Raw Vs Non-Raw - Difference in Taste

I'm curious to know what foods you think have quite a difference in taste and texture from being non-raw to being raw.

Comments

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

Everything tastes better after a while on raw. If you eat a raw avocado and don't like it, eat it three more times nd you'll love it. Eat three servings of a pizza and you'll be like n more pizza for a while. That's the difference. 

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

"Eat three servings of a pizza and you'll be like n more pizza for a while. That's the difference. ."

So true! I never thought of it that way...

As far as foods having different tastes and textures, I would say that every food is different in its raw state than in it cooked state. Even cooked food eaters can tell the difference between raw and cooked foods. They just think the raw stuff is "bland and boring."

Swayze

• Ick, just the thought of pizza makes me feel sick. All that oil and the mass of refined flour and "cheese"... ugh! Oh and I meant *extreme* differences.

Btw, Swayze I downloaded your ebook the other night and am trying out a raw/fruit diet for a couple of days to see how it goes. I've always been interested in that type of diet but was worried to try it out. If it doesn't work for me, I can just quit and find something that does, so I should try it! So far day 1 has left me feeling energetic but bloated, even though lacking in calories. I think it's because I've been eating less fruit than usual these days, but anyway I hope the bloating goes away soon because it's giving me a false signal of feeling full. We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I agree with Swayze...I can't think of anything that isn't somewhat different when cooked. Taking your question to mean which are the most dramatically different in taste and texture...perhaps tomatoes, potatoes (not that I'd eat them raw), eggplant (ditto), cabbage (because it's vile cooked), pumpkin and other hard winter squashes.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Banana-head (love the name and avatar, btw), thanks for downloading the book! As far as the bloating goes, this is fairly common at first. Your stomach is not used to that amount of volume at one time. The lining of your stomach will slowly adjust and regain its elasticity as you make fruit eating a part of your routine.

Swayze

• keewi, I agree with what you have to say. Caps lock, however, is seen as shouting, not necessarily as awesome. I hope that's taken constructively, and not as an affront. Thanks.