Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

why are so many on this site afraid of fruit?

12346»

Comments

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Fats would take up to 24 hours to digest.

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

superfood2: cooked/processed fat absolutely true you can waterproof your roof with that stuff, pure raw fat or butter digest in no time without any problems, I'm not so fond of vegetarian oil's (often rancid thus toxic and almost always heavily processed and it's very hard to get real oils and not mixed stuff) it's not easy to make a pure good quality vegetarian oil. When it 's in the store it's almost already rancid. You need to process it and get all the good stuff out so it won't get rancid that quickly but then it's out of balance and it won't digest.

Rawfreak4fr: Last week I was on holiday and needed to eat cooked food (although it was very tasty and good quality), my body suddenly hurt incredible after 2 days (muscle cramps all over) and I was tiered. Slowly it became more tolerable but I was not feeling very fit and energetic. Now 4 days on my own strange pretty high raw diet and my body is feeling fit and good again. I don't think it takes months or so to adjust to a different diet maybe 2 weeks or a month or so and your body is adjusted?

cuddles: Although I'm on a raw partime vegan diet I noticed that fruit and greens give me gas and very minor stomach pains but I still think I need greens and I like fruit so I'm ok with it :).

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I do eat a little bit of raw butter, but I totally agree we are supposed to eat fruit, I try to make my diet 80-90% fruit, wild or non-gmo, farm fresh.

• cuddlescuddles Raw Newbie

Hi keewi

No, I don't eat fats within 3 hours before or after I eat the fruit - should I be?

I eat fruit on an empty stomach, normally in the morning between 5.00am to 10.00am. And then I have my lunch (mixed salad) around 1.00pm

I have done lots of experimenting over the past 2.5 years and find the above routine works best for me.....as long as I stick to less than 4 - 5 fruits.

I eat all sorts of fruit. Depends on season and what is available. Currently it is things like mango, peaches, watermelon, honeydew melon, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, dragonfruit, lychees, and all other summer fruits.

I can juice oranges, but I can't eat them whole as they give me terrible smelly wind.

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

How long have you been on a raw diet cuddles? The flatulence and diarrhea sound like a symptom of weakened digestive system, You have no problems with greens?

I was asking about the fat because this can cause problems if you eat them too close to your fruit meals. I would probably just keep doing what your doing and try adding in more fruit as your raw journey progresses.

@Raweverything- The gas and stomach pains are a sign of indigestion/sugar fermentation, try to eat fruit alone and don't combine acid fruits with sweet fruits. Also don't eat fruit within 3-4 hours before or after you have had a fat meal. By the way your body doesn't really discern between cooked or raw fat digestion wise, all fat takes around 18-24 hours to digest and leave the bloodstream. This is why a lot of raw foodist have problems with fruit, too much fat in there blood :p

I'd be concerned with your dinner, Cuddles. What is it usually?

• keewi--digestion wise raw and cooked fats DO take the smae amount of time. However it would be greviously wrong to suggest that your body does not distinguish between them! Fats change chemical structure and turn into toxins and/or carcinogens when cooked, whereas raw fats are necessary for survival! Every membrane of ever cell inyour body is made of lipids--fats! Brain cells are also primariliy made of fats. Protien and fats are building blocks that your body needs for construction/repair. Carbs provide the fuel and *stored* fat in your body can be substituted when nutrition is scarce, however you body can't synthesize all the necessary protiens/fats!

How long have you been on a raw diet cuddles = 2.5 years

You have no problems with greens = yes I do, if I have too much in green smoothies.

Hi superfood2

I normally have 500mls of juice - orange, lemon, carrot - around 6pm.

I love this and can't give it up.

I find juice is the perfect dinner, as it helps me to sleep well.

Sometimes I will have chia seed gel with the juice.

I know it does not sound a lot, but 500mls is enough to fill me up until morning.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

Hi Lyn! I do agree that fats change structure when heated and are toxic.

In my experience, raw overt fats are not necessary though. Fruit is mostly carbs but it does contain protein and fats. On average I get at least 30 grams of protein a day and 8-15 grams of fat per day. Protein is used for growth and tissue repair, not fats. Our needs for protein are highest during infancy and you can get a good idea of how much protein we need then by looking at the composition of breast milk. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and the body synthesizes some on it's own. The essential amino acids are those that we need to get from food and I have no problem getting them from fruit and greens alone.

I wonder how long chia seeds take to digest.

I wouldn't ask you to give up your beloved juice, Cuddles. :) No way!! :D

I take the chia seeds to help me stay regular and the seeds re-appear the next morning. So it goes straight through, rather than digesting.

• EspiritoEspirito Raw Newbie

I tried to follow a raw diet with fruits and veggies, but mostly fruits, during a year.

I had a severe brain fog, bloated all the time with a huge stomach, a bit loss of libido.
    Due this brain fog, i lost my girlfriend and my job, because i can't stick anything in my memory.

but in a some positive way, i achieve peace, and loss many pounds.

I switched back to a vegan diet, and i improved my libido, but not my brain fog, and bloating problems..
    I have a huge belly at the moment.

In the present i'm swtiching to a vegetarian, and with raw eggs, i'm improving my brain fog, but still harder.

So... this is an alert to all, don't try some madness, because it can ruin your life then.

Every organism, is different... 
    Watch for your body.