whats your favorite use for eggplant? I have eggplant, now what?

valgal123valgal123 Raw Newbie

I need some good eggplant recipes. Burgers, bacon etc. I want to make sure whatever I make is really good. Is the bacon thing really that good? I can't imagine eggplant marinated in vinegar and oil and dehydrated that tasty. What do all you think?

Comments

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I love the bacon! I make one similar to the one recently posted, however, I leave the oil out. It is nice and crispy, which I am sometimes in the mood for, I haven't had a taste for onion bread in a while, but when I did an eggplant, tomato and lettuce sandwich was amazing. You can also make baba ganoush by pureeing it with tahini, lemon, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. And, sliced with a vegetable peeler, it makes a pretty good lasagne noodle, or rollatini.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

We don't eat a lot of raw eggplant, although it's handy to have the bacon around.

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I love the bacon too!!

• You can try thinly slicing it on a mandoline and doing a raw lasagna. Or Thin slices, marinated and filled with nut cheese and tomato sauce, yummy! You can try a form of raw baba ganoush maybe? I never have, but its an idea!

• suekosueko Raw Superstar

I LOVE the bacon, it's not like bacon at all, but it tastes good. I've also cut peeled eggplant into small cubes and marinated it in a vinaigrette, tossed it with fresh tomatoes and that was pretty good, too. Rollatini, rawsagna, pasta...there are loads of ways to use eggplant. I've never heard any nutritional info that advised against it...maybe it's because of its relationship to the nightshade family?