Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Anyone try Blend Tec vs Vitamix?

2»

Comments

• i;m leaning towards the blendtec because i like to keep my blender out on the counter and with a small kitchen it would have to get pushed back under the cupboards, but i’m concerned about the shorter warranty. has anyone had their blendtec for a while? just wondering about reliability…

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I also researched before buying, bought the Blendtec, and regret it. It’s great for smoothies and soups, but doesn’t work at all, for me, for nut cheeses/ sauces/ stuff like that. You have to use a bit of water to get it going and it still has trouble getting things smooth. I usually use my food processor for everthing but smoothies and soups, and personally I think that makes the blendtec a bit overpriced if I’m only using it for those two things.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I’m adding my two cents again too. Previously I had raved about my blendtec. I do think it blends most things well but a year into moderate use and it is leaking oil on powerful speeds. I’m pretty irked considering the cost of this appliance. So I would advise others to take the vitamix at this point!

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

I have the blendtec too. The basic thing it needs that the vitamix has is the tamper to push the food into the blades. Then, i think it would be the better machine. I’m going to buy the vitamix tamper to try and see if it fits into the hole in the top of the blendtec jar. I think it will and that will solve the problem. Google “vitamix replacement tamper” to get yours. :)