Moose in Ice

Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Hello everyone,

Yesterday watching the news, there was a story of a Moose that had fallen through ice in Alaska and how it had been rescued by people who risked their own lives and took hours to get the poor Moose out.

I also have friends who volunteer at animal shelters and do other amazing things to help cats and dogs...

and I know that these same people go home and happily eat burgers and pork roast. Does anyone else find this ironic? I simply wonder why more people dont make the connection...

Comments

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

This has been perplexing me for almost 2 decades - it seems that they can not handle seeing an animal in pain and/or suffering however, they purposely turn a blind eye to the inhumane (such an ironic word) and deplorable conditions of factory farming.

I can rant on this for hours but I'll just leave it at that.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

I know!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Yes, it's interesting to me that humankind is empathetic toward some animals like dogs, cats, penguins, dolphins, chimps, etc., but then apathetic toward others, like cows, pigs, chickens, lobsters, mosquitos...

I think people *do* make the connection but usually choose to push it out of their consciousness, which is partly why people get so defensive when these topics come up.