What kinds of things would you buy online?

Just curious as to find out what types of products, food, preparation materials, etc. you would buy online as opposed to in a retail store – things that need not be refrigerated before opening, basically. Also, if anyone has a site they shop at for supplies, please list it here so I can take a look. I’m trying to a) cut costs by buying certain things online and b) find a good resource to buy said things online :)

I appreciate any input!

Comments

• Hello Katmondu, I love to shop at Naturalzing.com. I place an order about once a month. The whole website is raw, organic and vegan. In the past I’ve got vitamineral greens, E3 live products, spirulina, sea salt, olives, cacaoa in all forms, goji berries, mulberries, incan berries, agave, yacon syrup, bee pollen, nut milk bags, nuts/seeds, spiral veg/fruit cutter, msm lotion and much more. Yes that is a lot and cost a lot of money. I figure that I don’t eat out or buy any prepared foods so that kind of takes the place for it. It’s nice to have all that stuff on hand. Unless you have a local raw vegan store, there’s nowhere else to get those products from. I think that website has helped me so much to stay raw. I do buy produce a few times a week also. It’s the price you pay to be happy and healthy. So just check out Naturalzing.com. (I don’t know where you live but when I order it comes in 2 days… and I live in PA)

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

From Amazon I buy Agave Nectar and Raw Chocolate powder. They have great deals if you buy in bulk. I’ll get the box of agave nectar (12 bottles) and with free shipping it ends up costing about $3 a bottle.

I like Naturalzing as well. I love getting hard to find ingredients from them like Raw Limo Pepper and Raw Dehydrated Blue Corn Kernals. Lots of fun stuff. They also have some great tools for the kitchen…nutmilk bags, etc.

I buy most of my produce from www.BoxedGreens.com They’re local for me (still delivery though) but they ship around the country and I love their produce. I also get a lot of my nuts and seeds from them.

My favorite place for coconut oil and dehydrated coconut that is truly dehydrated at low temps is http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/

Good deals for buying (decent shipping prices, too) in bulk nuts/seeds/seasonings etc is http://www.sunorganic.com/

Bottom line…to save money…buy in bulk and freeze. You pay less shipping typically and you get better deals by buying bigger quantity. Things like seeds and nuts and dried fruit store well in the freezer so you can have them for a year…so stock up :)

ALSO…ASK FOR A DEAL if you buy in bulk. Email the company that you’re thinking of buying from and see if they’ll give you a deal (if there isn’t something advertised already) by ordering in bulk, I’ve had great success by doing this.

Hope this helps! Cheers! Chef Kristen Suzanne www.KristensRaw.com www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

• Thank you guys so much for your recommendations. I had never heard of some of the websites you had mentioned, so this gives me a great opportunity to bargain and quality hunt :D

One thing I can pass on, I usually find the best prices for any vitamin related stuff at http://www.vitacost.com. The only problem is that you pay a set shipping fee if you live in the US, and they don’t really have a “raw” designation on the products, so unless you can find a lot of stuff that you want it’s not worth it. But their prices are usually a lot lower than other sites like that.

I don’t think I’ll be able to find a produce delivery service – it is so hot and humid where i live – (jeez i would never leave my house, I’d just cook all day! LOL) but the local farmer’s markets around my area are just fine for that kind of stuff, but it’s nice to know that boxedgreens.com delivers nationwide anyway. I’ll see about looking for a local service where I live.

Thanks again guys for the insight, I really appreciate it.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Also try RawGuru.com. You get free shipping on orders over 100$ – so if you stock up, you save on shipping. You also get raw “points” to go towards furture orders (use them like dollars).

Don’t know if this matter to you but I stopped shopping through Amazon because I found out they are still selling foie gras. Bad Amazon!

Kristen I dont’ see Raw Dehydrated Blue Corn Kernels on NaturalZings site. I only see the Purple Corn. Do you have a source for Blue Corn Kernels – I would love to get some.

• Hi! Queenfluff and KristensRaw, what do you do with dehydrated blue corn kernals?

• Thanks! I can’t wait to try them!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have never had any dehydrated blue corn kernels. NaturalZing sells Purple Corn Kernels. I use them in Raw Corn Chips. Click on my picture for the recipe. :)