Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Natural-er Toothpaste?

Is there a better, more natural way to clean your teeth other than "natural" toothpaste?

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I use baking soda mixed with water one day a week to give my teeth a good cleaning. My usual toothpaste is tom's of maine. I love all the different flavors like apricot, mango, and strawberry.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

i just brush my teeth with water. works great!

• I just use regular natural handmade soap to brush my teeth. It's cheaper and last longer. It's also a cheap alternative to tooth soap, which helps teeth to remineralize. Which is something teeth can't do using regular toothpaste (too much glycerine).

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I use Natural Tooth Soap made with extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil,palm oil, and essential oils. It works great and makes your teeth feel clean.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I'm curious, rawisbeauty, what are you using to make the handmade soap? Thinking much of that has glycerin, too. (Saponification of oils produces glycerin.)

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I also use tooth soap and have done for the last 6 months.

When my supply runs out I am planning on using normal olive oil soap.

• Yeah your right Pixx, handmade soap does contain glycerin. Just not nearly as much as toothpaste so it doesn't stop tooth remineralization.

• a really good quality himalayan or celtic salt....it removed all the stains from eating dried fruit from my teeth and they feel stronger with the mineralisation. now i don't feel like toothpaste is as fresh as salt feels.

***rinse well

• Wow, everyone's comments here are so interesting. Thanks, you guys!

I was also at my local health foods store and they were selling some sort of gum that serves as a toothpaste. It's natural, and when chewed as a gum it cleanses your teeth. Anyone ever heard of that?

• For stain removal and a fresh cleanse, I use fresh sage leaves, I grow them in my garden. Just pick some leaves up and rub onto your teeth... really works!

• mangosistermangosister Raw Newbie

I just spent $26 on tooth soap shreds b/c I don't want the glycerin or flouride, and b/c I think my mouth tissues react to the SLS in many toothpastes....so saponification of oil produces glycerin? Well, now I'm confused, and a bit frustrated, b/c I spent alot of money on this product and was hoping for some noticeable re-enamelization over time.

Also, couldn't I jusy spend $5 on a bar of olive oil soap instead? I went for this product b/c it was spearmint flavored, and let me tell you, you don't taste the mint. At all.

But my teeth do feel very clean.