Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green Smoothie Feast - Anyone Want to Join Me?

2»

Comments

• I would love to join you! I started my green smoothie fast this morning. I have been kind of preparing for this by having a couple of green smoothies a day for the last week but feel I could real use a total cleanse. Are you still on your green smoothie feast? What kind of results have you had? I did a 30 day green drink fast in January and it was one of the best things I have ever done. It took away the cravings for fats and sugar and reduced my appetite but in the last month the cravings are back so I am really looking forward to getting back on track.

• I didn't get started the other day but have recommitted and am Definitely starting tomorrow (Friday). Just wondering Troubles... have you noticed that you have lost any weight or feel any different? Are cravings for unhealthy foods gone? Do you feel satisfied?

Robin

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

tshirtartist-ha, funny you ask, I was just going to come on here and mention everything I've noticed......first of all, let me say that I've had several solid foods while doing the fast because of certain circumstances. Once I took a run and I guess I hadnt' had anything in a while but I got really dizzy and my husband gave me an avocado so I ate it since I didn't feel steady enough to stand up and make a smoothie.

Anyway, let me tell you all the good stuff though.

1. waaaay better digestions. One reason I went raw was to work around my damaged digestive system but it still gets bad once in a while but on this everything has been smooth sailin'

2. MY HAIR! My hair has gotten amazing. It doesn't get greasy and has been strangely cooperative. I love it!

3. My skin has improved and my husband said to me last night "I love the way your face looks when light hits it"....I almost fainted because I have a history of bad skin. IT's awesome.

4. I haven't weighed myself but things are fitting quite well. When I get home from work I'll weight myself and report if I've lost weight.

5. Everyone at my work thinks I'm crazy but when they make fun of me they look really jealous. haha

So that's what I've been experience so far. I haven't been hungry and I've felt really energetic. I noticed my attention span has increased and I am able to get more stuff done. I hope everyone else is doing well!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

How is everybody doing? I could not start before like I said I would, but I am so ready now. I"ll try doing it 10 days and see how I feel. good luck to everyone else!!!!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I'll be starting the Master Cleanse on Monday so I won't be doing green smoothies for a while but until then I'm chuggin'!

• ooh ME too, I'm in! I've been going strong on these green smoothies (I'll admit: sometimes they're a bit "weedy" tasting) for about two weeks with some salads thrown in. I'm beginning tomorrow! That is, once the salad I made tonight for dinner is gone...as it should be tomorrow after breakfast.

ps, I really think that an avocado every day really fixes everything.

• You guys have motivated me to do this too! I started on Monday so today is only day 4. I've only been raw a couple of months and have never tried something like this so I wasn't sure what to expect. Other than feeling a little hungry yesterday I feel awesome! It also helps that clothes are fitting me more loosely too :) Does anyone else have the urge to just chew something though?? My friends suggest chewing ice but I have heard that is so bad for your teeth. I'm sure the urge will go away...I hope!

Thanks for the motivation everyone!!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Hi again, I was wondering if any of you put sweetener in your green smoothies? Thanks!

• Typically I use a bit of Avave or brown rice syrup...cumin actually makes it seem sweeter, cinnamon as well. I find that the stronger veggies make the smoothie seem more like a meal than a drink, but they can also be too strong tasting for me. I do like a banana, or strawberries, for sweetness.

• I thought I would give a green smoothie fast one more try. Would anyone else like to join me? I know I could use the support. ;) My eating and cravings have been way out of control lately and I really would like to get back to some food sanity and fitting into my skinny jeans again. So tomorrow is day 1 for me. Anyone else feel like giving it at try?

• Yes, I will do it with you! I just bought plenty of fruits and greens thinking I would start having green smoothies for breakfast again, but I think I will have them all day long as well. I'm starting first thing in the morning!

• Me too. We can do this! I am going away this weekend and leaving later today but will check back in on Sunday night. I plan on going for at least 2 weeks. My first mini goal is to just get through the weekend though.;)

• My goal is 1 week, so from today, thursday, until the end of next Thursday the 23rd.

First green smoothie- chard, one banana, one peach, and 6 or 7 strawberries.

I just went for a short run and am feeling really energized and excited about the smoothies. I really think I can do this!

Good luck over the weekend. Its really tough to eat well when you travel, much less only smoothies....

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I haven't had a green smoothie in quite some time. You guys are making me hungry! ;)

Swayze

• i agree, i just ate and im kind of drooling about green smoothies... I'm totally in after my mini-vaca this weekend since I don't have a hand blender. I am thinking 7 days, there are some readings about how change comes in 7's (The moon completes its cycle from new moon to new moon in 28 days. A woman's menstrual cycle is 28 days also. A baby's gestation period is 280 days. A chicken's eggs hatch in 21 days and most ducks hatch in 35 days),

Guys, I NEED more energy, better digestion and better skin that's why I am doing this. Guess what, I feel like i only tell raw foodies this but i am at my goal weight. i weighed myself today after a few weeks of not and i couldn't stop staring at the scale. I couldn't be happier!!!! I've always had body confidence issues and since i'm petite i feel i show EVERY pound. Anyways i'm not doing it for weight loss, for all of you who are you will reach your goal and when you do it feels fantastic! Good luck all!

• Yup, I am short and a mere 5 pound weight gain is basically up one pant size.

• David Wolfe claims that in order for maximum absorption to be had of the greens, a nominal amount of fat is necessary. I add a bit of flax oil or hemp oil, or even coconut. I don't like to waste avocadoes in smoothies either.

• Ok, Day 2 of green smoothies, and I am already almost out of greens! Definitely underestimated what I would need. Luckily the kind I want are still on sale, so I should be drowning in greens by the end of the day.

And, I add just a teaspoon or so of coconut oil to my first smoothie of the day, but mostly for my skin. Hopefully thats enough to help with the absorption too.

• OK, Beginning of day 5, and I've realized I am a little bit of an idiot. I said in an earlier post that I would do thursday to thursday as that would be 7 days.....no thats 8 days, duh. So I may still go 8 days because its going really well. I have lost a lot of weight, and I loooove my green smoothies. I get some weird looks at work when I bring them in, but I am in Boulder Colorado, so its not so strange. Well, its more like people are more used to other people being strange.

• "but I am in Boulder Colorado, so its not so strange. Well, its more like people are more used to other people being strange."

hahahahahahahaha. I love it. I need to live somewhere where people don't think I"m strange. Right now I'm in Wisconsin....if I don't worship cheese people think I'm the devil.

• Hey Tshirtartist.....How did the weekend go? Are you still going to do green smoothies?

iluvlife- ha, they still think I am strange, they are just used to me being strange. Its like "oh, youre one of those people...." But its definitely better than a lot of other places I could be living. And I would just start asking people if they are baby cows...Why else would they want cheese/dairy?

As for me, doing green smoothies seems to have successfully transitioned me to raw. I have no desire to start eating the SAD crap again, and I find that I dont get that blind craving thing anymore. You know where you just HAVE to have something sweet/salty etc. and nothing is really satisfying? I eat when I am hungry, and when I am done I think, wow that was good, I think I will have that again sometime. Its such a relief...

BTW, I stopped my green smoothies a day early since I ran out of greens last night. Six days is still pretty good!