The magical cheese fruit

I wrote an article about it

Comments

• Wow I have never heard of that before, It looks like some kind of alien! Does it taste of cheese?

• It sure does smell like it! I've never had the fresh fruit but I use the powder and the bottle smells of stinky cheese but in a good non-offensive way :)

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Wow ive never heard of that before - i wonder if fresh it would taste like cheese. I wish I could find some to buy around here. Thanks for sharing this : )

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

haha I guess you could call that smell rotting cheese but nothing like fresh cheese. Reminds me more of throw-up, easy to find wild in Hawaii just gotta go to the beach and use your nose. Haven't had the kahunas to try the fruit fresh but I'm gonna start to dehydrate it and make a wildcrafted powder.

• beanbean Raw Newbie

Omigosh! I remember this fruit! went to Maui on a family vacation a while ago, and we took a tour through a kind of.. outdoor arborium, or whatever it's called. They had a huge amount of wild plants and trees, growing everything from avocados to passionfruits to coffee beans, and I remember seeing this and thinking the poor tree had been infested with some sorts of huge maggots. The guide laughed at me, and told me they actually were fruit, but that they tasted a bit horrible and people only ate them for medicinal purposes. I picked one up, and it was so squishy- I think if he hadn't told me that I just would've kept on thinking they were giant maggots!