Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My spiralizer...

Is the most amazing tool on the face of this planet.

I am in serious love with it. I just made pasta with it for the first time and it was amazingly yummy and so fun to use. I am smiling just thinking about it! I was excited about it before but I didnt know it was going to be so cool. I cant wait to see what other kinds of yummy things i can make. Sorry for the post but i just had to share my excitement!!! : ) What are some of your favorite things to do/make with your spiralizer?

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

Do you ever use an avocado-based dressing with your veggie pasta? I've been wanting to try it but don't want to waste an avocado if it's gross. I'm not totally sure how zucchini would taste with avocado.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I have never made an avocado-based dressing, however I have an avocado in the fridge that I have to eat soon so maybe ill try it out tonight and let you know how it goes : )

• FeeFee Raw Master

Yay! Im so glad that it arrived and you are having fun with it. It is just SO amazing that something so simple really can change food so much.

Enjoy it and make sure you tell us of any really good things you try with it. I would love to be able to do apple and make a nut butter dressing but I havent figured it out yet!

• Great thread! I just received my spirilizer in the mail but have yet to bust it out. I'll probably start with zucchini pasta, but would love other sauce/noodle recipes.

Awesome!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I love to use it on carrots and beets. Golden beets are particularly good as pastas.

Sometimes I use it for salad fixin's because it's actually easier and faster than slicing a carrot.

Sypita - congrats on also getting a spiralizer! Zucchini pasta is super yummy - i went a little crazy yesterday and i had my mom buy like 7 zucchini squash! I posted a recipe on here for my homemade pasta sauce and its super easy and very tasty.

http://goneraw.com/recipe/simple-pasta-sauce

lets hope we can get some other yummy suggestions.

• I've used avocado as a base for my dressing in place of another fat and it works great! It's delicious and is a perfect substitute for oil. It's definitely perfect when you're craving a creamier kind of ranch/caesar dressing--except its green haha

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

I like zucchini pasta made with pesto (garlic, basil, pine nuts, olive oil and lemon). However I had no pine nuts or basil in the house yesterday so I made a creamy ranch with hemp seeds plus some fresh tarragon, olive oil, lemon, water and a little onion.

Raw Karen the creamy ranch dip you made sounfs so good!

Also I wanted to ask I have wanted to make some pesto for a while now - but is there a way to make it without using the nuts? My digestive system doesnt really tolerate them that well. Thanks : )

http://lilearthmuffin.wordpress.com/

Hi Mikfizzle. Can you tolerate sunflower seeds? They make a creamy replacement to nuts. Remember to soak them first.

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Try spirilizing butternut squash and make a creamy alfredo type sauce soooo good. I haven't used my spirilizer in a while, I feel like getting it out tonight after reading this.

Nuts and seeds naturally contain enzyme inhibitors. By soaking them, you not only release the toxic enzyme inhibitors, but also increase the life and vitality contained within them. The soak water will contain the enzyme inhibitors, and is very acidic to the body, so be sure to rinse your nuts and seeds well after soaking. So in summary, soaked nuts and seeds are easier to digest. They also make your dressing/smoothie/dip softer. Here is another thread you might be interested in.

http://www.goneraw.com/forum/nut-butter-soak-or-not-soak

Also I saw yesterday that daniefon posted a recipe using raw zucchini instead. I had forgotten that (peeled) zucchini makes a terrific substitute for seeds and nuts if used in the right way. For example, I sometimes substitute half of the seeds or nuts with zucchini. Here is the link

http://www.goneraw.com/recipe/z-spicy-creamy-dressing

RawKaren - thanks so much that thread was very helpful/informative. : )

ddigiacomo - you should get it out, and make sure to tell me what you end up making! what recipe to do you use to make your alfredo sauce?

• FeeFee Raw Master

If you like cheesy pates then I recommend Zoe's spring onion cheese on this site - it is amazing and so unlike sunflower seeds. In fact I might put some sunflower seeds in to soak tonight.....

I have actually never made a pate before - but i have wanted too!

I just dont know how to go about it. I have also never soaked anything before - but my mom did just pick up some sunflower seeds at the health food store! Any tips or tricks would be great!

• I know I should soak my seeds and nuts and if they are going into a recipe i will, but I also like to eat them as a snack. I just can't eat them soaked on their own...too mushy/slimy/and soft. Not crunchy and satisfying. I don't have a dehydrator, is it really all that bad to eat them un soaked?

Soaking times chart:

http://www.raw-food-living.com/soaking-nuts.html

Sypita. I often don't bother soaking my nuts, so it is not that bad. Just depends on how well your digestion can cope.

RawKaren I actually have not had too much experience with sunflower seeds - but I did have my mom pick some up at the health food store. Are there different types of sunflower seeds? Why do you have to soak the seeds first? I am definatly new to the whole nuts/seeds things. Are seeds overall easier to digest than nuts are in general? Thanks for you help : )

• What kind of spiralizer do you like? I'm planning to get one too, and I want to make a good choice.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Get the one that has all the blades contained so your little one can help I believe it is the Saladacco brand it is so easy and cheap I have had mine for over a year and still going strong and my kiddos sure eat more of any meal they can help create!

I bought the Joyce Chen brand - and it works awesome for me!

Its super easy to use and i think was about $25.00 on amazon.com