Skin rash

I know skin rashes are common for detox.

I am getting a horrible one though. It is covering my entire stomach and spreading down my legs and around to my back. It is all over my neck and throat and the underside of my arms. Some of the rash looks like someone scratched me hard and there are welts and raised areas. It's on my hips and my shoulders. It is very very very bad. It also just sprang up out of nowhere in the last couple of days when starting to be 70-90% raw. There is a one in a billion chance that I caught something, though from where or from what I have no idea since nothing has changed except my diet. Is it normal to get this extensive of a rash?

Oh and I should add that the areas of redness and welts....which is a large portion of my body now..are warm to the touch. Warmer than the areas not showing and rash.

Comments

• Chef ShuannaChef Shuanna Raw Newbie

I have had small rashes due to detox but nothing like that. Especially ones that are warm to the touch. I dont know what your insurance situation is but you should get it checked out. It certainly wouldnt hurt. You could also try calling a nurses hotline at your local hospital and they can tell you if its bad enough to warrant a Dr.s visit.

Now that I come to think about it my old roomate had that happen in ALL the areas your talking about and even with the heat This happened about 4 months ago. I had her call the nurses hotline and it ended up going away about 3-4 days later. I had her bath in baking soda though. About 1/4 cup in a bathtub. Its what the nurses suggested as well. Good luck...keep us updated!

• I don't want to alarm you but...could it be shingles? I've had them and they came out of nowhere as well. I asked my doctor about it and she said she usually sees maybe 3 cases a year and she had seen over 20 cases in 6 months (don't know what that's about!)!

I always thought shingles were an 'old' person's affliction or for someone with a compromised immune system...I'm over 50 but don't consider that old :-)...

Check online for some pictures of shingles...if they look like what you have you probably need to get to a doctor...

• Hmmm...I'm strongly considering the baking soda bath. Anything would be good to help out.

I don't think it's shingles, it doesn't look as ...mmm....patchy. Then again, looking at pictures on the internet, they all look so different. It's not painful, just really damn itchy. I have $0 for a dr and no health insurance so I usually avoid going to one until the last moment. I will do some more research on them though. :(

I do know that I am detoxing a bit, of course, and I have candida issues. I'm wondering if the candida is just ....coming out....now with a bit more of a chance to affect my skin or what.