thin hair

after some bad haircuts and a couple years of hair straightening, my hair is really thin! is there any natural way to thicken it up a little?

Comments

• I have naturally finem and thin hair. So, I'm just going to throw out a few thoughts on the subject. Take anything helpful, ignore whatever isn't for you.

It sounds like the thinning is from the hair straightening, not from a medical condition? You don't have thyroid problems or such? Just throwing that thought out to you- it's one of the first topics that comes up about hair thinning it seems. If you have any doubts, and you can afford it- a visit to a doctor who can do a blood test may be a good idea. I was tested several times. For me, nature and stress I guess.

But, it sounds like you probably know the cause. A quick "help" to thicken it up a bit and strengthen the hair shafts, if you don't mind the reddish color is henna. And, I mean a real stuff- not stuff in a box or tube with extra chemicals. It's commonly used over in the middle east, and has been for a very long time. "Dying" your hair actually plumps it up and makes the hair bigger. But, most dyes have some nasty chemicals in them, and actually can hurt your hair more. The henna (actually a plant) conditions it and makes it stronger as well. If you don't want the red color you can actually use other plant dyes- there is a "neutral henna" which isn't a really henna (cassia obovata) is a safe, natural way to plump up hair and strengthen it.

I go only through the "Henna for Hair" site, I trust it and it has good quality control.

Another good source for help with thin hair is the "Long Hair Forum." They have some excellent threads on it.

Good luck.

• there are some easy things you can do to get thicker hair- massage your scalp daily and make it a habit.

This enhances blood ciciulation and the strenghtens the roots .

Use oils or rinsewater with rosmary to also enhance circulation.

Bergamot is a plant that is commonly used against hair loss-..

and flaxseed oil is exellent to strengthen hair and skin.

If you make the massage a habit youll see a difference

My father who is now 70 has massaged his head every mornig and still has a full head of hair, there is only a slight moon visible.

• Corecries or anyone who knows: The bergamot- do you drink the tea, or put it on the skin?

• i had forgotten all about this thread!

thankyou corecries, i will start massaging my head every morning now.

sisterbecky- everything else about me's alright, so i'm guessing i don't have a thyroid problem. i'll have to look into the henna idea, though

thanks everyone :)

• Yeah I second natural henna. A cheap easy way to thicken hair.

• Unfortunately I have also very thin hair. I have already tried lots of different products but nothing really helped. I will definitely try some of the suggestions made in this thread. Hopefully something works for me. I really hate my hair and I would do anything to thicken it just a bit.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I have naturally thinnish hair as well and noticed a huge difference when I washed it less but still showered in hot water while scrubbing my scalp with my fingernails every day. I don't wash it every day but more like every four days. Every day I rinse it with hot water and scrub. The shampoo I use is an all natural product from LUSH.com it's a shampoo bar. Very nice.

Also I second the dying method. Definitely helped me.