Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Peeing...a lot

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ok so I tend to go to the bathroom to pee a lot because the foods that I eat have a high water content (fruits & veggies). I also drink a lot of water. So many people are always shocked to see how often I go pee. For example, yesterday I had a 2 hour meeting and went to the bathroom 3 times. None of the other 5 people went at all. Do you guys get the same reaction from people as I so?

Also, whenever I am out and about, I always need to know where the bathrooms are because of how often I go.

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

girl, i pee a lot, too. my friends know that i'm always peeing and are used to it by now.

pilates class is the worst. i always pee before the class, during the class, and after- it's only an hour-long class! i think it might be because we lay on our abs a lot and it's pressing into my bladder.

i don't think there's anything wrong with peeing a lot. as long as it doesn't hurt, i dont' care that much.

• Me too, me too! I have to pee all the time. I tried to keep count one day...and after 11 times in the late afternoon I forgot and lost count. When I am at work, I usually go every 45 minutes, at least.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

i saw this post and i had to laugh - i am the same way!

its the worst in school when i have to go to the bathroom and certain teachers wont let you go!

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

Stop drinking so much water, you don't need it and its probally doing you more harm then good. Cut out all water during meal time and if u want drink a glass in the morning and at night and maybe in between meals if u feel u need it

• Hehe I love this thread!! I pee all the time too! It's so annoying! I love my water though and if I'm not constantly sipping water I feel bloated and dehydrated. I don't drink enough to feel full though so I don't think it's bad for me and I actually think it's a good think if the water runs right through you because that means your body doesn't feel the need to hold on to it (meaning you're dehydrated). I don't know I read that somewhere. Plus it flushes everything out :)

• I've always peed once an hr. Since starting no meat/no dairy and eating a lot more fruits and veggies I pee every 15 minutes. Not a good look!!!

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I feel drinking water is necessary. I also found out well over twenty years ago, that drinking less did *not* make me need to go to the bathroom less. There was less to void, but the urge to go was still there; roughly every hour. Drinking less makes me dehydrated, causing headaches and light-headedness, and brain-fog. And vivid yellow pee.

• Yeh, since goin raw I pee all the time too. And yes, people notice. Also, I don't drink ANY fluids so doubt that'll help.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I agree with pixx and keewi I have found that I need to drink less water since I am eating so many hydrating fruits and veggies.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Being hydrated is a good thing.

In my opinion, if you feel you are peeing more than the average person, perhaps you are not peeing a lot - it's simply a matter of them peeing TOO LITTLE/not being hydrated.

• GulayG1rlGulayG1rl Raw Jr. Superstar

Been raw for years, but in the beginning I was mostly in gourmet raw veganism. Now, I eat a lot more whole raw foods, not a lot of salt, much more fruit carbs compared to nut fats (although I'm not a strict 80/10/10er). Once I did that, peeing was so much more often. I don't need an alarm clock because my body will just tell me to get up and pee!

Aside from water and the hydrating fruit and vegetables, I also drink a lot of coconut water. Over here in my country, we call that buko juice, and I will the flesh that comes along with it.  

ClaireT