Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hoping the site finally works! I'm back again!

poemommpoemomm Raw Newbie

Hi, guys. I've been on hiatus from posting for nearly 6 months(???) mostly because I tried for 3 @#$% weeks to get my recipes to upload with no luck. I'm missing you all and willing to give it another go - sorry to those who got left out in the cold. I'm back and hoping all the bugs have been worked out.

Shalom!

Naomi

Comments

• Welcome back poemomm!

I don't really know you but I have made many of your amazing recipes! You have a great talent.

Can't wait for some new ones. : )

• well its not. and i am getting tired of always having to get a new password to log in. i use the same password everytime and it never recognizes me. and i have to request a new one and blah blah blah. it stopped for awhile and now i am back to same old problem. please please fix this issue.

• where are the recepie tags??

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

At the moment things seem to be a little "off". I noticed a minor change or two this afternoon that was not there this morning, so I figure Ray is working on the site right now.

You can still get to the tags. Click Search, then Advanced Search. Click the "Recipe" check box. In the "Only in the categories" menu, scroll down to the "Tags" and highlight the desired tag. If you wish to use two or more tags at the same time, hold down the Control key and click on all the tags you want to use together. Then click "Advanced Search" at the bottom of the screen.

You might also find some useful information here: Site Use Tips and Hints

Sorry, I don't have a quick answer for the password problem. If you haven't already done so, try emailing Kandace directly (kandace at needmoredesigns.com). She's usually pretty quick with her reply. It might take a little longer right now, as Kandace and Ray are new parents -- just had her first baby a few days ago.

Please do post any additional questions you might have about "surfing" the site. There's usually someone around who can provide guidance.

• Just stay logged in. That's what I've done for a while now. I appreciate all these awesome recipes.

• MopokeMopoke Raw Newbie

Poemmom!

So nice to see you back. In fact it inspired me to take the plunge and do the whole routine of applying for new password etc so I could get back in and say hello :)

I'm sure the site is much more secure now but genuinely miss the old set up and get tired of having to scroll down past the rotating and yet rarely changed images to find the fresh news, ie the recipes

(is there a way the rotating seasonal images could be put under the new recipes ?)

I came on once before but couldn't work out how to gather my lost recipes so gave up :(

I have to say thank you emptdmom thanks posting the instructions back then but it all seemed too difficult)

Cheers Mopoke

*sigh* somehow got logged out again.

Still have recipes by other people showing when I go to my profile.

I don't know how they got there and I'm sorry if that means that somehow they have been purloined from the correct authors!

I managed to use the search function to find some of the ones I'd like to gather up again and while this worked for some of them I don't know how to get them to my profile.

I really have to congratulate all the more obviously computer literate people who have the hang of all this.

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

I have other folks recipes and none of the ones I saved from before the big changes,but not to worry.

I did print out the ones I used the most,early on.

One of my favourites being the Chocolate Cherry Icecream!

Thanks ajc and emptdmom - I went back to the tips page and managed to tab through all the recipes by name till I found the ones I authored so I have them collated now in the favourites section.

Be nice if that had two areas - one for your own recipes and one for those by other people that you'd like to have handy?

AJC --

There are about 50 recipes in your saved list. From your profile, click on the word "Recipes" (below "My Favorites"). You have 3 pages of listings. To access any threads you chose to watch, click on "Forum topics".

Mopoke --

You're most welcome. Glad I could be of help. Your personal recipes are listed behind the "Track" tab. Right now that tab includes EVERY recipe and forum topic you have authored AND those to which you have posted a reply. Ray commented several weeks ago that he knew we would like to go to a profile and see all that person's recipes together in one spot, so I hope that's one of the finer points he plans to work on in the near future.

For those personal recipes that you want to have quick access, you could post the links in the "bio" section of your profile. That way everyone could see them when they click on your profile -- just a suggestion.

Morning Mopoke -- guess we are both early birds. (I think you're 2 hours ahead of me there in Perth, so it's not too early there. 6:30 am here right now.) I must have been composing as you were posting. That's a neat idea to reorganize the Favorites. It does take a while to readjust to the upgraded site, but I personally think the benefits far outweigh the features we loved and have lost (hopefully temporarily).

Hi emtpdmom..... 8.30pm Friday night as I post.

It feels good to have collated my recipes even though I had to trawl through to page 190something to find them.

I'm sure I'll get used to it :)

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Is there something wrong with the website today? When I go onto the Forums, all the threads are missing? Yet I can view and respond to the current ones on the right side of the home page?

Check my response #4 above. You can still get to the threads through the search functions. You can also click on "more" below the list of recent postings and see all the prior postings. They're in reverse order (all 4000+ pages with the most recent posted first). Don't know what the problem is with the Forums. Ray was on for a while last evening (showed up in the "Who's Around" list). Hope he's fixing it.

Hope this helps.

• Emtpdmom,

i appreciate all the help, but this is just way too much "work" just to look around for recepies and forums etc. I really liked the old site better, but i understand progress......

I always stay logged in and everyother day it seems i am logged out some how, try to sign back on, not recognized and have to get another pass word. this has been going on since the change. it did get better for a while and now we are back to square one.

any ways, hope the problems get worked out. lots of frustration. i really like this site but the changes have in my opinion not been that great.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I miss old GoneRaw so much. 20/20 hindsight says I'll take the old problems any day. The old format was the best forum format I'd ever seen. And the searching and archiving was also perfect. It was slow for wierd reasons a lot but I wish now I had never ask for change. i wish K & R would revive the ole format and take up a donation to figure out it's stalling problems.

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

emtpdmom......."There are about 50 recipes in your saved list. From your profile, click on the word "Recipes" (below "My Favorites"). You have 3 pages of listings. To access any threads you chose to watch, click on "Forum topics"

Thanks emtpdmom,I feel rather silly now.

I thought under the recipe list was all I had.

I'm still a learner :)

No problem. We are all still learning.