Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Face?

What do you use to wash your face with?

Comments

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I've been useing a natural soap but it always dries out my skin.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

mashed up strawberries (when their in season) and or ground up oats.

After you wash your face, take a clean hot wash cloth and put it over your face (opens up the pours) for a few seconds, take it off, then spread some honey on you face and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and then splash face with cold water (closes pours). I do this every night and my skin always feels very soft, like a baby! :)

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

i use a couple different products.

the wave by neutrogena, and some kind of scrub by clean and clear and a lemon face clenser by rachel perry. :)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

oils, and water. Soap will dry out your skin. Then the skin will produce more oil to re-moisturize itself. Which can cause greasy skin & acne. I use coconut, palm, and avocado oils on my skin, and rinse well with warm water on a wash cloth.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Dr. Bronner's. If I use anything. Generally I rinse, and rub with warm water, then I rinse with cool after. :) Only if I have eaten something i shouldn't have, do I need soap.

• I take off my make-up at night with cold-pressed avocado oil, then rinsing.

Of a morning, I wash with honey (the raw, solid kind so it isn't so messy), then apply jojoba oil. I usually apply a little Neutrogena moisturizer about 10 minutes later because my mineral make-up doesn't blend too well with only the jojoba oil.

About once a week, I make a really, really thin paste of baking soda and water and VERY GENTLY wash my face with that. It's a great exfoliant. I have to be really gentle so it doesn't cause my rosacea to flare up. Make sure you rinse it off well or you'll be finding the grit all day. LOL. I tend to have dry skin, so I only do this once a week.

Thank you call so much. I will give all this a try.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

i just use water. i find that oils or anything else clogs my pores and blocks my skin from eliminating properly.

• Right now I am using Clinique and Origins. I'm still on the look out for natural face wash.

• Aloe vera gel or juice is good for cleaning skin, exfoliating and moisturizing. Also african black soap is great.

where would you get african balck soap?

• Allafia sells African Black Soap. I wash my hair with it. They have a website if you google it. But my HFS also carries them.

I have eczema and dry skin and I alternate between cleansing with coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, avo oil. I apply, lay a warm cloth over my face to open the pores and then wipe it all down. Mist some pure water w/rose, aloe, and colloidal silver, and then moisturize with a Neem facial cream or an all natural face cream from Allafia and then some hemp butter to seal it in.

Thank you! I really appreciate all this help.

• Yeah I agree, you can usally get african black soap from the health food store. The best website that sells it is

www.nasabb.com. They have some of the best black soap. Black soap is great for acne, blemishes and an even skin tone. But you usually have to use a great moisturizer with it.

this may be a dumb question but what is it made out of?

• Correction. The correct spelling is Alaffia. Alaffia.com is down right now, but they carry wonderful fair trade shea butter products and African Black soap. Shampoos, body butters, lotions, facial creams, pure shea, soaps, etc. All natural and I am able to use everything and my eczema skin loves it all.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

You can also find a variety of black soap products at iherb.com

http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=black soap

I have used Dr Woods soaps (for my hair, and hands) and like them very much! (I noticed Dr Woods on the list there, but I have not tried their black soap variety.)

*If you have not purchased from iherb before, you can use this code for $5 off your first order: JIH770

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I was curious as to what it is made of as well. I found this site:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/09/what-is-black-soap.php

"Black soap is made from the ash of locally harvested plants and barks such a plantain, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves, and shea tree bark. First the leaves and bark are sun-dried and then roasted in a kettle or pot at an even, constant temperature, which is important to ensure color, texture and smell. Then water and various oils - palm oil, coconut oil, palm kernel oil (including shea butter and cocoa pod powder) - are added to the mixture and stirred for at least a day. After that, the "soap" is left to set for two weeks to cure. Oftentimes the soap is made by women and is fair-traded, though not always."

Thanks pixx.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

You are quite welcome! :~)

has anyone used olive oil on your face?

• I've used Olive Oil on my face, but just as a makeup remover; I've no idea if the quality really makes a difference though. Usually I buy the mid-range EVOO's for that purpose...seems to work quite nicely. Next to EVOO, mineral oil is my next favorite thing - it takes the make up off DIRECTLY!

• Yes, I have used EVOO. it's a great moisturizer. All oils will take off makeup. I use whatever natual oils I have on hand. I don't use mineral oil because its a petroleum product and I find it can be irritating on my sensitive skin.

Almond oil

Jojoba oil

coconut oil

avocado oil

Olive oil

sesame oil

• I love cleansing with oils, especially the amazing Best Skin Ever all-in-one facial and body oil! Here's my article about it. Enjoy!

http://blog.livingearthbeauty.com/2010/02/oils-the-secret-to-that-dewy-luminous-glow/

• silvassapsilvassap Raw Newbie

To get brightness on your face eyes are important.I get brighter eyes and my dark circles had faded away.i used dermalmd to fade them.