Mono and Raw foods

Does anyone know or have experience of raw foods helping mono? There is a young lady who is close to my sister who has had mono for over six months now and is looking for alternative medicine to help her heal. After having it for so long she is at risk for both Chronic Mono as well as Chronic Fatigue Ssyndrome. Obviously raw foods will help her immune system but I was wondering if anyone had been able to become functional again. She will lose her job over this and possibly never be able to work again unless she can find a way to treat it naturally. Doctors don't have adequate medicine to keep her healthy.

Thank you

Comments

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I do not know specifically but would suggest

1) Green smoothies

2) Looking into anti-bacterial foods AND immune systems boosting foods to create recipes from

If she has insurance I would also refer her to a naturopath if there is one in her area, many of now covered by insurance.

6 months dealing with mono being that sick is crazy, she most definitely needs a new Dr that takes her health seriously!!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

How awful! If she is consuming any dairy products she needs to stop asap. Dairy products generate so much mucus that the body has to fight hard to get rid of it.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I have told her to do a juice fast ASAP. I'm sending her my juicer(she lives in another state). She's very very open to doing entirely raw food. She's really scared about her health and worried she will never be able to have a job. She was just diagnosed with Chronic Mono yesterday. I have talked to her about the problem foods(meat, dairy, wheat) and she's very desperate to make a change. I'll be encouraging her to get as much greens as possible as well.