What is your toddler's favorite green smoothie?

I just started giving my 22 mo green smoothies this week. She loves them and has had more veggies so far this week than she has had in her entire life. So far she has had these combos....

Pear, kiwi, spinach, celery, cucumber

Strawberry, blackberry, beet

Orange, Strawberry, Blackberry, Cucumber

Spinach, Pineapple, Strawberry

Spinach, Pineapple, Kiwi

Watermelon, Cucumber, Strawberry

I'm trying to be creative and I would love to hear what combos your toddler likes.

TIA!

Chris

Comments

• My children loves

orange juice with lots of greens, like sallad and spinach. You could add much more greens than usual, and it still taste orange juice.

Pear, spinach, celery, banana

orange, banana, apple, batavia

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Our basic recipe for green smoothies is:

1/2 blender full of spinach

1/2 blender full of another green (we rotate these each week)

1/2 blender full of coconut water or filtered water if we are out of coconut water

1 banana

1 other fruit of choice

My kids LOVE this recipe, in fact my 8 month old crawls into the kitchen and squeels until I get her some. We have this everyone morning before eating breakfast for maximum nutrient absorption.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Our fave combo of the moment (it changes a lot we have lots of faves)

is ...

spinach,.kale, pear, apple, mint and lemon amazingly good with the mint mmmm

We like to have spirulina daily so it sometimes makes it into the smoothie

we also like to do greens with the h2o and meat of a young coconut with pineapple mango strawberry

smoothies are sooooo fun we also freeze the leftovers into popsicles in our ice cube tray with mini popsicle sticks (check any craft area of most grocers) then you have toddler size popsicles.

• Awesome combos....Thanks everyone!!!

V2R I have been freezing any leftovers and dd loves that too. I call it "ice cream" and she will pretty much eat anything I put in front of her if she gets a bite of "ice cream" after. LOL I have the coconut h2o on my list as the next experiment. Thanks for the tip! The mint recipe sounds delish. I will have to try that today.

SM, what other greens do you use? I am at a loss other than spinach for one that is mild and can easily have its taste covered.

Naturelle, thanks for the info about the greens and oj. I will have to try that. Excuse my ignorance, but what is batavia? :=)

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

We use Kale, Swiss Chard, and sometimes sprouts as our "second" green. All the kids love all these greens, and they all seem to be masked well from the coconut water and/or bananas.

• My son isn't a toddler any more (5), but our favorite greens to use are chard (rainbow or swiss, especially rainbow) and beet greens. Their natural saltiness is perfect with sweet fruits. He also likes smoothies w/ spinach. We use Kale sometimes, but we prefer that with a raw marinade for dinner. I've found that the baby Kale fresh out of the garden is too strong for smoothies.

We're drinking one right now made with:

Beet Greens (Probably about 10-12 small leaves w/ stems)

Banana

3 Dates

Kiwi

1 T Hemp Seeds

1 t Maca Powder

3-5 Chunks of Frozen Pineapple

3 Ice Cubes

1 1/2 C Filtered Water

So delicious, and it's not green..... it's gred!

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

My 3 year-old sons all-time favorite one, but its more of a special treat than an everyday green smoothie:

Half a blender full of greens (usually romaine or baby spinach)

Two bananas

handful or two frozen wild blueberries

One tablespoon (aprox) good oil (usually coconut oil)

One tablespoon raw almond butter

1/2 cup live apple juice (but just enough liquid to get the blender moving, usually don't need all of it)

He slurps it down faster than I can get the blender washed most of the time!