocking the shelfs, asked him for one of his empty boxes, and filled it to the brim with mango. Two words were running through my head while I was doing thie, "JACK POT!" :-D LOL

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Blimey, can't believe it's been a year since this thread started!

It's funny looking back at my old eating habits - some things are exactly the same and other things (like nut/seed pates) I've not touched for yonks.

It's probably due to all the fruit lovers on this site but I'd say my fruit consumption has grown considerably. :-)

Feel like I've been neglecting my salad intake recently though, so should really start making more of an effort. Now spring has sprung this will hopefully come naturally.

Today...

Banana, spinach and blueberry smoothie

carrots & hummus

mixed veggies and aubergine pesto with n'yeast sprinkled on top

handful of raisins

few figs

Dinner later will be a fruit salad of melon, pineapple, mango and grapes. YUM!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

My Costco ALWAYS sells Ataulfos for $.99 each...and I thought that was high! :P

Swayze

My Whole Food usually sells them for a $1.50 a piece! I wish I had your COSTCO.

• I. Freakin'. Love. Ataulfos.

Got some more Ataulfo Mangoes today! Guess what I am eating tomorrow? Hehe.

Today:

2 large apples chopped up and covered in caramel sauce (8 medjool dates + 2 small bananas)

12.5 cups chapped canteloupe melon

9 frozen bananas blended into ice cream with 170g of raspberries sprinkled on top

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

my blender broke a few days ago and it's been torture! i never knew how much i relied on it. my dad brought his blender over to my house today, thank heavens! i made a strawberry banana smoothie asap and it has never tasted so delicious and creamy.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Rawaholic, I like the sound of your caramel sauce - I'm going to give it a try!

• cupcakes revengecupcakes revenge Raw Newbie

I had half a green almond milk smoothie (the strawberries were sour and magic bullets suck so it was not good - like as in they don't properly blend things and there were chunks of spinach ick!) and raw banana bread for breakfast (recipe at http://kellysfacesmells.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-im-eating-right-now.html)

the raw chef's nut free bread for snack (well, an adaptation of it)

salad for lunch

raspberries for afternoon snack

a couple of walnuts and dates for 2nd afternoon snack

raw chef's wilted kale salad with my own dressing for dinner (dressing = lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, jalapeno pepper)

sv3, I hope you enjoy the sauce! It's so sweet and delicous that if it weren't raw I would swear it was bad for me. LOL!

Today:

2 Honeydew Melons

10 Navel Oranges

15 Ataulfo Mangoes

My last Chocolate Sapote

http://iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

• it's been awhile

yesterday

half a watermelon

6 bananas 2 containers of strawberries- smoothie soup

10 dates

head of romaine + some grape tomatoes and red pepper(while using some of those dates)

kinda like a big sandwich

and then the rest of the tomatoes with some destringed celery in a bowl

today

2 cantolopes

4 apples +10 dates mixed like a pudding

6 bananas and 2 containers of strawberries-smoothie soup

the same romaine sandwich only this time i added a little dill

and i'll probably do the tomato cerlery thingy again

yum

• awe joannabanana :( i feel for you, i love my blender, mine broke last week and got a new one immediatley after. like i mean right after. yay for dads though. im happy he pulled through for you. i couldn't handle not having a smoothie for very long either:)

joannabanana that sucks! My blender broke a while ago and all I've had to use is a crappy magic bullet. Let me tell you, they are NOT your friend for green smoothies. Or for anything! My cashew ice cream had blatant chunks of cashews in it! and my green smoothie had whole chunks of spinach - NOT appealing in a breakfast beverage.

• ladydaventryladydaventry Raw Newbie

Brekkie - 1 small rockmelon

Snack - 3 bananas and 3 mini sugar bananas

Lunch - 2 small cherimoya, 200 red grapes

Snack - 6 peaches

Dinner - small avo with lime juice and 3 carrot to dip

2 hours later - 200g spinach with 200g grape tomatoes, 1 cucumber

Naughty late night snack - sugar bananas!

colleen and cupcakes, my dad's blender sucks, too haha sometimes you just can't win, but it's better than not having one at all. i've been a on big frozen banana ice cream kick and this blender takes 20 minutes to blend frozen fruits. my absolute favorite right now it 3 cups frozen strawberries and 3 ripe bananas (or the other way around- 3 cups ripe strawberries and 3 frozen bananas- both ways are insanely good). you have to try it. i use about a 1/3-1/2 cup water to get my blender going. it's just so simple but it reminds me of Rita's when I'd get strawberry Misto shakes!! ahaha

• yummmmm. yes i totally love frozen strawberries and bananas. lately i have been able to get fresh strawberries ppetty cheap so i'm mowing down on those. sooo good. my favorite combonation right now for sure., is strawberry and bananas yum yum yum!! :)i really like your poher smoothie too, i was addicted for a while, the ones with the grapes too. i haven't tried it with frozen bananas yet. i think i definatley must try it, i completey trust in your smoothie creations : )

awe that's too bad about the blender. wowza, 20 minutes that's a forever blender, i feel for you. i guess it is better than nothing though, i hope a new one falls in your hands soon :)

I feel for you guys out there without a decent blender right now. I remember how it felt for my last summer when my blender broke, not fun. It was two weeks before I was able to get a new blender. I dind't really realize just how much I used my blender until I didn't have one.

Today:

2 Honeydew Melon

6 Navel Oranges

Smoothie - 5 Ataulfo Mangoes + 1 C. Coconut water

11 Blue Java (a.k.a. Ice Cream) Bananas

3 Medjool Dates

2 Honeydew Melon

http://iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

breaky: raw banana bread

lunch: raw tacos (curried lentil sprouts, lettuce, raw salsa, guacamole and olives in collard leaf wraps) - so so good, want more but trying not to overeat!!

snack: another taco ;)

dinner: curried carrot soup, salad with the soup for dressing and pistachio nuts

dessert: watermelon, raw chocolate chip cookie dough balls (http://kellysfacesmells.blogspot.com/2009/06/raw-chocolate-chip-muffins.html)

6 Navel Oranges

1 Cantaloupe

9 Ataulfo Mangoes

7 frozen bananas blended into ice cream with 120g of blueberries sprinkled on top

• Breakfast- Go Lean Crunch with blueberries, walnuts, and coconut milk- SO delicious is the best and it tastes sooooo delicious!

Snack- One slice of Whole Wheat 9 Grain bread with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

Lunch- Quinoa with olives, mint, and green onions. And flax seeds chips

Dinner- Green smoothie: 5 Juiced carrots, a handful of spinach, strawberries, pineapple, and banana with a scoop of VEGA protein powder (which made it kinda nasty to drink) AND Chinese Cabbage Salad

breakfast: strawberry, banana, hemp seed smoothie\

snack: two vegan, gluten-free sugar cookies - i knew these would go poorly but i was having a rough morning and my boss got them for me as a consulation prize. they went poorly.

lunch: leftover raw tacos (yes, i'm obSESSED)

dinner: raw chili (will post recipe soon, was delicious!) with some walnut-almond "meat"

dessert: raw sugar cookie take 1

soon to be eaten: salad

• today i had

strawberries 2 bananas and a head of romaine..blended and eaten like..soup

quarter of a watermelon

blueberries blended and orange and 4 dates on top of 2 cut up bananas

then a blend of romaine lettuc,e about a 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, three sticks of celery, red pepper, with soem more cut up celery and red pepper and strawberries.

then i'll probabaly have some oranges later and some dates

:)

i've kind of fallen apart the past few days with eating. i've just been so depressed and fill the void with unhealthy, cooked foods! my best friend left for college on sunday and i just don't know how to be happy without him!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Really sorry to hear that joannabanana - I know it's hard being parted from people you love.

Get back on the wagon with one of your grape smoothies - they're great!

Thinking of you and sending you lots of happy vibes! Take care. :-)

• awe :( i feel for you, good byes are sooo sad. don't be too hard on yourself. like sv3 said, have a grape smoothie, and your spirits will get better. i find it really hard to get back on track if i slip too much. but a little isn't so bad. i'm thinking of you and also sending some good vibes :) cheers pretty lady!

thanks sv3, colleen, and lulushka! i'm trying to hang in there. it's just been like a double whammy because the cooked food has made me SO sick. i've been doing saline flushes twice a day for all the mucus i have now, but it doesn't help that all the pollen is out now haha what a week!

today has been a good food day.

2 mangoes

7 small bananas

1/2 cup strawberries

1.5 pink lady apples

1/3 cup grapes

1 pineapple

2 oranges

1/2 avocado with a huge salad of the usual (various vegetables, greens, lemon juice, and bragg's)

breaky: flax banana pancake with strawberries and banana slices

lunch: raw chili

snack: raw bite size brownies

dinner: portabello mushroom streaks and cauliflower mash "potatoes"

dessert: bite size brownies

will post all the recipes soon, they were delicious

hey lulushka,

how do you pick good canteloupes/tell when they're ripe? I really want some and they're in the stores but I have no clue how to tell which will be good