Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• banana cherry strawberry blackberry almond milk ice cream

oat groats with vanilla and agave

some pineapple

Green juice of romaine and golden delish

Chia pudding with banana strawberry and cinnamon.. my new love!

4 deliciousss dried figs

• Today is my first raw day ever!

For breakfast I had: Shake with carrot, broccoli sprouts, strawberries and frozen cherries.

Snack: Raw casher bar and banana

Lunch: Salad with purple cabbage, yellow squash, avocado and goji berries and pecans

Snack: orange

I don't know what to do for protein!!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

marraw, your food looks great!! don't worry, you get enough protein just by eating what you ate today.

• Yesterday:

Smoothie: 2 large kale leaves + 1/2 of a pineapple + a banana

"Banana-Mango Pudding" (simply, two bananas blended with one champagne mango)

Banana

Lots of strawberries

More pineapple (no idea how much)

Apple

Today:

Same smoothie as yesterday

Later I will have half a head of Romaine lettuce with a sauce made of champagne mango, tomatoes, celery, and cilantro

Then I will have a mono meal of bunches of bananas :)

• Today--- I ate

So far -Breakfast - one grapefruit, one mango, 2 apples, a green fruit smoothie made with blueberries, bananas and 4 handfuls of spinach. I need a lot of raw food and I spread it out over a couple of hours. I have been eating all raw for more than 10 years.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yesterday I had:

banana (pre gym)

dates (post gym)

green smoothie (banana, blueberries & spinach)

'rice' pudding made with chai seeds & cashew milk

crudit

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Yesterday:

14 cups of chopped Pineapple

10 medium Bananas

2 medium sized Galal Apples w/4 Medjool Dates blended with 1 Tbs. of Raw Carob powder for sauce

4 cups of spinach w/2 cups of sliced Mango

Today:

40 fl oz. of fresh OJ

70 fl oz. of honey tangerine juice

Just drank 30 more fl oz. of Honey Tangerine Juice. This stuff is addicitng! :-D

• from what ive read your protein is coming from the greens so make sure you eat them. and i also hear spirulina is high in protein. add some nuts and seeds and you'll have more than enough

• Smoothie: fresh oj (organic but store bought), strawberries (organic), kiwis

1/2 banana (organic)

Green tea

Salad: spinach, 20 raw almonds, 1/2c lentils, 2 tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (all organic)

lots of water all day

Salad: mixed greens, 1/4c black olives, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 red onion, 1/2 cucumber, squeeze of lemon juice (raw but not organic....store bought pkged salad)

topped with 1tbsp ea of shelled flaxseed, hemp hearts and sunflower seeds (all raw organic)

Strawberries (about 1c) (organic) and one peach.

This is my first week as a 100% raw vegan. I enjoyed being vegan with 50/50, usually raw during the day and cooked in evening. Then I strayed back to the dark side and took on the eating habits of my room mates. Now I am paying for it lol. I am excited to get back on track. I've never gone raw before, but after much research I feel I can really benefit from it. I can't wait to get my energy back, lose the allergies and just feel right. At this time as well I believe I am suffering from candida overload! so I'm taking some strong probiotics.

As a newbie I have a quick question: Is green tea considered raw?

• Yesterday I had 8 bananas.

I know I should have had more to get more calories but I just couldn't do it. My stomach is still adapting.

So today we'll aim for more :)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

So far today:

canteloupe smoothie with left over chunks on the side

fruit salad with kiwis, grapes, mango, pineapple, melon & canteloupe

carrot & hummus

olive bean pate on baby gems leaves

banana & raisins

• Yesterday I had 6 bananas --two eaten whole, two eaten as a "pudding" (blended up), two frozen and blended into "banana ice cream"

Almost a half of a watermelon

and a bunch of grapes :)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Been a bit naughty over the bank holiday weekend as was staying with friends in London and over did it on the wine.

Anyway, no matter, back on track today:

lemon water

green smoothie (spinach, bananas, blueberries, tsp cacao)

banana & raisins

chopped apples, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, hazelnuts & raisins topped with chia seed sauce

big slice of cinnamon roll

later I'm having steamed mixed veggies with pesto

Yesterday:

A medium Pineapple

Bananas - 9

Mangos - 5 cups

Blueberries - 1 cup

Cantaloupe -12 cups

Honeydew - 2 cups

So far today

Smoothie: 2 large Bananas, 2.5 cups chopped & frozen Mango, handful each of Strawberries and Raspberries

11 Navel Oranges

Have no clue what I am going to have for dinner yet.

• Yesterday I had the juice of two oranges

4 bananas

some red grapes

strawberries

part of an apple (for some reason my stomach just wouldn't take the whole thing)

and a mixture of: corn, champagne mango, tomato, zucchini and cilantro wrapped up in romaine lettuce leaves :)

today I've eaten two oranges, I'll be making a strawberry-banana-pineapple smoothie for lunch, then more romaine wraps for dinner, and bananas later!

tweedie, how good are champagne mangoes?!?!? i absolutely love them!! i usually buy the regular green and red ones, but when i saw the yellow ones, i was intrigued. they are so sweet and delicious!! i had two yesterday in a mixed berry/banana smoothie. pure heaven.

• Rawaholic--

holy crap how do you eat all that? haha. I am trying SO hard to get even halfway to that point, and my stomach just isn't having it! I worry a lot that I'm not going to get enough calories (I know that I don't) and that it will affect my health, but I seriously can't seem to get my stomach to take in any more food. How long did it take you to get up to eating that much fruit?

• joannabanana--

Oh I know! Regular mangoes are great, but the champagne mangoes are even better; I haven't been able to get enough of them. I've been buying them almost everyday!

• flodadolflodadol Raw Newbie

Whole pineapple

2 bananas

1 gallon water

Nothing for 12 hours so far, 10 day fast, here I come.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

yesterday - started well but went down hill by evening!

buckwheat porridge with chopped apple and blueberries

few dried apricots

hummus with chopped carrots, peppers, cucumber & cherry toms

chia 'rice' pudding

thai veggie curry with steamed brown rice

couple of rice cakes and handful of crisps

few sqaures of choc (not raw but vegan at least)

today - so far..

pint of green juice (cucumber, romaine, celery, apple, lemon & ginger)

green smoothie (spinach, banana, blueberries)

lunch will be the same as yesterday (hummus & veggies)

got curried lentil crackers and mango chutney for pm snack

may have buckwheat porridge for my dinner as really fancy it...

also made a batch of kale chips last night so I'm bound to have a few of them later!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yesterday:

Green smoothie - pineapple, banana & baby gem lettuce

Fruit salad - mango, apples, banana, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, raisins

Cheesy kale chips

Curried lentil cracker & mango chutney

Cheeseless veggie pizza

So Far Today:

Fresh juice - apple, carrot & lettuce

Green smoothie - pineapple, banana & baby gem lettuce

Later:

Fruit salad - mango, apples, banana, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, raisins

Chia 'rice' pudding

• Breakfast: tons of grapes, 3-4 figs with almond butter with honey on a slice of ezekiel bread (yes, i know it's not raw)

Lunch: banana, orange, kiwi, apricot (all organic)

Snack: random raw surprise: hemp seeds, dates, cacao, coconut butter, and some other stuffs to make a sort of cake

Dinner: will probably make some sort of seitan dish (yes, i know it's not raw)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

First peaches of the season!!! Picked 'em myself yesterday afternoon...just delicious. :)

Breakfast: 10 banana smoothie

Lunch: 10 banana smoothie

Dinner: ~15 small-medium Sugar Crop peaches, followed by 1lb tomatoes, 1 English cucumber, and 1/2 small avocado

swayze, do you have a peach tree?? i used to have one at my old house and my family and i would get so excited when we could pick peaches!

let's see...

breakfast- smoothie of 3 bananas, 1 pineapple, 2 oranges

lunch- smoothie of 6 bananas and about 4 cups strawberries

dinner- salad of my garden's bounty (romaine, iceberg lettuce, red leaf lettuce, and buttercrunch lettuce- all are so delicious!) with 1/3 cups carrots, 1/3 cup red pepper, 1/3 cup green beans, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 cup celery, 2 sundried tomatoes, bragg's, and a little olive oil

dessert- 2 bananas, 6 dates, 1 cup grapes, and 1/3 cup strawberries

also drank a lot of coconut water today!!! i'm totally addicted to the stuff.

No, I pick at an orchard a few miles from my home. They grow peaches, nectarines, strawberries, plums, blackberries, blueberries, apples...it's wonderful. :)

We actually had two when we first moved in, but they were already dying. They used to be a common site in backyards in this area. I would grow one if we could, we have the room, but there just isn't enough sunshine. :(

Swayze

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Obsessed with coconut water too!!

Yesterday

B- kiwi and red grapes

L - strawberries, veggies & hummus

D - Green smoothie and later half a watermelon and more kiwi mmm

Today

B- Green smoothie

L - salad (fresh lettuce from the garden! ) with broccoli and a splash of evoo/balasamic

S - organic raspberries & apricots

D - Another salad and bananas for dessert

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

It's been quiet round here recently....hope everyone's well?

Anyhoo yesterday I had...

buckwheat porridge with raspberries and blueberries

carrots & cucumber sticks with hummus and a couple of cherry toms on the side

red grapes and strawberries

baked sweet potato with simple corn and sweet pepper salad

couple of carob pods

Today so far...

green smoothie of bananas, strawberries and spinach

'rice pudding' (chia seeds and hemp milk)

steamed veggies and pesto

I'm going out for dinner so who knows...:-)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

smoothie: mango, pineapple, banana and spinach

carrots and hummus

chopped apples, pineapple, mango, banana, hemp & pumpkin seeds and raisins topped with soya yoghurt

corn and flax crackers

dinner is tapas out with friends! (so probably not raw)

Very strange day yesterday. I kept finding myself hungry in between meals and going to the kitchen for more fruit. I figured I had just worked out really tough the day before (early morning workout, dog walk, afternoon tennis) and so I needed more calories.

It finally dawned on me that I had cut my second meal by half: I had only one 5 banana smoothie instead of two! Just more proof that calories really DO matter! :)

So here's all that I ate:

June 24

10am: 10 banana smoothie

2pm: 5 banana smoothie

4pm: 5-8 medium peaches

6pm: 17-20 peaches, followed by 1lb tomatoes, 1 English cucumber

9pm: 5-8 peaches, 3 ataulfo mangoes

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com