Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Food Processors

I am in the market for a new food processor. I Have purchased the cheaper ones but they end up only lasting for a few months. I am ready to purchase a more expensive one but was looking for recommendations. I would like to stay around the $100-$150 mark but I have been seeing them for either $40 or $200. I would appreciate any advice. Most of the raw books I have recommend cuisinart.

Comments

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Awesome, thanks! Well bed bath and beyond is offering like $20 rebates on most of their kitchenaids and they give a 20% coupon. If I go with a kitchenaid i will save the $20 but if cuisinart is so much better I would rather spend the extra $20.

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Thanks pixx!! I did not know that.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

You are welcome. Hold onto your receipt, though-- seems that is their only qualification. No time limit, either. But again, ask *your* local store, to be sure.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

cuisinart is def a good brand but make sure whatever you do you get the big ones like 11 or 14 cups,

I have heard good things about the kitchen aid brand as well

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Here's the great thing about BBB: if it doesn't do well, to your expectations, they take it back! They have an incredible return policy. At least here locally, they do. Ask.

:~)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I'd like to give another view on that. I have a smaller one- maybe 6 cups, and an even smaller one- maybe 2 cups. I actually use the itty-bitty 2 cup one the most. Depends on what you want to prepare. If you prepare fresh, and only for yourself, a small one might do you just fine. If you are preparing for a family, or like to do large amounts in advance for later, then maybe one of the big guys will be a wise choice.

My 6 cup one is a black and decker, that is over 20 years old. Works well, just too large for a lot of what I do. But get's pulled out when I make crackers, or Ezekiel bread, and other such. Not sure the brand on my itty-bitty.

I did a search online a while back, on various appliances, and came up with quite a bit of negative comments on the Cuisinart currently on the market. I have no first hand experience on that, though. Of course, I have come to believe that most products out these days are not made as well as it's counterpart 20+ years ago, so it's no surprise to me, really.

• I've had a larger KitchenAid for nearly 2.5 years and love it. No problems, even when doing large batches or extended usage like shredding 4 heads of cabbage, a bunch of carrots and 2 large bunches of beets all in a row.

The smaller insert bowl solves the problem of batch size.