Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Self Confidence Help

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I struggle so much with issues of lack of confidence, jealousy, and was wondering if anyone had come across good self help audio disks of books for these types of thing, I get this "I'm never good enough" feeling and really want to address is healthfully

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

I struggle with self confidence problems, too, kminty. they are basically what caused my eating disorder in high school. i don't know where your problems stem from, but my therapist gave me a book called "Making Peace with Food." That book (and therapy) basically saved my life. There's a lot of exercises in it where you evaluate how you see yourself, your relationships with people, and how you deal with stress. Even if you don't have a problem with food ( I used to do a lot of binge eating and emotional eating), that book taught me that you are your worst critic and that you can change how you see yourself.

Good Luck :)

• I started using the "InnerTalk" subliminal messaging CDs. Shazzie recommends them in her book, "Detox Your World." It's a CD of either the ocean or classical music, with people speaking positive statements in the background so you can't hear them. After listening to it for a few days to a month, you start getting results. I used "Up From Depression," and "Soaring Self-Confidence," and they've helped a lot. I feel much better. They're about $30 a CD. They have a CD for EVERYTHING. Lose weight, quit smoking, stop being jealous, etc. Good luck!

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Lil Burger... that's awesome! Thanks for posting! I need these as well :)

• I've looked at your picture, I read your profile (which didn't say a whole lot and yet still sounded interesting), and I can't exactly figure out why you have self-confidence issues. You are very beautiful and it sounds like you are an accomplished woman. Self-confidence should not be based on these things anyway, you are valuable because God made you. Read Psalm 139, I read it all the time when I'm feeling kinda pathetic and it always lifts my spirits :)

• Reading books by Louise Hay has really helped me with my low self esteem issues.

• http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Fearless-Love-Work-Life/dp/0316166820/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248895174&sr=8-1

Here is a link to a great book I discovered from a quote on a Starbucks cup (back in my cooked foods days!!). Its called "On Becoming Fearles...in Love, Work, and Life". I think its a great book because I feel that it is so helpful to anyone, regardless of what is going on. I personally dont have self- confidence issues but read the book because I am always looking for ways to learn and grow as a person. I also gave a copy to one of my good friends who has extremely low self-esteem and it has really helped her.

I hope it can help you as it has helped my friend and I.

Keep ur chin up and wake up everyday with a smile on your face!!! =)