Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How long do dehydrated cookies last?

Hello Everyone,

I hope your day is going well

Usually when making cookies I just skip the dehydrating, and store them in the fridge - I like to keep the naturally occuring moisture and I currently don't own a dehydrator.

We are going to buy a dehydrator soon because I want to start making cookies and bars so that I can store them for longer time periods (not in the freezer). So my question is, if properly sealed, how long would a non- refridgerated, non-frozen cookie last if dehydrated? I have absolutely no dehydrator knowledge at this time and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

B

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I usually have my crackers, breads, and cookies for about a week. They still taste fine and I keep mine in ziploc baggies.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

The longer you dehydrate, teh longer they will last.

I remembrer a long time ago, about 4 years ago, without even being a raw foodist, I made raw cookies, banana and something-or-other, and they only lasted 3 days and then got mold on them, the fuzzy type.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

I agree with the above post they last about a week then they get kinda stale even if they are not moldy.

What kind of dehydrator are you getting? We had an Excalibur but are now saving for the stainless steel one. Sold the excalibur a few months back trying to minimize the plastic in our lives.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

i always store mine in the fridge anyway, just to keep the nutrients intact longer and extend their life cycle. I say cookies left out can go for 3 days, depending on chewiness. and crisp crackers for 5 days, double that if their in the fridge. But really, when does a batch of cookies last longer than a few days... ;)

• Thanks for all of the replies. I guess I won't be able to sell my RAW cookies at the local health food store, unless they can last longer then 3 days. I wanted to help promote RAW cookies/snacks so people have options around here other then the butter and sugary filled cookies, booo. Between my sweetheart and I, we can easily eat RAW cookies up fast :D In addition I wanted to make some and carry them with me while I travelled in the weeks ahead. Oh well.

Once again, thank you for your input.

Blessings

B

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

maybe it is a personal thing but I have loved many recipes before they have been dehydrated. cookies and such are GREAT when they are the raw dough but so so when they are dry and more cookie like. weird but true. and the things like eggplant and kale are so good dehydrated.