Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Swine Flu virus and RAW?

I live it the US and as you guys may know, the Swine Flu virus is going around and people are flipping out pretty badly. Not to sound pompous and better than everyone, but how would a virus like that affect us? I'm on the master cleanse and I'm THINKING I'm healthy but...any thoughts on this? Or will it just not matter how ya eat all?

Comments

• I thought the "give it to me raw" response was pretty good. Eat good foods, exercise, get enough sleep, etc. I don't believe that eating raw can always keep you from getting sick. But, I think the healthy choices involved decrease your chances.

• I agree =)

• mdcmdc

Bottom line: wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose & mouth. Wash your hands. Try to avoid people who are ill. Wash your hands. If you believe that eating raw keeps you healthier, that's a good part of the battle. Wash your hands. The mind-body connection is real. Wash your hands. While I don't think viruses care what we eat, a healthy body has an easier job of fighting viruses off. By the way, wash your hands. :)

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

We started washing our hands with diluted Dr. Bronner's soap instead of the anti-bacterial soaps that also kill the good bacteria. Does anybody know if Dr. Bronner's soap really would help to keep the bad bacteria off of the hands to prevent viruses???

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i know tea tree is anti-viral for the skin.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Certainly it is overblown, but it's also a "teachable moment" in terms of the issues it forces people to think about.

I don't fear on my own behalf, but I do not for a minute think zoonotic diseases should be taken lightly.