Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The 80-10-10 book

sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I'd really like to read Dr. Doug Graham's 80-10-10 book, but it's quite expensive and I'm really skint at the moment.

I just wondered if anyone had an old copy they didnt want anymore or if they'd be willing to sell it to me at a bargin price?

I live in the UK but will happily pay the postage.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks!

Comments

• FeeFee Raw Master

Im interested in reading this too, but it does seem to be expensive to get over here. I'll keep my eyes open too and let you know it I find it anywhere (Im only in Blackburn)

Fee

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks Fee, i'll let you know if I manage to get hold of a copy. I could always post it to you once I've read it. :-)

• I want to read it too and can't afford it either. My local library doesn't carry it but you might have more luck from yours. Give it a try.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

bump

• FeeFee Raw Master

I went to my local library this weekend and they are trying to find it for me on an Inter Library Loan. It costs

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Think I'll do the same Fee, thanks for your update.

• JDJD

Before buying it online, I tried finding Green for Life through the library, book store and used book store and no one carried it. I was told it had something to do with being an independent seller?

• FeeFee Raw Master

Yep - no luck on the library front. Got a letter yesterday to say they were unable to obtain it or buy it. Oh well. It will have to wait until I feel in need of a treat - which better be a long time as I just treated myself to a vitamix and I wish I had done it sooner.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Oh, it's a shame the library couldnt help. Will just have to be on my wish list.

Thats so cool you got a Vitamix Fee. I'd love one but so skint at the mo it's a very distant dream. One day. :-)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Here's an overview, if you want to get started on the program now. :)

80% minimum of sweet fruits, 10% maximum of protein, and 10% maximum of fat. Most of your calories (80% or more) will come from sweet fruits. Eat tender leafy greens and non-sweet fruits, about 1 pound a day. Limit fatty foods (nuts, seeds, avocados) to 10%. Avoid salt, spices, supplements, superfoods. Limit dried foods. And don't forget the other elements of healthy living: clean air, sleep, exercise, etc.

That's really it! A great way to get started is to join this 30 day challenge I'm hosting at rawveganfitness.com. You just have to be at least 70% raw vegan. :)

Hope to see you there,

Swayze :)

• FeeFee Raw Master

I was very lucky with my vita-mix purchase SV3 - I got it from the Ideal World shopping channel during their birthday celebrations. They had it at

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Hey Fee, that did sound like a great deal. I like the idea of saving a