Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I'm so tired all the time.

I finished a hard core chemo about 6 months ago. I'm female 33, and have been doing raw for about 3 years, minus fish and the occasional lapse in will.

I'm still so tired. I'm losing this energy battle.

Comments

• I should add, I love raw food, but I would like suggestions if anyone has any.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Hey, I hope you feel well soon.

Maybe some green juices will help?

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Try lots of nutrients and lots of antioxidants--your body's been through a lot, and needs all the reinforcements it can get! You might also want to try B vitamins--they help me when I'm dragging. I wish you the best!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Tons of Green smoothies and/or juices... Incorporate as many antioxidants as possible with every snack and meal... B12 and all the other B's should help too... FYI, nutritional yeast is vit B2,3 and 6, I believe...

Good luck to you with your speedy recovery!!! smile

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

What do you put in your green juice? I've always had a hard time with them. I enjoy my green smoothies but the juices always sort of grossed me out.

• Hi :)

My mom is going through endless chemo so I'm familiar. I know that when any of your toxin processing organs are stressed this can cause bigtime fatigue --kidney, pancreas, liver.

How is your kidney function? How is your liver function? How is your pancreatic -- your blood sugar and all that? You should be getting tested pretty frequently and know. You should also have a blood panel that tests your general nutrition - enough vitamin B? Enough C?

I am NOT a doctor, I am just a chick on the internet who doesn't know you, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

If it's your pancreas ( unlikely but we'll start there) -- watch the sugar, think about adding protein and try a cod liver oil pack over that area once a week.

If it's your liver -- add milk thistle to your greens. This is an excellent liver healer and detoxifier and it should start to work pretty fast. SAMe also works on liver function.

If it's your kidneys you should be eating mostly carbs -- 801010 would be a good program to follow. Also, if it's your kidneys, you might want to check with your doctor about natural diuretics and fluid intake. I know when kidney function gets particularly bad "drink lots of water" is not good advice.

Carrot juice by the gallon if you're not doing that.

Also check your calories. If you're not eating enough you're going to feel it.

If all of your organ functions are normal -- and I mean fully normal, not a little high or a little low, then add fat ( try more avocado) and protein. If your body is trying to rebuild itself it's going to be needing something to build with. Add up to 500 calories to your daily intake and see how that feels.

That's my advice, but in addition to all of that I think you should see a doctor and tell him you're tired. You should find out immediately if something else is going on, you know?

Love to you

• Fatigue is a major symptom in anemia. You should be tested for it, if you haven't been already. There are many different types of anemia, including iron deficiency, aplastic, b-12 deficiency, and anemia of chronic disease. If your cancer was a leukemia, that especially can result in anemia. I second what the other posters said; go to your doctor and get tested. Mention your fatigue and ask to see whether you have appropriate levels of vitamins and minerals in your blood.

Best of luck. I hope you feel better soon.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

hi, what's your normal diet like? ill food combing, eating a diet high in fat and protein, and not eating enough carbs in the form of fruit will make you really tired. also, the chemo makes for a really long healing process.

i wouldn't recommend any supplements because they are inorganic forms of minerals and vitamins. only organic forms from whole, raw, food are usable by the body. supplements just put more toxic substances in your body and make it that much harder for your body to do what it naturally does, heal itself. cancer is the last stage of toxemia, so your body needs to work on really cleansing.

i would rest, try some water fasting, and then follow that by a mono meal diet of one type of fruit for a little while. once your done fasting and you start eating fruit you should have more energy. exercise is really important when you start getting the energy back. sunshine and clean air is also really important.

you should read up on natural hygiene. your body is a self healing organism and will heal itself if you give it the proper environment and food. there is no medicine or magic cure, just the body.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

.kelly.~ For the most part you are correct about saying, "I wouldn't recommend any supplements because they are inorganic forms of minerals and vitamins..." It is especially true of the supplements available through large chain stores. However, I work with a product that is a stabilized and standardized vitamin and mineral blend that is totally plant derived, the first to come to market... no ground up bones, limestone or other rocks, etc. which are found in many mineral supplements. (For others reading this, the ground up bones, rocks, synthetics, etc. are what usually causes people to experience stomach upset when taking most mineral containing supplements. The body doesn't know what to do with those ingredients and only absorbs about 10% [when what the label says is in the actual product]... thus the "expensive pee" mindset of many healthcare professionals. However, the particular product I work tests at 90%+ absorption and has been certified by a reputable third-party for quality and truth in labeling. I believe whatever option works for someone is what is best for that person. Keep searching for an option that works for you.)

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

why not skip the pricey supplements and get all your vitamins and minerals from the purest, most easily assimilated source, fruits and veggies!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Incorporating supplements into a wellness program is a personal choice. There are just as many reasons for and against taking supplements. Again, I am simply supporting people to find what works best for their situation, keeping a multitude of options open.

For taking supplements (good quality, well made, bioavailable, etc., not every supplement is made the same. If one consumes crappy supplements it is like eating crappy food... no/little benefit). Some pros are:

> some people do not have the variety of nutritionally dense foods to satisfy nutritional need for that matter, some do not have access to nutritionally dense food regardless of variety a concentrated form of nutrition may support satisfying a major deficit or jump starts wellness program convenience (like incorporating a teaspoon of a product that has the phyonutrients equivalent to 5 servings of fruits/veggies) edible wellness insurance

> etc...