Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Peanut Butter Pie?

My boyfriend is always raving about this peanut butter pie that he once ate and absolutely loved and he's a little interested in going raw, his birthday is also coming up soon. Does anybody have a clue how to make a raw peanut butter pie?

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

{bump} -ing to front page, for more viewers, and hopefully an answer for you!

• erinerin Raw Superstar

This is a recipe for a chocolate almond butter pie called "Life by Chocolate" I have not made the exact recipe before, but something very similar. It was DELICIOUS! If you didn't want the chocolate part you could do just do the nut butter layer.

• The mudslide pie in I am Grateful reminded me of a chocolate-peanut butter pie; it was one of the best raw pies I ever had and my non-raw friends really loved it. However, it does take a lot of expensive ingredients, some of which I had to order.

• cupcakes revengecupcakes revenge Raw Newbie

I don't think I've ever had an official peanut butter pie...but I find it's not too too difficult to turn cooked recipes into raw ones. What's in a typical peanut butter pie? I'd just make a chocolate nut crust and fill it with maybe a layer of nut butter, covered with a layer of chocolate mousse? I know raw nut butter can be intense and thick, but perhaps blending it with agave and coconut oil would help make it thinner. Or, you could make a nut butter chocolate mousse, instead of having the two layers.

• The recipe I used is based on a Paula Deen one (so you know it's healthy;-) was basically cream cheese, whipped cream, icing sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and either a chocolate Oreo cookie crust or a graham cracker crust. You don't bake it; just keep it in the fridge.

What about a nut butter pie with a mock-cream cheese filling, and a nut crust?

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i think the crust could be dates and macadamia nuts or cashews. that would be really good. for the filling, i'd go with raw almond butter mixed with bananas in the food processor. i love the combo of those two flavors.

• I make a lovley pie the base walnuts, dates and cacao powder, the filling is almond nut butter blanded with some cahews, cocnut oil melted and agave, it is fairly runny. then the topping in avo's blended with cocao butter melted, cocao powder, agave and vinilla. It is really lovely.