JUICING CONFUSION

carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Hi! I'm on my 10th day of juicing. I got on the scale today and I've gained back 2 pounds.... how is this possible? Anyone know? This is what i typically juice:

MORNING: GRAPEFRUIT/PEAR OR GRAPEFRUIT/ORANGE or a similar combination of fruit

LUNCH: SPINACH/CARROT or SPINACH/APPLE

DINNER: KALE/APPLE/CELERY/GINGER/LEMON

Some variation of all of that.

Yesterday, I was out longer than i thought i would be and I was starving (hadn't eaten anything all day). So, i thought i'd run into my grocery store and get some carrot juice (Bolthouse Farms), but my grocery store only carries the smoothies (mostly the ones that are chocolate or vanilla). So, out of desperation, I bought a small bottle of V-8. Now, i read the ingredients and the only thing added was Salt. So, I thought I wasn't making a bad decision (normally i wouldn't get this, but i was really hungry). Do you think this could've attributed to the 2 pounds? I've always had great success with juicing. But, my stomach does feel bloated today and I am gassy (haven't been at all since i started juicing).

Any thoughts/ideas?

Also, does anyone have a really good juicing recipe? I'm so tired of my same old combinations. I'd really love a really great veggie juice. Bolthouse Farms makes this great juice called VEDGE. I love the way it tastes and i've tried replicating it based on what their bottle says.... but, i just can't seem to figure it out. Any recipes? Thanks!!!!

Comments

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

yes, it was the salt. salt makes you retain water. because it's TOXIC. the body retains water to dilute the salt and minimize it's negative effects.

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

Try ginger, lime, spinach, cucumber and pineapple to ring the changes. If you want something more substantial, blend in an avo.

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

i have had the exact same problem when juicing- if i buy store bought juice ill gain weight. I think its the salt/higher sugar content due to pasteurizing. Make yourself some of the MC lemonade- that seems to flush out the excess water weight.

• The salt from the V8 difinately contributed. Also, I'm pretty sure V8 juice is pasteurized.

Also, are you getting enough physical activity? One way the body rids itself of toxins is through movement. If you are not getting a good amount of physical activity, everything kind of gets trapped and stuck there and does not eliminate properly?

• I am so glad that there are people who know how bad pasteurization is! I've been dealing with a lot of people debating me about whether the eFusion energy drinks are healthy or not. Of course I know they aren't, but people buy into marketing scams too easily.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Also, bear in mind that if the body does not get enough calories (repeatedly, over a few days or more), it will go into "starvation mode" (the body thinks food is not plentiful, and will start storing up). You CAN gain weight, by eating less.

This page will figure out your Basal Metabolic Rate- the bare minimum of calories you need to sustain, if laying in bed all day.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/