Water Fast

Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I have started a water fast today. so far so good.

had a slight headache but doing good. Does anyone have any advise to help me stay going

Thanks Tons

Comments

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Would love to hear what others experienced during a fast.

thanks

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

I have never done a water fast before, but I think at some point I might. How many days are you going to do it for? I'm reading an interesting book on iridology (about the irises of your eyes) and he seems to highly recommend water fasting. I had a great experience with the master cleanse. I imagine water fasting would be way harder. But I'm sure the benefits will definitely outweigh any hardship. if you go to water fast on you tube you'll get some videos. I'm sure people have blogged about it as well. I'll definitely be checking your post to see how i goes. Lots of good wishes and luck!

• I try to do a water fast once a week. It's not too hard to do it for 36 hours. Longer than that is impossible for me--I prepare food for both RAW and non-RAW family members. I'm going to visit my mom in July for 6 days. Since she's worried about what to feed me I figured it would be the perfect time to do a longer fast then (although she'll probably be concerned about what not eating that long will do to me). I was inspired and informed of the benefits of fasting by the book The Miracle of Fasting by Paul Bragg.

day 2

I am not sure yet how long yet everyhing I have read so far says it differs for each person and I only weight 128lbs but need to unload all the toxins for my asthma to go away.

I want to at least go 5days hope I can more if able. i did the master cleanse for 12 days last year so I figure I can do this, hard part no yummy lemonade to drink just tastless water!!

Was doing really well on raw but then my oldest brother died and all hell broke loose.

out of 5 kids there are only two of us left and both parents gone. dying of cancer and for my mom heart diease and emphsema. Dont want to live in those conditions. rather go instantly like my middle brother in a car crash or in my sleep or something.

So I started eating SAD because my brother would get mad at me, so to be nice to the dying...and then looked down on because I didnt stick with it. Some people appreciate nothing.

anyway having such a hard time going back to raw with wanting to eating everything in site so I thought a fast would help me get rid of the cravings.

I am out here in the semi with my husband so laying around saving energy is no problem but watching him eat is kinda hard. Have been reading up on all the new reciepes so when I get home It will be more exciting to be raw alway need that in the beginning.

LUXDIVON,

Since I have been seeing my holistic lady in 2007 my eyes have been turning blue, they were hazel more brown than green, she told me that hazel eyes are not a true eye and is a sign of illness. She said mine would probably be a blue/green which they are mostly green with light blue on the sides and the halo around them is deep blue with only a few streaks of brown left. I would so much love to have all blue eyes!!

So maybe this fast will help get that going a little more yahhhh

Thanks both of you for the suggested reading!!

Hugs

• I have read on Dr. Walker's material that a fasting on water past 5 days may not be positive for the body, particulary the brain. He suggests to add some lemon/ lime juice to your water and some vegetable juice to keep your tissues/organs/blood nurished as you fast aways toxins. Of course this is just one opinion. I have fasted on water for up to 5 days many times with no adverse side effects, infact I had positive results. I have juice fasted for up to 21 days, it was an amazing experience. Happy fasting:).

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

hi blue eyes! make sure to rest, physically and mentally (no tv, no computer, no reading). just lay in bed all day and rest as much as you can :)

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Two days is a lot for a water fast--I would only suggest five if you will have access to medical supervision in case something does go wrong. You might want to consider something to help cleanse your digestive tract; otherwise, all those toxins are liable to build up in your intestines, get absorbed back into your bloodstream, and make you feel terrible. Lemon or lime juice sounds like a great idea to me.

• I agree with ambiguous. Cleansing the colon is very important during fasts, keeps the detox symptoms low too.

• A salt water flush is a good way to cleanse out the colon (check out this article: ezinearticles.com/?Salt-Water-Flush---Bathe-Your-Insides). Nasty but effective--the first few times I did it I gagged big time, but it should get easier the more you do it.

• kellyannekellyanne Raw Newbie

salt water flushes are horrible. that much salt is so bad for you. that's why you have such a reaction when you do it, because your body is really trying to get it out.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

The whole point of a salt water flush is that the salt goes directly through you, and is not absorbed because of it being 'saltwater' like that of the ocean. I personally didn't have great results with the salt water, but tons of other people do. I wonder how doing a detox tea would be on a water fast? Detox tea helped me immensely on the master cleanse. I agree that it is best if you can keep the toxins moving freely out of your body, which would work great, as long as there weren't side effects as that would be the only other thing your body would be absorbing. Hey blue eyes, I think I would start with how your movements are, and see how they're coming, and see how you feel. Go from there.

Ok I made it three days and was sooo weak I had to start on the oranges just to move today I went to a store in Madison, wi, and OMG I thought I was in produce heaven!!

It was so hard to pick from everything the had it was wonderful it took everything I had not to get everything, but now my little frig and small cooler are packed and so is my non refrigerated fruit bin, And yeah watermelon for today!!!!

Maybe I just need to be raw and try it again later.

Thanks everyone for your help and support!!!!