Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

80/10/10 menu ideas

AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Can you guys share your typical daily menu on the 80/10/10 diet. I read the ones on the book, but was wondering what others were eating.I tend to eat a snack in the afternoon and in the book, it only lists 3 main meals, no snacks.

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i always eat snacks. i can't eat huge meals all at once or else my stomach expands like 10 inches haha i think the ratio of 8.1.1 is more important than when you eat the meals or how much at each meal.

this is what i ate today

breakfast- smoothie of 2 bananas, 2.5 peaches, 2 cups grapes, and 4 handfuls of spinach

lunch- smoothie of 2 peaches, 2 cups grapes, 1/2 an apple, and 3 handfuls of spinach

dinner- spinach salad with marinated mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and broccoli.

usually, i dont add a lot of different fruits to my smoothies but today i had a little bit of each fruit and not enough to make a smoothie out of.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I don't intentionally follow 80/10/10- but many of my days fit it.

I don't eat on a schedule. I eat when I am hungry. Sometimes that is 3 meals. Sometimes four, or five (or more!). Sometimes only two. Some of my meals are small, and may be what some would call a snack. Some are large, and surprise even the bf on how much I can eat. :)

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

I'm like pixx I don't do 80/10/10 but once in awhile I am, mine seems to go from 33/33/33 to 60/20/20 to 45/10/45 to 40/40/20 and on days when I'm feelin real crazy I'll do 10/10/80. Just messin I don't really measure out all my food... but some good menu items would be large watermelon slice.... 1 cantaloupe.... 4 apples.... 5 bananas... 5 oranges... one big bunch of kale with goji berries sprinkled in and the juice of one lemon.... Pretty much any amount of one fruit until you're full. Fruit is so satisfying I don't see how it can be hard, my problem is the jacked up prices.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

keewl, I totally agree with the prices! Everytime I put a piece of food in my mouth, I try to think if I am really that hungry because I know how expensive it will be to buy more of it!

Well for a night snack I just had zucchini pasta (2 zucchinis) with tomato sauce and olives. I guess it's better than a bag of chips :)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

"Everytime I put a piece of food in my mouth, I try to think if I am really that hungry because I know how expensive it will be to buy more of it!"

Ya know...if you are not getting in enough calories every day, that might explain why you binge on junk food. (I know that's from another thread, but you may have given yourself an answer, here.)

• Here's a link to Steve Pavlin's blog- he chronicals his low fat, high fruit experiment with raw. He shows almost all his meals (with pics!) and dietary breakdown in cals. Maybe that will help you out. There are 30 days worth of them.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2008/01/raw-food-diet-day-1/

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Thanks pixx! You are probably right about that one. I guess I didn't put 2 and 2 together, I guess I'm not very logical! I just need to find good deals on fruits. I'm going to 2 farmers markets today to see what I can find.

swayze, do you feel really stuffed after your first meal or do you just feel satisfied until later for your second meal?

i don't think i'd be able to move if i had that many bananas in one sitting. the most i can do is 6.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

AVL,

First of all, it might help to add potatoes and/or rice back into your diet, and just allow yourself to have it when you want. That way you're pendulum hopefully won't get so out of whack, swinging way in one direction and then way in the other. And, it's in the 811 ratio Hopefully if you allow yourself to eat as much as you want of potatoes/rice you, you would be able to stay away from the nutella and processed poisons, and also dairy. And you definitely won't get fat on potatoes and rice. There are a couple really good videos on veganism here: http://www.raw-food-love.com/raw-vegan-diet.html. Some people can't handle making tons of changes at once (like me).

I bought 2 cases of bananas from walmart, 40 lbs for 20 bucks each. They have almost filled my fridge, so I have been eating watermelon for breakfast, banana smoothie for lunch and snack, more melon for snack, then apples later in the evening. I don't count calories, I eat for nourishment.

Please do take care :)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I normally eat only 2 meals a day, with my first meal around noon or so.

1st meal: 12-15 bananas

2nd meal: 20-25 small peaches, a pound or so of cucumbers, cherry tomatoes

My first meal is almost always bananas, no matter what time of year it is. My second meal varies depending upon the season.

Of course, when I first went raw, I ate 5-6 times per day...maybe more. It was just too difficult to eat everything in one sitting. Many of my meals were smoothies as well, which really helped me to get enough calories.

Hope that helps,

Swayze

No, I never eat until I'm stuffed. I just feel satisfied and no longer want whatever it is that I am eating. I feel satisfied for a good 5 hours until my dinner meal.

Haha...yea, I definitely couldn't eat more than 2 bananas at first. Plus, I hated bananas unless they were in a smoothie.

You might want to try grapes. They are more calorically dense than people think and I always found them much easier to eat a lot of than other fruits.

Mangoes are good as well because their just so gosh darn delicious. ;)

Swayze

do you buy your fruit in cases? i just emailed my grocery store about buying bananas, grapes, and spinach in bulk.

do you know if i'd pick up the cases at the grocery store or would i go to the supplier?

You would pick up the cases at the store.

I've never had luck with buying in bulk at supermarkets, actually. Either they don't offer it or there isn't much of a discount. I prefer buy-in-bulks shops like Costco. The fruit is usually really good quality, although conventional, and much cheaper.

Of course, you can't beat going to the farm directly. Great experience, great prices, and great fruit! :)

Swayze