mustard greens

teacupteacup Raw Newbie

I have a bunch because they look delicious but I have no idea what to do with them!

How do you like yours?

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Try a Recipe Advanced Search with mustard greens under "Containing the phrase". You should get about 9 or 10 recipes. Hope this gives you some ideas. Do let us know if you come up with additional ideas. Good luck.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I used to make curried greens all the time and loved them. I think this would be a good raw adaptation: slice the greens into thin strips and massage in a little olive oil. Season with mustard seeds, grated ginger, pressed garlic, cumin, salt and maybe a dash of cayenne. Wilt in the dehydrator. If you are feeling adventurous, make a little tomato chutney to serve on top. http://www.goneraw.com/node/11257

Now i am going to make these!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Daniefon, why not add your suggestion as a recipe so it's easier to find in the future. Sounds delicious.

• Mustard greens make a wonderful salad green! I dress mine with olive oil, vinegar (ACV or lemon juice), sesame oil and nama shoyu. Throw anything else you like in: cucumber, avocado, shredded carrots, marinated mushrooms. I heart mustard greens.

mom, i will make them and pay attention to the measurements so I can post it. 'thank you.

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

all of this sounds easy and delicious. i was looking for something really original, and custom to the greens but all this sounds just fine too. thanks:)

The curried greens are specific to mustard, I would only use mustard or turnip for this recipe.