Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

green smoothie: banana, spinach, forzen blueberries and raspberries, maca

melon and grapes

steamed mixed veg and pesto with nutritional yeast

got more melon and a banana for my pre-gym snack later

couple of dates for post gym recovery

dinner will be quinoa and sweet potato chilli (not raw)

• Breakfast was green mango pudding, Later had zucchini noodles, neat balls with the spicy Thai dressing from this site. A local Ga. peach and my first fig of the season!

• breakfast: 4 small jonathan apples, 2 T natural peanut butter (not raw)

lunch: three banana smoothie w/ chocolate powder

snack: 1 apple, 1 banana

dinner will be another 4 banana smoothie and carrots

• breakfast: 4 small jonathan apples, 2 T natural peanut butter (not raw)

lunch: three banana smoothie w/ chocolate powder

snack: 1 apple, 1 banana

dinner will be another 4 banana smoothie and carrots

• Today (as of yet)

Breakfast: fruit salad : blueberries, strawberries, grapes, banana (all organic but the blueberries) with a drizzle of coconut milk and maple syrup

Lunch: coconut-berry-banana smoothie : blueberries, strawberries, banana, coconut milk, 4 dates, a bit of maple syrup, ice :D mmmm

Yesterday:

Breakfast: pineapple-banana-coconut smoothie

Lunch: Went to Rockin' Raw Cafe in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and ate "crab" cakes for an appetizer, eggplant parm for an entree, and had a cacaomaca shot

"Snack": Wheat grass shot in Manhattan at the Farmer's Market

Dinner? (more like dessert): chocolate lucuma cheesecake that I got from Rockin' Raw to go because I was full after my meal; ate it on the train ride home :D Most decadent and delicious dessert I've ever had in my life

Om nom nom.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Vegaddict, that's ALL you eat?

• This is such a good idea!

Breakfast:

Ezekiel cereal, blueberries, goji berries, hemp seeds, brazilian nut milk.

Lunch:

Ezekial wrap, tons of veggies, raw veggie patty

snack:

Raw brownie I got from this site! So good:

rawliscious-brownies-chocolate-cake

Dinner:

Big green salad

Snack:

Cheesy Kale chips, I just posted the recipe:

best-cheesy-kale-chips

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

So far today..

smoothie: banana, lettuce, frozen blueberries and strawberries, maca & carob

couple of cups of mixed mellon and grapes

lunch will be mixed veggies and pesto.

got a banana for my pre-gym snack and a couple of dates for afterwards.

dinner will be sweet potato and chickpea stew (not raw).

evening snack will probably be my home made curried lentil crackers and mango chutney..lovely!

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

Long time since I posted, so here goes:

3 green juices (orange, mint, lettuce and cucumber)

2 portions of chia pudding (chia and hemp milk)

Tomato and onion salad

2 large carrots with small portion of pine nut 'cheesy' dip.

Large bowl of strawberries with handful of pumpkin seeds

Handful of dried white mulberries

• greenwoodgreenwood Raw Newbie

"So far today..

smoothie: banana, lettuce, frozen blueberries and strawberries, maca & carob

couple of cups of mixed mellon and grapes

lunch will be mixed veggies and pesto.

got a banana for my pre-gym snack and a couple of dates for afterwards.

dinner will be sweet potato and chickpea stew (not raw).

evening snack will probably be my home made curried lentil crackers and mango chutney..lovely!"

mmmmmm...sv3.. wish I had been your house guest today! Did you make the mango chutney yourself? Have you got a recipe? I'm finishing off what was in the cupboard and freezer before shop tommorrow so dinner is roasted potatoes (spiced with cajun) and a veggie burger.I also am having 3 little vegetable spring rolls and some sweetcorn. I had a banana for breakfast and 2 kiwis as a snack. The last ever day of processed!

Do you need a dehydrator for your cracker recipe?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks greenwood, I do love mango chutney and made this batch myself.

I basically mixed chopped fresh mango, garlic, ginger and a couple of soaked dates in my food processor until it mashed up a bit. Dead simple but tasty.

I did use a dehydrator for my crackers...you can find the recipe here:

http://goneraw.com/recipe/curried-lentil-crackers

If you don't have a dehydrator, you could always make them in your oven on a v low heat.

How exciting that it's your last day of processed - good luck!

Today so far I've enjoyed:

green smoothie - spinach, banana, blueberries, maca

chia pudding (made with hemp milk and a couple of dates) - my latest addiction!

carrots, sweet peppers, cuc and cherry toms with hummus

apple and few dried apricots

Yes sv my last ever day of processed! I hope so much this will detox the eczema away!

Well I have not long come back from Lidl and stocked up on fresh fruit and vegetables/salad. I got:

big bag of organic carrots, 5 red peppers, bunch of organic fair trade bananas, 2 boxes of flat mushrooms, a bunch of spring onions, a box red of plums, a huge bag of spinach, 3 cartons of multivitamin tropical juice, 2 cartons of red grape juice, a big bag of unsalted mixed nuts, 4 tins of mixed beans in water, a basil plant. That came to

Well I had my high raw dinner and it was very tasty and filled me up nicely! I made a big salad of:

spinach

grated organic carrot

1 chopped spring onion

1/3 sliced red pepper

china rose radish sprouts- I hadn't tried them before and mmmm really tasty!

hummus ( the only cooked item)

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Today was a great day because I finally bust out my juicer after quite some time!

B - green juice - farmer's market lettuce, cucumber, organic celery, apple, ginger, & lemon.

L - bowl upon bowl of strawberries and bananas

S - handful of almonds

D - watermelon! They are on sale and I sorta bought too many and have no where to store them. I need to get eating.

• New to raw and the forum but have been reading for about a week... I love this topic! You all have inspired me with your daily plans and I am almost 100% raw. Thank you everyone!

Breakfast- mashed banana, 1/2 tblsp almond butter, chopped dates, and golden raisins

Lunch- green smoothie (banana, apple juice, pineapple, spinach, and kale)

Snack- Spinach soup (spinach, 2 cucumbers, sea salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, cashews, almond milk)

Dinner- avocado,1/2 tomato, 1/4 onion, lime juice.

Steamed green beans and corn

Snack- handful of grapes and about 1 cup cantaloupe.

Today was a pretty good day :)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Yesterday, July 8:

10am: 10 banana smoothie

2pm: 10 banana smoothie

8:30pm: 6 ataulfo mangoes, followed by ~2 lbs of heirloom tomatoes (from my "tomato guy" Keith at the market!) and 1/2 a medium avocado

I don't like to start eating that late, since I go to bed at about 9:30pm, but I had a meeting. Had to make sure to get my calories in! And I still slept just fine. :)

Swayze

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Sounds awesome, Swayze. I have been getting lots of blueberries here, so good and in season!!! I think one more week til we get really ripe heirlooms in, love, love, love them! Of course I have as many 'naners as you do, too. :)

"Breakfast- mashed banana, 1/2 tblsp almond butter, chopped dates, and golden raisins"

OOH Missa- you have inspired me...I was wondering if I mashed a banana with my cashew butter and some chopped nuts and dried fruit that would be good...I shall try it sometime!

Today I had a banana and a handful of mixed nuts for breakfast. Didn't have lunch as was out having my food intoleranced test.

For dinner I had the same as last night except alfafa sprouts and the addition of some basil leaves.I wasn't keen on the alfafa though- the other sprouts were much nicer.

I'll have some organic cherries later- picked up the organic order today after the test.

I found out my intolerances:

High intolerance:

soya

sugar

sweetcorn

cow's milk

whey

cow's yoghurt

baked beans (probably due to the sugar and additives in them- (I am fine with pure beans)

Coffee, including the non water method decaffeinated

Low intolerance:

bran

wheat

yeast

cow's cheese

eggs

coffee- water method decaff

foods that not that good for me:

mushrooms

onions (the cooking ones not spring ones)

This means to have them not that often

Sob ..sob

• Greenwood- you should absolutely try it! This is by far my favorite thing to eat. I eat it practically every day with just a few variations so I don't get bored.

Today:

Breakfast- apple(addicted to pink ladys) non raw peanutbutter

Snack- avocado salad with lots of greens on the side

Lunch- 2 dot mangos(no strings at all!! Super delish!), strawberries, grapes in a bowl

Dinner- 2 slices of roasted potatoes, green salad with baby spring mix, extra spinach, romaine, and kale plus some cherry tomatoes!

Snack- mashed banana with almond butter and chopped almonds

Well I haven't drank any coffee...missing it a lot but the lady who did my intolerance test said to cut it out for 2 weeks and give the eczema chance to heal on my wholefood/high raw diet. She said I can try it later on and see if I can tolerate organic water method decaff when I'm not so inflamed. It's not the cause of eczema- it seems additives, preservatives and sugar were the cause but when one is inflamed coffee can aggravate it as with the other foods I'm intolerant to. Of course I've cut all them out- some I had already stopped. The eczema is less red today- that's after 2 days of being on my new diet and using hemp oil and cream on the eczema.

Missa- I'm waiting for those bananas to ripen! I have just had a kiwi fruit, an apricot and a plum for breakfast. Most of the plums are not ripe yet either! I'm drinking the Lidl tropical juice also. My mango isn't ripe yet either!

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Greenwood, I never thought I could give up coffee until I replaced it with a green smoothie and lots of fresh fruit in the morning..try it, you might find you don't even crave it anymore! I have had eczema and acne and very red, splotchy skin and I'd like to think giving up coffee helped it go away along with lots of fruits and juices. I used to drink 3 cups a day..the stronger the better! I haven't really researched the effects of caffeine and the skin but it makes sense if the caffeine is that hard on your body, its only going to come thru your skin just as harshly. I could never stand tea either but it has really grown on me. :)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Today:

Green smoothie - banana, spinach, strawberries, raspberries and maca

melon (honeydew and cantaloupe) and grapes

few dried apricots (getting a bit addicted to these)

steamed veggies and pesto with nutritional yeast

later I've got my spicy sweetcorn & flax crackers for a snack

..and probably a few more dried apricots...at least they're organic. :-)

Have a great weekend everyone!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

superfood2, the toms are soooo good! And it was really great to go back to the market this year and have lots of vendors remember me from last summer and say hi. I mean, it's not that surprising...I buy more produce from them than even the local restaurants do! :D

Swayze

"Greenwood, I never thought I could give up coffee until I replaced it with a green smoothie and lots of fresh fruit in the morning..try it, you might find you don't even crave it anymore! I have had eczema and acne and very red, splotchy skin and I'd like to think giving up coffee helped it go away along with lots of fruits and juices. I used to drink 3 cups a day..the stronger the better! I haven't really researched the effects of caffeine and the skin but it makes sense if the caffeine is that hard on your body, its only going to come thru your skin just as harshly. I could never stand tea either but it has really grown on me. :)

Kitty"

I can't make a green smoothie as I haven't a food processer but a smoothie maker- it wouldn't blend up leaves. Green juice doesn't appeal to me- I'd rather eat the leaves in a salad. I was only drinking decaff coffee- the holistic therapist who did my test said I should be able to re introduce it later on. I'm missing the taste- I keep going to make one then remember I'm not to at the moment! I could never drink tea- it makes me retch- I've hated it for 42 years. I tried the coffee substitues in the past eg dandelion but didn't like them. I'm looking into trying to make a carob drink. I like the carob powder- just made the carob snowball recipe that's on here- it was mmmmmm. Carob is also caffeine free and full of nutrients like iron and calcium.

Sounds like you had a good feed up sv3! I had a massive salad for supper- basil leaves, spinach, organic curly lettuce, red pepper, bean sprouts, spring onions, hummus and some steamed organic baby spuds (I left the skin on with some earthy soil..tasty!).

I made the carob snowballs later on and ate 3...scrumptious!

• Breakfast: Green lemonade (kale,celery,apple, ginger)

Snack: half honeydew

Lunch: large salad w/vinegar oil dressing, Lara Bar

Snack: Green lemonade, raw chips

Dinner: pasta (not raw)

• the_chumanathe_chumana Raw Newbie

Greenwood- have you tried replacing your coffee with herbal teas? I quit coffee cold turkey 2 years ago, it was a hard choice to make, but I've felt better everyday since! I no longer drink the teas everyday, the habit is gone. I liked roasted dandelion root, not raw, but way better for you then coffee. Try spiced teas or ginger tea. Also, chicory is a great alternative. If you have eczema problems, I recommend wheatgrass juice. If you don't have a juicer, you can still get the benefits! Apply a poultice made of chopped or pureed wheatgrass to your face, that will help with your skin disorders. You can also chew on the wheatgrass and gain the benefits! Just make sure you spit it out! Its the chepaest and best medicine you can grow!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

green juice - kale, celery, apple, cucumber, red gem lettuce, lemon, ginger

half a small cantaloupe

carrots, cucumber, peppers, cherry toms with hummus

chia pudding

baby banana

veggie stew (not raw)

gonna make some blueberry choc banana ice cream now...Mmmm!

"Greenwood- have you tried replacing your coffee with herbal teas? I quit coffee cold turkey 2 years ago, it was a hard choice to make, but I've felt better everyday since! I no longer drink the teas everyday, the habit is gone. I liked roasted dandelion root, not raw, but way better for you then coffee. Try spiced teas or ginger tea. Also, chicory is a great alternative."

Ugh I hate tea of any kind except the past few days I've been able to drink fennel tea as it is has a very aniseedy flavour which I quite like and hasn't that "tea" taste I cannot abide. I tried the spiced teas, including ginger- didn't like them.

I tried those dandelion and chicory coffees years ago and didn't like them. I have to admit I have had 2 cups of coffee the past few days (decaff) I was going mad! I will be having it for breakfast again in a few weeks when I'm all cleared up with the eczema- but organic, water method decaff. It hasn't caused the eczema- additives in processed food did that.

" If you have eczema problems, I recommend wheatgrass juice. If you don't have a juicer, you can still get the benefits! Apply a poultice made of chopped or pureed wheatgrass to your face, that will help with your skin disorders. You can also chew on the wheatgrass and gain the benefits! Just make sure you spit it out! Its the chepaest and best medicine you can grow! "

I haven't a garden for growing- will have to see if the organic shop sells it.Thanks for the tip.

sv3- have you the recipe for the icecream- it sounds mmmm!

For my supper tonight I had:

Beetroot salad- organic grated raw beetroot with organic grated carrot, 1 organic spring onion, chopped and hummus mixed in to make a kind of slaw. Served on a bed of green mixed salad leaves. 1 chopped organic tomato, 1 tablespoon of olive tapenade. Steamed organic courgettes (cute little round ones- one green, one yellow) and steamed organic baby potatoes. It was delicious.