Was running really late!!!

Today I was running really late, and i grabbed my watermelon for breakfast, but left my smoothie on the table.. ugh. I needed to drink something before breakfast, cause im driving alot in the am (camp/traffic then work) and cant "eat". I ran to the store next to my daughters camp once i realized i forgot it and grabbed this juice called Naked? Green Machine.

I am wondering if its OK to drink. I mean I did drink it, but is it something that is awful for you...unraw... etc.

It says it is all natural fruit and boosts of veggies. 100% juice smoothie, with Apples, Banana, Kiwi, Mango, Pineapple, spirulina, cholrella, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, garlic, barley grass, wheat grass, ginger and parsley. There is nothing added in the ingredients list either, just what i listed.... obviously sugar free except from fruit (so no added sweetners, etc).

Anyones thoughts?

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I used to LOVE naked juices before raw. I'm sure they're still good I mean, they're entirely fruit so nothing bad there but I'm pretty certain they aren't fresh. However, as an alternative to pretty much anything else but your own smoothie I'd say you did pretty good. ha

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

Troubles, I'm with you too. I lived off of naked and odwalla (odwalla was my favorite) before going raw. I probably drank 1-2 of them a day. They broke the bank though. Like $3.49 a bottle here. They aren't raw, but they filled me up when I was on the go. I would drink them for breakfast everyday. Logo, you have to admit that it tasted really good. Green Machine was one of my favorites.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I have looked into this and it has been pasterized so it is not raw and all the rules of damage from being cooked apply here.

Is it good for you? I would say no.

Is it ok to drink it? Well that would be up to you on how raw you are and if you are willing to have something cooked once in a while. It goes back to being a personal choice.

My husband really likes them but refuses to pay those prices.

• Thanks guys. Joanna it was really good. :-)

As i said in the post i know it is def. not raw, but i was just concerned it was SOOO not good for me that i would get sick. It was a "quick" fix since i left my smoothie on the counter. Not something I want to continue to do!

Thanks for your input.

xo

• They used to be raw before someone got botulism or something.... They are only flash-pasteurized which means the juice isn't cooked nearly as long or hot has the boiled-to-death non-refrigerated stuff. Hope that's reassuring!

That must have been devastating to realized you forgot your smoothie! I HATE that. The heart-sink feeling and thinking about it going to waste on the counter....