Hello! Hoping to make a raw friend

Hello! I'm Chai and I'm from Canada. I'm not a raw foodist, but I think that raw food is very healthy and I don't eat enough of it, so I am trying to incorporate more raw snacks, meals, days, even raw weeks into my regimen. We'll see how it goes :)

I think it'd be helpful to have a raw friend or mentor on MSN, AIM or Yahoo instant messenger in order to chat with about general life stuff but also to bounce ideas back and forth about raw foodism and raw recipes. So if you think you have anything in common with me and you'd like a new friend, gimme a shout :)

About me: I'm in my mid 20s, I work in healthcare and as a lab tech, and I'm also a college student. I've been vegan since 2003. I plan to eat more raw foods purely for health reasons. I'm not religious or spiritual but I try to be respectful of other people's beliefs. I like science a lot. I also love music; I listen to many genres and am learning how to play ukulele and the keyboard. I like languages in theory but I am very bad at learning them. I read, I garden, I go shopping at thrift stores, occasionally I do crafts or try my hand at painting although I'll admit I'm no artist. I volunteer at Food Not Bombs, and I'm not otherwise super political although I did vote Green last election. I'm also queer, but I'm not looking for a relationship right now.

So yeah....um, gimme a shout :)

Is there a way we can privately message each other on this website or do I have to post my contact information online?

Comments

• Hey Chai - I'm 23 and venturing into raw. I'm living with my "meat-and-potatoes" family right now, so going 100% isn't really plausible for me while I'm living at home, though when I move out, I do plan on going high raw (I'm about 66% now). Next week, I am going to start nannying for my aunt and uncle - my cousins are 3 and 4 years old, and am hoping to introduce them to a few raw foods - right now I have raw "fudgesicles" and raw veggie nuggets planned. I am also a big reader. I crochet and take yoga classes - when I have the time. I am from California's beautiful central valley.

anyway, I don't have any instant messengers, but you are more than welcome to email me at kellydawnreckas@gmail.com anytime. I check it at least once a day, every day.

• Hey Starr, thanks for your response :) I'll definitely e-mail you sometime. I take yoga too! I did Ashtanga until an old shoulder injury of mine flared up, so now I'm just keeping it gentle and doing Rodney Yee's Back Care Yoga when I have the time and inclination.

How long have you done crochet? I tried to learn last summer....I might pick it up again sometime :)

How do you make raw fudgesicles?

• The recipe I used for the fudgesicles is here:

Pudding Pops

http://goneraw.com/node/11791

I've been crocheting for about 13 years, but have really only recently picked it up again. I need something to do with my hands all the time, and crocheting is the perfect thing for me.

I really like Rodney Yee's videos. I have his abs yoga video and like it a lot. I also take a class two days a week locally. the instructor is really fantastic.