At long last I finally did it!

I thought I'd share a new little victory of mine....ever since going raw I've been attempting to become more natural in everything from cleaners to body soaps and shampoos. One thing I've tried several times is go let shampoo go for good. Each time I find myself getting grossed out by greasy hair or whatever. Well after doing green smoothie fasts I realize that when I'm doing them my hair's condition gets better and I've gone longer and longer without shampoo until I just made a decision on Monday that it was over between me and shampoo. I'm now free from the ties that bind me! haha.

I know it's probably not a huge deal but for me it's been a battle and now I've finally conquered it. I love how my hair looks and feels and all I do is rinse it with hot water whenever I shower(fairly often because I'm a runner). So yippee!!!

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

Great job!!! I'm glad your hair looks so good. It feels great to finally stop using something that has been so much a part of your life.

Working out definitely makes mine more greasy. I tried the no shampoo thing for 4 months and I will NEVER go back. My hair was a greasy mess. If it would have looked and felt all right, I would've kept up with it but I just didn't even like touching it. I've gone back to using organic shampoo. The first day I used shampoo again is in my top 10 best days of my life haha

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

joanna-you're hilarious haha. I guess the way around 100 ounces of green smoothies per day changed my hair made it possible for me to do this. I've tried so many time and always had the result that you did.

Maybe if you did green smoothies alot it'd work! hehe

• Your green smoothie fast? I'm curious, are you just adding some fruit (banana or mango) to tender greens? Or is it a more complicated than that? Oh, and congrads!

Nothing complicated on the green smoothies. Fruits like bananas, strawberries, blackberries, mangoes, oranges, apples and pretty much anything else plus loads of greens. It's been a dream!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

What a coinky-dink, I stopped using shampoo last week, and so far it's been fine. I've been "co-washing" though - washing with conditioner, rubbing it into my scalp like shampoo, then rinsing it out.

I have only been using water and so far it's been over a week and all is well. I'm not sure what I'll do if my hair actually gets dirty with something that is literally dirt or something but I'm really not wanting to use shampoo so I may do something like a lemon juice rinse.

• I've just started doing this:

http://babyslime.livejournal.com/174054.html

and it's been wonderful! No fasting necessary. I think it's awesome your hair is good without anything but water, but if it ever does get messy, give this a try! I'd heard of it before, but this post explains what's actually happening when you take care of your hair this way. It's super easy too.... easier than shampoo and conditioner!