Can you recommend a good book?

I read Doug Graham's 80/10/10 book. I learned a lot, but I don't follow it exactly - I add a LOT more greens than he recommends. I eat mostly green smoothies and fruit smoothies, occasionally adding a little bit of nuts.

But I would like to learn more about sprouts and sprouting, eating green food, doing raw right - anything you can recommend I would appreciate. Thanks!

Comments

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I found Shazzie's book Detox Your World just wonderful to read. Very friendly and inspiring.

• Thanks!

I'll give it a read . . .

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i love ani phyo's raw food kitchen. it has soo many delicious recipes and she also talks about how little things we do every day can change the environment. it was really enjoyable to read, but the pictures are kind of dark and blurry.

• Alissa Cohen's book, Living on Live Food is another good one. She has a lot of great information, testimonials from her clients for inspiration and she also has charts on sprouting various grains and legumes that you may find helpful. Her recipes are good, too, although I find that, for my taste, I usually tweak the seasonings a bit to give them a little more umpf. It's still one I recommend! Also, my son recently bought me The Raw Food Gourmet by Gabrielle Chavez that I've been enjoying. She has a great delivery of the information and gives lots of recommendations on preparation, gardening and how raw and living foods benefits your life beyond nutrition (environmentally and spiritually, if you're into that). Have fun!

• Victoria Boutenko, Green for Life. The book is mostly testimonials but when I read the beginning chapters I found it to be chock full of very good information.

Anything you need to know about sprouting you can learn from the sprout people website:

http://sproutpeople.com/