Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

stained teeth & dark bags

Is there anything I can do to whiten my teeth raw foodist style? I also have dark baggyish circles under my eyes that have been there for approx. 5-6 years…I’m not 100% so maybe they will go away whenever I do. Is there anything that can be done? I’m SO frustrated with these things!

Comments

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

Alexandra-

I am VERY new to this so I don’t know if my info will help but here goes. I just recently started oil pulling, actually it was 3 days ago. My teeth have whitened almost instantly! I have had yellowed front teeth since I was a teen. I also have noticed that my face has a natural glow about it so I bet it would help with those dark circles. I found info at oilpulling.com

Good luck!

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

I agree!! oil pulling is amazing.I use coconut oil. You can find a forum on it at http://www.curezone.org

• I find whenever I have any salt at all, my face and especiall my eyes get very puffy and swollen the next day. Also, non-raw foods give me dark circles, puffiness, and a host of other unpleasant symptoms. I reckon cooked and processed foods cause an allergic reaction. I recommend you try one week of cutting out all the added salt, eating more natural foods (variety of fruits, veggies, juices) and cut down on all the gourmet raw recipes which often include a lot of spices, salt, nama shoyu, tamari, etc etc. Eat all you want of these pure, raw, clean whole foods in their most natural state and see how you look and feel in just one week. And keep it raw and real.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I find that a high green food intake helps a lot with dark circles. I’ve been trying to get rid of mine for years! I just sarted oil pulling about 10 to 14 days ago and it is also helping my skin to look better. I also retain fluid badly. I think it is related to grain intake,but sometimes there is no apparent reason. How long have your teeth been a problem?

• Alexandra

I totally feel for you cause these are the two things that I have struggled with for years. I have been raw for approx 3 yrs and have done 2 liver cleanses and that has certainly made a huge difference as far as the dark circles under my eyes.In my case I realized that most of my aunts On both sides of my family had this problem. Teeth…sigh… How frustrating!!!! I’ve truly tried almost everything, I think! Then I found this all natural organic tooth paste by One Group, from Australia.TRULY AMAZING!!!! After just a few days of using this stuff people started to notice and comment on my teeth. I have been absolutely thrilled and if you need more info on this product ( all there stuff is equally amazing ) you can check out this link www.weallcare.mionegroup.com Good luck Oh, the liver cleanse I did was the 9 day one, where you have to drink lemon juice and olive oil…ya Ive done it twice…not too much fun but boy do you detox, big time!!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Alexandra,

I had dark circles under my eyes for most of my life (as has my dad). Last year, I went vegan (after being vegetarian for about 12 years). Then, I did a two week renewal cleanse and started eating raw foods. Somewhere in that time, the bags went away and haven’t been back. It has been amazing (no more daily remarks of how tired I look, etc).

Good luck!

• EVERYONE~ for those of you that do the oil pulling, did it make you sick at all? I am a severe emetaphobic (fear of vomiting) and I do not engage in anything that would cause me to gag even though it is suppose to be good for you. I went on the site and they recommended peppermint oil to help with those toxins.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

oil pulling does not make me nauseated at all. not even a little. I have heard that using olive oil makes some folks gag, but I’ve pretty much stuck with coconut oil and only had gentle experiences so far. If you are afraid of toxin overload, you could try swishing for less time to begin with and get a sense of how your body is responding. Best of Luck!

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

raw-men, I have a medium fear of vomiting and an extremely light gag reflex (I gagged at least once every single time I swallowed any kind of vitamin or pill, though I took them daily for most of my life). Oil pulling still works ok for me. I use coconut oil because of the teeth whitening factor and most importantly, because I find it the most pleasant.

I have gagged a few times, but the main thing that happens is that I get this tickle in my throat like I need to cough stuff up. Sometimes it bugs me enough to stop, cough, and re-start again, other times I can stick it out. (This may be detox related, not gag related, but it is hard to tell.) In addition to the time factor blujett mentioned, also suggest starting with less oil – that was very important for me. Since I’ve lowered the amount of oil to something I’m more comfortable with, I haven’t had any problems with gagging.

I use sunflower oil and it has little to no taste. I have never felt the need to gag. I just gently swish it around in my mouth while I’m going about my morning routine. I almost always can go for 20 min. and I use 1 TBS. Question for those of you who have done liver cleanses : Does it help with tissue fluid retention? I seem to retain fluid very easily. I can literally gain 7 to 10 pounds in a week if I eat “badly” which is to say lots of grains, sweets etc.

• Love4LifeLove4Life Raw Newbie

Hello everyone! I don’t get alot of time to respond to things as i’ve been working alot, but I thought this was an interesting topic and had a question… i have no top teeth, only bottom ones are real, will it still work for me? thanks for all the replies ahead! just in case I can’t respond for awhile. :) Have a Great Day!! christina

The toxins are pulled through the mucus membranes,so it should work just fine for you.

• I believe oil pulling can be a good practice in few cases but I also believe it can cause damages to your teeth, if you have some cracks in your teeth for example oil can penetrate the teeth and make it fragile and easy to break. I noticed this in 3 people already, I’m not sure if it was just coincidence or in same way can be related with oil infiltrated into your teeth, this is just my theory which would be interesting to investigate further.

• Thanks everyone! I’ve had stained teeth for about 7 years or so. It started when I moved to an area with heavy water that had lots of iron and sulfur in it. Is the oil that you use organic and/or cold pressed? I’m not sure if the coconut oil I have is cold pressed but I am going to try oil pulling! The renewal cleanse sounds good to but I am a financially challenged woman at the moment so that will have to wait. What are some other “do-it-yourself” cleanses that I could do? I’ve read numerous times that one should do a parasite/colon cleanse before the liver cleanse. Thank you all again!

• Hi Alexandra! Strawberries rubbed on your teeth religiously (like every day??) will definitely whiten your teeth. Plus you get to eat them! :) ~Kathleen

• I found this fascinating so I tried oil pulling yesterday and today and it was like nothing I’ve ever tried before. It said on the website the oil should be white when you spat it out, mine was white after 1 minute of swishing, not 20… it kind of made me feel like I was really toxic! Hehe! I kind of felt better, but I’m not sure… Oh well… :)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

For the bags under the eyes, (if you are not already doing this) drink 64 oz of water a day… or ideally, half your weight in ounces per day.

• josephinebjosephineb Raw Newbie

I was looking for an eye cream to help reduce the appearance of the sometimes dark bags I feel I have, (I'm a night owl due to work and school). The description of dermalmd under eye serum sold me then to top that it was on sale
    Dermalmd serum has reduced the puffiness and darkness under my eyes, and it just feels good when I have applied it to my skin.

I highly recommend dermalmd.