Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello! Taking Recipe Requests

poemommpoemomm Raw Newbie

Hey guys! So now that goneraw is letting my computer through again, I'm willing and waiting to take your requests. Need a raw recipe that tastes 'real'? I'm happy to oblige. Feel free to ask anything - I can't promise I can create literally anything but I promise to try.

Love you!

Naomi

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

So good to have you back. Can hardly wait to see what your next fabulous creation will be.

• poemommpoemomm Raw Newbie

:-D I've missed everyone. I'm still adjusting to the new format, and nervous about trying to post recipes, but I'm thowing my hat into the ring once again, because a) I've been asked to be a featured blogger on this topic, and b) I need to post creations, or I don't get inspired to develop new ones, and C) growing season is here again!!

I've not posted any recipes (not that creative in the kitchen), but I'm sure if you have problems there are plenty of others here who can offer assistance. Keep those creative juices flowing.

• Poemomm that's so nice of you to take requests! I have always enjoyed your recipes, you are so creative!!!!

I am looking for a corn chip that is actually crunchy and doesn't involve flax. Tortilla chips were always my favorite junk and I feel like nothing goes quite as well with guacamole!! There are lots of versions on here but I wanted to know if you had any tried and true ones.

Also, I really have been wanting cereal...like flaky cereal, raisin bran style. I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, you would probably be the one to figure it out!

Can't wait to hear other peoples' requests!! Thanks again!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Since I just made a batch of the cashew cheese with probiotics and rejuvelac, my husband has a request for a "fancier," more elegant cracker to go with cheese - a la Carr's water crackers, or poppy seed, that sort of thing. Almond meal a plus - I have a lot of it!

Okay! I've got some ideas brewing!!!

I think I can do a killer corn chip and bran cereal.

And

I'm working on new cracker recipes.

My new dehydrator is coming in the mail, shortly. Once it's ready to go, I'll give these a whirl.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

OK...

How about a firm-ish connected cheese layer for the top of my ultimate raw pizza, I like Shazzie's use of corn for color and firmness yet it needs that incredible buttery sour mozzarella flavor and more density. I would love to be able to get some of the veggies poking through and dried into it also. I have to stop, I'm drooling.

oooh! Okay - you'll have to give me a day or two to really brainstorm. So what you're looking for is a 'mozzarella' cheese.

Quick question: How opposed to agar or irish moss are you? Neither are truly 'raw' for purists, but as both add fiber, I'm not opposed to the use of them, personally. Using them will have a HUGE effect on mouth feel of the finished product. Let me know so I can formulate a recipe.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Just an idea, grated trumpet mushrooms! I tried a recipe on here once using them and it was amazing how much the texture resembled mozarella. Of course it'll take some work, but there's the texture.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I just had to say that when I read this, I thought it was a request for "talking recipes" here on Gone Raw. I was wondering how on earth we were going to accomplish that :) I like your idea much better....

• Poemomm,

How amazing you are to take requests. I loved all your recipes that I've tried . I can't think of any requests but I look forward to seeing what others will. And your new creations.

• Moon Pie!

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Poemomm, I know you'll work magic with these recipe requests.

I totally second Moon Pie.

moon pie? THe marshmallow filled thingy? What flavor was the 'cake? I vaguely remember these from being so jealous of all my friends who were allowed to eat them while I got 'stuck' with apricots and mangoes in my school days... LOL!

The more you can describe it, the better chance I have of hacking it....

for me, I'll be happy with the All Raw version if you can. The corn really firms up well. A little apple can act as a binder in any dehydrated recipe if that's what you need the agar for.

• i really miss sweet potato fries..if you could come up with a raw recipe for that i would be STOKED :)

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Moon Pie - I think the cookies were graham crackers, though I don't know that it matters too much.

Moon Pie - the cookies are like a light graham cracker, with a marshmallow filling. The "sandwich" is coated with chocolate.

I've almost got the moon pies done

the marshmallow filling.... ugh double ugh - okay, I had to settle for a bit of a 'nougat' because you just cannot get a true marshmallow with raw food. That I know of. And trust me I tried a million things.

I'll be working on crackers this week after I post the moon pie. after that raisin bran, cornchips, and a mozzarella cheese.

• poemomm you're my hero! thanks for everything you do for us!

taps foot....

waiting patiently...

...whistling now to pass the time.

• OOohhhhh, I tend to forget where I have posted and not follow up on any thread I reply to. Drive-by poster. So glad I logged in this morning to see this thread on the home page. I am totally stoked to see the moon pie progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

Pirawna -- I try to check my "Track" a couple of times a week. Any thread or recipe on which you have posted is listed there. If there are new postings since you last checked the thread / recipe, there will be a clickable link under the "Replies" column. I think it's a pretty neat feature. Hope you find it helpful.

PS: The "Track" is located on your personal profile page.

• Just found the track thing! Thanks. I wanted to check on MoonPie status and the search feature didn't bring this up. I stumbled upon the track feature and found you guys. =)

• valgal123valgal123 Raw Newbie

A really good pumpkin pie. I have tried recipes with pumpkin and they were awful, so no pumpkin. Unless u really have something good

• Hey, where can I find some of your recipes??

I'm new to raw and love to try new things!!

Nina

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

a real cookie - one that isn't too moist or overly dry.

cotton candy - ha ha, okay, I don't think that one is realistic, but I had to throw it out there :)

• How about stroganoff (sp?)?

Nina -- A user's recipes are filed behind their "track". Click on Poemomm's name (in blue) from one of her posts on this thread. Once in her profile, click on "track". Every recipe she has posted, as well as other recipes and threads on which she has commented, is listed here.

There are a couple of other ways to find someone's recipes. Probably the easiest (if you don't have quick access to a clickable link of their name) is to do a search. Click on search, then on the user tab. Key in the name, or the portion of the name you remember, then search.

Sid123 -- Your spelling is perfect . . . and what a wonderful suggestion. I heartily offer a "me, too".

• Thanks emtpdmom!

I will check that out

Nina