Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Slow loading site?

NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

Does anyone else find this web site slow loading? It seems like most of the time it takes forever for the pages to load. :(

Comments

• And I thought that only I am having this problem.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I am having the same problem. I am also getting that “We’re sorry…” error.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

slow for me to :-(

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

here too

• Wow, yeah. That’s no good. We’ll take a look at that and try to fix it this morning.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Thanks. I’ve been experiencing the same thing. Glad its not just me emitting screwy ions!

• OK, should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out, everyone!!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

yay! super fast site again, thanks Ray!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Much better! Thank ya!!! :-)

• hi – i’ve actually been having problems the past few days getting on period. explorer (at work & at home) can’t load the site. i’m not sure if it’s just me or if anyone else is having a hard time. it’s noon in CA and i just now was able to get on (after 4 hours of trying). thank you!!

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

Im having a hard time as well. I use a mac/safari and more than half the time it won’t load at all. Not having trouble with any other sites.

• Yeah, we’ve had some downtime on the site over the past few days, starting this past weekend. We’re working on a fix – and I apologize for the issues.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

you guys are just getting so popular, you can’t keep up with yourselves :-)

• glad it’s not just me – thanks!!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Is anyone else having problems with the site being very slow again lately? It takes almost a minute for pages to come up most of the time. I get frustrated and give up. :)

• It seems a little slow still to me too but then again I just though it was because I use a older version of Windows Explorer.. But as for that “We’re sorry” error message, I get it EVERY time I post something (it also happens on my mobile phone too.. so I don’t think it’s cause of my IE) I know it’s not easy work maintaining a really active site like this one and a few bugs are expected (where’s the Raid when you need it??) all in all though it’s a great site and if it takes me a minute or two to get a page then I can always play a game of computer solitare while I’m waiting..

• Hm, do let me know if specific pages are slow. That can be fixed!

Regarding that “we’re sorry” message that folks are reporting, I strongly suspect (as KurdishMom0607’s message seems to confirm) that it happens to folks with older browsers, or with browsers that have “JavaScript” turned off.

If you are getting those “we’re sorry” messages each time you post on here, I wholeheartedly suggest you give the free Firefox browser a try. It’s hands-down the best browser you can get for Windows. (If you use a Mac, just stick with Safari and you’ll be a-ok!)

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Hey Ray, it takes forever to load recipes. I was wanting a quick marinara recipe and have been reading my emails while waiting for it to load. This forum loaded pretty quickly. I didn’t notice if the site loaded quickly today or not. Thanks!

Hmmm, either you fixed something Ray, I am becoming more patient, or it was just the first recipe that I tried to load that was slow. The last two recipes definately loaded faster. Just wanted to let you know. Keep up the great work!

Ray, I followed your advise and am now using Firefox as my default browser.. In addition to significantly speeding up the gone raw website, it does have some nice features such as spell check and tabs. I have not had some of the problems that I have experienced in the past like losing text before completing replies in forums. I decided to make goneraw.com my home page since I visit so frequently. It is great to “connect” each time I go online. I am loving it! I suggest that anyone using IE and having issues with sluggish loading give Firefox a try. Thanks again for your encouragement Ray.

• Glad to hear it!