Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

used unwanted kitchen tools

My fiancee and I recently moved into our first home together! It is bliss, but I have a little favor to ask.

We previously lived in cooperative housing, and so have no appliances or kitchen tools of our own. If anyone has an overflow of kitchen tools and/or appliances you neither need nor want I would gladly pay for shipping to take them off your hands!

Things we are looking for include a blender, salad bowls, mixing bowls, plates, and a vegetable peeler.

Thanks!

~Parsley

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Congrats on the move!

Have you checked Craigslist or Freecycle in your area? I occasionally see posts on Craigslist by people giving away kitchen stuff (among other things) because they're moving to Paris or Abu Dhabi and need to get rid of everything.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

check your local dollar store. there are some perfectly good items to be found.

• We found a vitamix on craigslist!! hooray!!

I never realized how much stuff I "need"...plates, bowls, knives...wow.

Zinfandel- thanks for the suggestion, but we both believe that we have a responsibility to not participate in activities that cause harm to other beings (like sweatshops) and in general don't buy anything new in order to reduce the consumer demand on resources.

What kitchen appliance do you find the most "necessary"?

• My Vita Mix! I could live very simply and happily with only my Vita Mix and a tall glass! (And if I had a straw I wouldn't even need the glass!) :-D

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Not counting at least one good knife...blender and spiralizer are the top two that get used around here. Much further down, food processor (easy to find at garage sales etc.)

Then coffee grinder, then dehydrator. New favorite is the mandoline :)

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

www.freecycle.org

this is the link to freecycle just type in your city and state you may have one in your are .

here you can give things you dont need and get things you do all for free.

• Thanks! That is a great resource that I will definitely check out.

• This peanut butter and jelly spreader is double-ended and won't result in any unwanted jelly in the peanut butter jar

• My Vita Mix! I could live very simply and happily with only my Vita Mix and a tall glass! (And if I had a straw I wouldn't even need the glass!) :-D

Hahahaha! Who needs the straw? *chugging straight out of the Vita Mix* Yay!