Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

most helpful recipe book to go raw....for families?

The most helpful recipe book to go raw? Sure it can be yours! Talk it up! I have promised myself not to buy anything this year, but this change needs help and supplies. I must go very light and easy. Maybe I am not searching enough? Maybe I should be posting in the family section? This seems hard to plan for the most part. I can't get a handle on eating eggplant that takes me 2 days to prepare. I am rambling...

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I can't tell you how much I love the 80/10/10 book. It's basically about a raw vegan way of life and I learned SOO much from it. All the food you eat in the book is very simple and takes minimal preparation.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

The two books I really like are 'Raw Food Made Easy' by Jennifer Cornbleet and 'Ani's Raw Food Kitchen' by Ani Phyo. I've picked up so many great recipes from this site though, I'm not sure I'll buy any more raw books.

I am interested in the 80/10/10 book, but maybe it's something I'll come to later down the line.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

I am a mom of two kids ages 3.5 and 2 and I must say I love Ani Phyos easy recipes so simple and quick. I also liked some dvds I rented from a local organic food store they were by Brigette Mars and Jennifer Cornbleet. Although Raw Food Real World and the other book by Mathew himself are a little complicated some stuff is way simple and I find that their recipes turn out wonderful and are worth the extra effort when your up to it.

Some things I keep on hand for quick eating are raw nori wraps and kelp noodles all you need is cut up veggies with either of those and a quick blended dressing and you have an awesome meal.

Oh and I only use this site and the library I have yet to buy a raw food book b/c I just check them out when I need a little extra inspiration. See also if there is a raw food community in your area maybe yall can get together for book swaps.

Namaste

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Jennifer Cornbleet's book is great for simple, easy recipes. Also, I agree that having a few "staple" items like nori rolls and kelp noodles are perfect for busy days with families. I am in the process of creating a quick-family ebook recipe, but it won't be done for a few months yet. My goal is for it to be like a busy mom's guide to raw food. I , hopefully, have done alot of the trial and error stuff over the last few years and am ready to share what I have learned, so it will be easier for others.

YouTube is also a great way to get recipes, and there are so many people doing raw blogs now that alot of times if I don't find a recipe I am looking for on goneraw, I just google it and something will usually come up.

Good luck!

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

ditto on jenny cornbleets book. It is still my most used book on raw. Check out thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com. she sells ebooks of recipes and everything has notes and photos which are really helpful. Her recipes range from easy to several days prep. but of all the one's I've tried they've all been winners.

• A lot of people always recommend "Raw Food, Real World", and while yes, it's fabulous, the recipes are not that quick and can be quite costly (I think my total for one recipe was around $50 once). However, it is the only book where there hasn't been one recipe I've made that didn't blow me away! OK, so for a fabulous and free reference site (besides this one), I have found Carmella's Sunny Raw Kitchen Blog (http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/) to be sooo helpful. I love her recipe index because she not only has pictures, but she also has tips and changes posted... Again, so far, all of her recipes have been awesome. My biggest complaint is when I buy a book, try a recipe and it's sub-par! Not only is it a waste of food, but it's a waste of money-- something that is already tight when eating this way. So yeah, now I'm the one rambling, ha, but I recommend Carmella's blog for free/good info and for awesome (never fail) recipes, I would recommend "Raw Food, Real World."

Ohhh, and podcasts on itunes are also worth checking out. It's free and some of the best things I have learned have come from listening to those podcast. While at work I just hit play and listen away... super convenient!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

lils~ I love podcasts on itunes also as well as others I have found on the internet. What are your favs? My taste runs the gamut... from TEDTalks to PBS: Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me (pure fun entertainment). "On deck" to listen to is Marianne Williamson's Miracle Thought and A Crash Course in Miracles. I have a ton of others that are also "on deck." I was listening to some "news" shows, but that phase is OVER! lol Thank goodness these are digital or my "nightstand" would be buried. 80) Recently I found out iTunes also has free audiobooks... not going there for a bit but good to know. I love my MP3 player!

Happy listening, learning, and exploring.

• Free audio books!? I'm headed to the itunes store right away! ha, I love audio books too. A few Podcast that I listen to regularly are; We like it raw, Rawkin radio, Tri-talk radio, and Fitness and Figure talk radio

Oh and what about utube!? I love watching Ani Phyo's raw cooking videos... Those are so helpful!