Almond Butter and Kale Chips?

Has anyone ever tried making a spicy almond butter sauce for marinating kale in, to make kale chips? I was really curious about a miso/almond butter/nama shoyu/ginger sauce to marinate kale in and dehydrate. If you have tried it or if it sounds good to you and you have any suggestions about how to make such a thing please help!

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Sounds really good to me! Just mix your chosen ingredients into a texture of a salad dressing; thick but pourable. Taste it before putting on the kale, though, to make sure you like it, and bear in mind that the salt taste will get stronger when it is all dry. So go light on the salty ingredients! I use only a couple tablespoons of "dressing" to a large bowl of washed kale. Just massage it all in, before dehydrating, no marinating time necessary.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I made them once without a thick marinade and they were like eating very messy.............air!!! Does using a nut butter marinade make them different, or is it the kale I was using? I see recipes for them suggesting dinosaur kale, which I've never seen. I grow regular kale, it's about the thickness of collard greens. And, has anyone tried using collards? I have more than my chickens and I can eat right now.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Perhaps you've seen dinosaur kale by it's other name: Lacinato Kale (that's the name a local store sells it under). I've tried collards and wasn't fond of it, but you may feel differently.

• Cashew butter and tahini are used for coatings in a couple of the recipes here.