Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Students in Philadelphia?

2»

Comments

• kaitlinkaitlin Raw Jr. Leader

That works for me. I will put it up there today.

Actually, on second thought, maybe it would make more sense if you posted it since you've led the charge on organizing this and have contact with the folks on the other message board. I'm just thinking that if people have questions/conflicts, you'd be a better point person. If you'd rather not post it, I wouldn't mind doing it though.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Oh, I put it on the message board yesterday or the day before. The Philadelphia Raw Food Meetup group. I can't post an event, though. I guess the organizer can. I will ask them to! I said around 1 p. :)

Guys, BIG DEAL HERE!!! the place is closed on the 12th of september. I just saw it on their website. :(

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Hi wildlyprecise,

I am a student and Drexel University, and I have been looking for raw students in Philly as well! I have been raw for 1.5 years, I have 1 raw friend and Penn and 1 raw friend who also goes to Temple (as well as someone interested at Drexel). Please send me an email, I would love to get to know you and possibly meet eventually at a potluck or something. My email address is mcgrath.jon@gmail.com, cya!

• the59soundthe59sound Raw Newbie

Sup. Been raw for a year, I'm from Philadelphia. I cycle, work, and play in this city. You can contact me if you'd like someone to run with, or someone to train with. But I would not like to sit around and eat high fat foods and talk about how much energy a maca smoothie gives one. :)

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Lol, yo 59 I also run regularly, I would be psyched out to run with you if you live in the area. I live around Broad and South, send me an email at the address I mentioned in my previous comment

Kaitlin, if you want to reschedule, let me know.

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Hey SF, I just read that you're in West Philly - do you know Victor? He had a potluck there a while back

I saw that potluck posted but couldn't make it because I had other plans that night. I'm not in West Philly anymore, either. What part of Philly are you in?

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Right now I live near Broad and South, I'll be moving near 32nd and Market at the end of September.

Cool, hopefully you can make it to the next meetup and it will be biking or walking distance!!!

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

Yes, we can eat bananas together lol. I might try doing something at my place sometime. If I do, I will post on both meetup.com and here.

haha. But not too many bananas! :)

Hey Superfood2, I'd love to reschedule if there's a time that works for everyone. It would be helpful for me to meet as early in the fall as possible since things will start getting crazy as the academic year picks up.

What about Saturday, September 19 at Oasis as a new meetup day?

Kaitlin, you can email me if you want to schedule a day, but I'm hesitant to try to network with all of these other people, because none have responded to my request to reschedule, and it's been a while. I also wonder sometimes how safe it is to put online in a public forum where a select few people are going to meet and the time.....I have at least one person who could probably make it with me. I don't know about Sept. 19th. I could swear I had something that day but now I can't find what it was. Grr!!!

Okay, that's understandable. Hopefully we'll cross paths in the future. Take care!

• i'm in philly as well. has anyone here been to the kind cafe? my friend told me about it but i haven't gotten the chance to go yet.

I think Kind Cafe was shut down over 5 years ago!

• no way! bummer. thanks anyway!

Yeah, I was excited when I first moved here to check it out but found out it no longer existed. :(